It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden feature - how to activate the ignore button

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Ever since the Ukraine/Russia shtf the signal to noise ratio on some threads has become abysmal. So here is a little reminder of a very useful hidden feature: the ignore button. So where do you find it? That's easy - it is located somewhere between your ears. Using it takes some willpower and self control.

ATS Ignore Button

stolen from here

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Agreed. I figured it is to be solved hardware side when you came up with it in the other post.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have often wondered do they get "paid by the number of words submitted or paid by the post volume?"

I like your answer as to the problem. Scroll along if you don't like it. No one is forcing you to be in any thread.

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Ever since the Ukraine/Russia shtf the signal to noise ratio on some threads has become abysmal. So here is a little reminder of a very useful hidden feature: the ignore button. So where do you find it? That's easy - it is located somewhere between your ears. Using it takes some willpower and self control.

ATS Ignore Button

stolen from here

edit on 9-3-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Oh if you really want to dig deep look up what Skippy would do.

🦘

ETA: And there did used to be a block/ignore function on here, years ago. On mobile, so pictures won't load, so not sure if that's what you're showing in them.
edit on 3/9/2022 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

pictures won't load, so not sure if that's what you're showing in them.

Pic of a mouse with arrow pointing at the wheel saying: scroll

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
I have often wondered do they get "paid by the number of words submitted or paid by the post volume?"

You honestly think people get paid to post on ATS in regularity? It's not like we have the traction or notoriety from the early 2000's, it's sadly a bit of a backwater now.

The only people getting paid to post are the meta-spammers trying to get you to click on a revenue-generating link.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You honestly think people get paid to post on ATS in regularity? It's not like we have the traction or notoriety from the early 2000's, it's sadly a bit of a backwater now.

The only people getting paid to post are the meta-spammers trying to get you to click on a revenue-generating link.

I agree.

This post was brought to you by Spleenex. (Click link) For when you have a messy spleen.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

TAKE MY MONEY! PLEASE!

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, But I don't think it never happens like you imply. There is a distinction between being on here everyday and making a living being a shill if that is your point. I do agree most are just here to learn or byatch.

Do you honestly think it never happens that shills get paid to post on sites?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Do you honestly think it never happens that shills get paid to post on sites?

I just gave you the ones I know are paid.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Ok. So, where can I apply to get paid? Name a company...link, phone#. I got a lot of time on my hands and could use the $$$. And, thanks a lot!

*T.I.Cheek
edit on 03223931America/ChicagoWed, 09 Mar 2022 10:51:39 -060051202200000039 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I wish I could have an ignore button to press when I hear my kids made mistakes I warned them about making, mistakes I made when I was young. They don't listen, not shoveling the snowbank at the road and piling through it can cause problems with your car if you get hung up...or you can get stuck half way in the drive and sticking out in the lane of the road.

Talking to them about focusing on their needs instead of their wants and avoiding micromanaging every minute of the day doesn't even register in their brains. They are setting the whole week and month up to do things, what is wrong with not making plans for social functions and sports and just going to the beach or decide to go camping a day before going. Why does every trip have to be planned weeks in advance, especially during covid when everything could change in a day.

Being spontanious is kind of fun, sure there are some things you have to preplan, but most times just living life at the spur of the moment is fun...you can't do that when you have every minute planned out for months ahead of time.

rant rant rant.
edit on 9-3-2022 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It took a bit of digging. Had to hop off mobile, made it much easier.

Back from Jan 11, 2004.

originally posted by: Kano
YOU THERE!

Do you find yourselves getting overwhelmed with anger at another poster?

Are you amazed at how amazingly stupid they are and continue to be?

Do you find yourself getting lured by the urge to flame them hard and get it through their thick skull how much of a moron they are?

Well, I have the solution to avoid any of these embarrassing flame-events. A way to stop yourself ever responding in anger ever again.

From the people who brought you Kanos 900,000Mph projectile avoiding exercise plan. Comes Kanos Instant board rage solution.

It works like this. Whenever you are angry at another member, and on the verge of making an embarrassing flaming response to one of their posts. Stare at the picture below.

While staring, ask yourself the question. What would Skippy do?

Continue to stare until the need to flame goes away.
Stare into his eyes.
Reach out to Skippy for guidance.
Ask him what he would do.
Feel for his response.

Hopefully this will be useful in helping members avoid continuing on with arguments that will lead nowhere.

Skippy knows best.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by SimonGray]

Had to update the image. Looks like it was on the old old file system and lost to time. I'm about 85% sure that was the one he used.

Make sure to click on it.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Catchy title that I just couldn't 'ignore'...LOL, good one!!

I miss the 90s.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ok. So, where can I apply to get paid? Name a company...link, phone#. I got a lot of time on my hands and could use the $$$. And, thanks a lot!

*T.I.Cheek

I know, me too.

So are you on board with saying you don't know there is one so there isn't any paid shills?

I am not on board with that. Logic dictates otherwise.

ETA

Hell as far as where to start. I would suggest Twitter, Facebook or even CNN.

edit on 10-3-2022 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ive been FEMA/DHSecurity, AD Life Support, EMT, Incident Commander since of 89 ish....AND....in school, I was an actor in 5 musicals.

But...I guess then....I must be a crisis responder....who also used to act....soooooo...there must be something to it???

If it all wasnt so ridiculous.....stay well. JOM

ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT
Region 2 South, Wayne County, MI
edit on 03224531America/ChicagoThu, 10 Mar 2022 18:38:45 -060038202200000045 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Ive been FEMA/DHSecurity, AD Life Support, EMT, Incident Commander since of 89 ish....AND....in school, I was an actor in 5 musicals.

But...I guess then....I must be a crisis responder....who also used to act....soooooo...there must be something to it???

If it all wasnt so ridiculous.....stay well. JOM

ADLS
FEMA/DHS/CERT
Region 2 South, Wayne County, MI

Kudo's and feel free to straighten us out. I am not offended to be wrong and have to admit it. I just want to find the truth or follow it where ever it leads.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Oh no friend. We're good! All the training....all these years...we've had.. and Ive been "actors/victims" for drills. Our kids, coworkers, neighbors, parents. All kinds of volunteers for disaster drills we must go thru. Fake injuries...the kids especially love ketchup-for blood.

All Im saying...is Ive never seen any of them or us...and we're pretty right on...anywhere as "crisis" actors. Not saying it isnt true...but I'd know, cause theyd come to me/us for those "actors".

Volunteer to be? Yep. I can get you that. Straight police, fire, emergency management.? I can get you in the direction.
But people to ACT and BE QUIET about it? I havent a clue.

edit on 03221731America/ChicagoFri, 11 Mar 2022 11:06:17 -060006202200000017 by mysterioustranger because: Mr. Auto correct guy

new topics

top topics

join