It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Babylon Bee sure knows how to make satire pack a poignant punch

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ive had the fortune to be able to work with people from all over the world. All I know is every single one of them from Turkey to China to Australia and Europe the UK Israel, India, Pakistan, China, Hong Kong, South Korea and all over the middle east, Mexico and South America too, all have the same basic wants and needs as all of us, commoners.

So yea I was going to put this in the humor section, but it's not funny it's poignant and it says much about all of us, and of course the CCP.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

And when it's Taiwan's time, no one will be "standing" with them either.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is just another example of how the Bee has been spot-on lately. No wonder the dumbasses at Snopes sometimes have to "fact-check" the Bee.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

And when it's Taiwan's time, no one will be "standing" with them either.

We will see, regardless to bring it back to literature however, Im thinking too many people are missing these longer pieces about all these socio-political issues and solely relie on message boards MSM and social media. Here's a decent article about this subject originally from the Telegraph that I found on Yahoo. All I ask is if you read this article imagine if this was your people, your tribe, your country

news.webindia123.com...

Here is one of our media company's American perspectives. Im far from an activist lean libertarian mostly, but damn has the west became this programmed by the CCP to asert something so absurd, demeaning and disrespectful.

www.nationalreview.com...

ESPN featured a sports pundit Friday who said it’s hypocritical for Americans to be preoccupied with China’s egregious human rights violations in the context of the Beijing Olympic Games given Republican “assaults on voting rights” and racial injustices in the United States.

During an appearance on Around The Horn on ESPN, J. A. Adande, a former writer for the network and the Director of Sports Journalism at Northwestern University, said the U.S. should examine its own behavior and treatment of its people before attacking China.

“Who are we to criticize China’s human rights record when we have ongoing attacks by the agents of the state against unarmed citizens and we’ve got assaults on the voting rights of our people of color in various states in this country,” he said. “So in sports, I think it’s possible and it’s necessary more than ever to shut everything out if you are to enjoy the actual games themselves.”

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

that sounds like a Bee article

"US Policy Criticized by a Director of Sports Journalism"

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

When is China going to buy out Amnesty International so they can "investigate"?

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

that sounds like a Bee article

"US Policy Criticized by a Director of Sports Journalism"

Yes on the surface but when you have the ESPN/ABC/Disney/Hearst Publications it's probably deeper and more CCP partial than ever. When the ESPN cameraman quickly pans away from a free Hong Kong shirt a kid is showing is all you need to know.

posted on Mar, 9 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

When is China going to buy out Amnesty International so they can "investigate"?

It would see all they need to do is control the American media narrative, when those that are beginning to understand the depth and numbers involved speak out, it doesn't have the weight of something pounded by the media day after day.

The constant media manipulation of care about ONLY what we show you. The irony is 10 years ago I would have laughed at myself for saying that, and completely dismissed it. Well, atleast Im evolving...

new topics

top topics

join