It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major time-shift event in EU leaves citizens baffled!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A major time disturbance hit the EU continent today at 2 AM,

Several citizens noticed how clocks skipped one hour, on computers and smartphones.

Desperate citizens called the local authorities, to get help out of the time affected area, but it was too late.

Local scientist speak of a "time wave" hitting Europe at 2 AM, disturbing local residents.

A Pentagon affiliate to NASA has confirmed the time wave, using the Australian radio telescope, combined with the new James Webb telescope, could be a Russian space weapon, the west are not aware about.

Leading European scientists will look further into the matter.
EU time draggin event

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

This is the first day of the last days before the last day.
Time will be stolen. This is how they make the updates.
Things are going to get more weird.

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   

We voted to get rid of DST here in Oregon, but there is some kind of hold up with doing away with it.
edit on 26 3 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The U.S. Senate passed a bill to stay on permanent daylight saving time. Me I'd prefer standard time but at least if the house passes it or one that the senate can agree on there won't be no more springing forward or falling back.

The Senate approved the measure, called the Sunshine Protection Act, unanimously by voice vote. The House of Representatives, which has held a committee hearing on the matter, must still pass the bill before it can go to President Joe Biden to sign.

U.S. Senate approves bill to make daylight saving time permanent

edit on 26-3-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So , Europe had an Oops moment

" DST starts on the last Sunday of March and ends on the last Sunday of October" per European process.
Guess what ?
They goofed .
Be may guess
A day early and a dollar short .
From the Source .
edit on 3/26/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

We voted to get rid of DST here in Oregon, but there is some kind of hold up with doing away with it.

Lol

No to time changes!

Yes to heroin shooting rooms!

I'm glad I'm on the other side of the Columbia, but at least you got one of them right. Washington isn't far behind on the wackadoo meter.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I was so excited clicking this thread. Leaving disappointed. Shame on you. Snf for the click bait though.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 03:27 AM
link   

It was planned years ahead. Some knew it would happen. Some thought that every government would force people into buying radio controlled clocks so they wouldn't notice.
But it is noticeable.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
Major time-shift event in EU leaves citizens baffled!

That's a lie and you know it.

The problem with the poll that was the basis for the proposed end of DST in the EU was that almost all the responses to the poll came from Germany, so it was not a representative poll.

Also, the reason Iceland is not from using DST is probably the same reason Portugal and Greece do not agree with the end of DST, the difference in length of the day between countries more to the north or the south when compared to countries between those extremes.

For example, in Portugal, if we didn't have DST, the Sun would rise in June at 05:00 and would set at 20:00. Most people start their day around 06:00 or 07:00 and end their day after 22:00, so an extra hour of sunlight that nobody is using and an extra hour of darkness at peak time for electricity usage does make a difference.

Personally, changing the time twice a year doesn't bother me, the most important changes are automatically done by computers or other preprogrammed devices.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I remember several years back when I was in France, and the sun didn't come up until about 9am due to daylight saving. That was really weird to me, and in Spain it can be broad daylight at 3am.

This is what you get when you try to put an entire continent into a single time zone.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
This is what you get when you try to put an entire continent into a single time zone.

That's not the case, there's a two hours difference between the Eastern and Western countries.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There are three times in the day you need to be aware of as a human being. When the sun rises, when it is midday (that isn't noon, more like 1:30pm) and when it sets. Your body will tell you when it's time to sleep, eat, etc.

No one wants to be bothered to observe the world anymore.

Want to get up at sunrise on any given day? Well, your device will tell you when the sun rises and you set your alarm clock for sunrise. Maybe your device will do that for you too.

Somehow I normally wake up just before my alarm and I can guess the time within minutes on a normal basis (75% or more accuracy overall I'd say). I divide my day into quarters, morning, afternoon, evening and night based on the position of the sun at midday. Of course the practical work-a-day schedule is more like 3 shifts, day, afternoon and night.

Bottom line? Who cares how many hours are in a day and what "time" those hours happen. We need the clock to keep accurate appointments and schedules, it could be in metric hours and minutes (like a 10 hour day system) or some grand galactic time scale divided into units that are unrelated to our rotation (day and night) and revolution (seasons).

I'll add that I think that whatever time system is used, it shouldn't have to change or be adjusted as with daylight savings time. Time zones are necessary, let's leave it at that.

edit on 27-3-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My clock is wired to summertime, so happy to be back in it

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
If people weren't so weird on insisting that sunrise HAS to be around 6AM, the world should just adopt Universal Time.

If it's 1 o'clock in New York it's 1 o'clock in Sydney as well, just different lighting.

Afterwards, we can all get on the metric system.

Then for the piece de resistance, we lower the speed of light so that we can achieve it.

Damn I'm brilliant.

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloneFarm1000
If people weren't so weird on insisting that sunrise HAS to be around 6AM, the world should just adopt Universal Time.

If it's 1 o'clock in New York it's 1 o'clock in Sydney as well, just different lighting.

Afterwards, we can all get on the metric system.

Then for the piece de resistance, we lower the speed of light so that we can achieve it.

Damn I'm brilliant.

The metric system is good for science but useless for everyday life

posted on Mar, 27 2022 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen "time wave" Where is that quoted in your articles?

posted on Mar, 28 2022 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jarsue97
The metric system is good for science but useless for everyday life

It's good enough for most of the world to use it in their everyday life.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Lucky I was so out of my noggin I missed this event totally

On a brighter note my bedroom clock is now at the right time
. But come the fall it will be back to where it was before and I will need to think minus 1 again

posted on Mar, 30 2022 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Its dangerous, several Europeans felt a jet lag the next day, since they don't get out much.
Some were even offended!

But fear not
Feeling Jet-Lagged by Daylight Saving Time? Here's How to Deal

top topics

join