It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A breakdown of the situation in Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mcsnacks77

Sounds like we mostly agree then
I always had sympathy for Russia's claim on Crimea. Although it's not unreasonable to make it Ukrainian either. Things can change.

I'm not sure how Ukrainian nationalism could be quenched without even changing the regime though. And for Russia it will be hard to accept peace without demilitarization.

A guerilla war would be bad, but keep in mind that it can easily be ended by Russia if they withdraw.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I think you’re right. This looks orchestrated to me. Biden was egging on war for weeks before it started. I think they partly wanted this war so they will have an excuse for inflation and high gas prices.

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcsnacks77
a reply to: Cutepants
Maybe I was wrong I mean….
Just because Ukraine is full of neo-Nazis, and recent members of its government were neo-Nazis, and its military has neo-Nazi units (e.g., the notorious Azov Battalion), and it has a national holiday celebrating a Nazi, and government officials hang his portrait in their offices, and the military and neo-Nazi militias have been terrorizing and murdering ethnic Russians since the USA and the Forces of Goodness supported and stage-managed a “revolution” (i.e., a coup) back in 2014 with the assistance of a lot of neo-Nazis … that doesn’t mean Ukraine has a “Nazi problem.” After all, its current president is Jewish!

are these real Nazis? I mean are they card-carrying gas chamber Nazis? or just conservatives?

the US / West media loves to call anyone right of center Nazi. Trump was a Nazi. Rush Limbaugh was a Nazi. Both Bushes were Nazis...

posted on Mar, 10 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   

are these real Nazis? I mean are they card-carrying gas chamber Nazis? or just conservatives?

SOME of these guys are pretty hardcore outspoken anti-semites. As far as a true 'nazi' agenda, I don't think so, but it might be..just hold out idealists with an identity crisis to me. The US did pass a bill in 2018 saying funding of groups such as the 'Azlik Battalion' was illegal for the US, and they supposedly quit.
edit on 10-3-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: k

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

They have swastikas tattooed on their arms, backs and necks. Or maybe those are meant to represent the original swastika from ancient Sumerian culture and not the SS German Nazi that their grandparents were members of during WWII. I think people forget Ukraine is located right beside where it all began and were part of the occupation.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:28 PM
link   

It is well documented since 1993 that the US and EU lied to Russia constantly and made guarantees they knew were half-truths. And the Russians repeatedly said they were to be included in all EU, UN and US agreements concerning Russian border countries. These document were recently unclassified by Trump in 2018.
Russia repeatedly states they want peace and no EU unification of these countries, as it would be considered an act of Western aggression, and are repeatedly told that’s not what’s happening. Russia spent 30 years saying this and no one listened or they thought they finally had enough power and resources to do it and keep Russia from being able to stop it by sanctions and propaganda.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 01:51 AM
link   

So what? I haven't promised to include Russia in any agreements. Both sides have made promises and half-truths. That doesn't mean I owe Putin or Biden or anyone else anything. Remember, they're supposed to serve us. Putin isn't your master just because some westoid twenty years ago promised him that he'd be the emperor of Eastern Europe. So stop licking those boots on either side, dude.

This is a great argument for term limits too, btw.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Leaders haven’t served people in over a 100 years. I’m not licking anyones boots. I’m not saying he should have invaded but I understand why he did. There’s plenty of reasons to invade any country, just don’t do it.
I mean the US is setting up dangerous labs, giving Ukraine billions of dollars in weaponry to set up right next to your country, laundering billions of dollars thru a country where your citizens families suffer with hunger and are dealing with corruption and human trafficking. I’m not saying he should have invaded but I understand.
I’m not fighting in the war, not until I see tanks rolling down my Avenue or street, will I get involved. They can keep blowing each other up and I’ll continue to not support any of them by not paying taxes to a regime.

In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, there will be a blowing of trumpets. This will be a sign for your atonement, it shall be a holy convocation unto you; and you shall afflict upon evil, with fire, and this will be an offering unto the LORD.

edit on 01-12-2022 by mcsnacks77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Yeah I'm not trying to convince you to fight them

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The governments are doing that. It’s what they have been working on as long as I can remember.
Cass Sunstein, appointed by Obama to be the Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. Sunstein had written an article with a plan for the government to prevent the spread of anti-government “conspiracy theories” in which he promoted the use of anonymous government agents to use secret “cognitive infiltration” of these groups in order to break them up; to use media plants to disparage their arguments.

He was particularly referring to those who questioned the official 9/11 narrative but his point obviously extended much further. He was working in the tradition of the great propagandists. Sunstein has since worked for the World Health Organization (WHO) on COVID psychological responses and other COVID committees.

Sunstein’s wife is Samantha Power, Obama’s. Ambassador to the United Nations and war hawk extraordinaire. She gleefully promoted the U.S. destruction of Libya under the appellation of the “responsibility to protect,” a “humane” cover for imperialism. Now she is Biden’s Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), an arm of the CIA throughout the world.

Look at what has become of the world. Most Americans seem to approve of these things, or at least are unstirred to object. We have lost all sense of decency, of ordinary morality, of proportion. Can anyone listen to the din of the past couple of weeks without wondering if we have made of ourselves a nation of grotesques? If there is a God in heaven would it be so wrong to decide that we need to be destroyed as a lost cause?
It is common to observe that in war the enemy is always dehumanized. We are now face to face with another reality: Those who dehumanize others dehumanize themselves more profoundly.
The more numb we become the further we fall from grace.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   

It sounds like you have been demoralized. They have succeeded in demoralizing you.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Not demoralized. Just living in reality. I Can only save so many. Critical thinkers are a dying breed. Anyone born after the cell phone became mass marketed have developed a crux. Most can’t do basic math or use a map now because technology is being used as a substitute for learning these basic needs of survival.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:05 AM
link   
But we have so much fear and self-hate. They've driven you to a point where you don't see any way of fighting them other than just turning away from the world. And I know it's grotesque, Western society has been disintegrated. I American especially. It's like we don't even want to live any more, and we want to be defeated. Because we feel guilty for something that happened before we were even born.

originally posted by: mcsnacks77
Sunstein had written an article with a plan for the government to prevent the spread of anti-government “conspiracy theories” in which he promoted the use of anonymous government agents to use secret “cognitive infiltration” of these groups in order to break them up; to use media plants to disparage their arguments.

Sunstein and other guys like him, they're so weak compared to propagandists or state security guys in Russia or China. Do you know that? In other places people don't talk about conspiracies, they're scared. In America people get bored talking about the old ones and have to invent new conspiracies. That's the difference, that's why like America. That's not to say America isn't #ty too. Two parties is better than one I guess.

The more numb we become the further we fall from grace.

Are you getting number?

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   
CNN Headline every night for the past 11 days: "Russia steps up attacks on Ukraine Civilians and Cities."

If that were the case, we'd have tens of thousands of Ukraine citizens murdered, and widespread destruction.

Instead, the U.N. says less than 500 civilians have been killed thus far. Russia is obviously trying to avoid a large number of deaths, and obviously wants to keep Zelenskyy alive. (With today's tech and Zelenskyy not hiding, Putin could have zapped him many days ago.)

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Exactly, is everyone in here forgetting US tactics such as 'Shock and Awe'? How many civilians in Baghdad felt the consequences of rapid dominance tactics?

A war which was sold on the basis of weapons of mass destruction, and yet after tearing the country to pieces, did we ever find any?

edit on 13/3/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join