It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police break up Anti-War protest in Moscov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Russian news do not tell that people are on the streets of Moscow protesting Putin´s hunger for war. People are upset and ashamed for their country.
1800 people have been arrested.

Also Meduza independent news agency in Russia made a statement

The tragic experience of the twentieth century should have been enough to convince Putin that Moscow’s intrusion into its neighbors’ lives wouldn’t bring them closer to Russia, but drive them further away. That’s what happened after the Soviet annexation of the Baltic states in 1940, after the Soviet invasion of Hungary in 1956, and, of course, during the Prague Spring of 1968. Evidently, President Putin would rather lecture people about history than learn from it.

There are many statements which are worth reading
You can read whole article from MEDUZA

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Media will have you believe thats massive but the Ottawa convoy was a fringe minority

And shouldnt the media be happy he is arresting protesters they are cheering it in Canada

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: just4fun

Media will have you believe thats massive but the Ottawa convoy was a fringe minority

And shouldnt the media be happy he is arresting protesters they are cheering it in Canada

BINGO!!! What a HUGE bunch of HYPOCRITES!! How quickly things change in just a few days 🙄🙄🙄

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Just remember Canadian "Nazis" = BAD, Ukraine Nazis = GOOD
edit on 25-2-2022 by MisguidedAngel because: Trying to post a pic

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Did dictator Putin declare a State of Emergency over the protest yet, like Jussie Trudeau did?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I was about to say be prepared for the Putin acolytes to descend and say its all lies, false news, propaganda etc.....but I see its more or less started.

I've seen a few reports/interviews where some Russian's were being quite passionate in their opposition to this invasion.

Alas Putin, darling of the American Right and supporters of 'Freedom', stands for no dissent.

Bizarre bed fellows.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So you dont think they should be arrested?

What if they were honking horns?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: just4fun

Not at all.

Its their country....if they want to protest about something why shouldn't they?

Do you think protestors should be arrested?

Just a general observation: Where did the OP mention anything about Canada?
Just curious as a lot of people seem to be bringing Canada into the conversation and to be honest I don't really see the relevance?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Bizarre bed fellows.

One would think that would be the left and the Azov Battalion.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Not at all.

Its their country....if they want to protest about something why shouldn't they?

Do you think protestors should be arrested?

Just a general observation: Where did the OP mention anything about Canada?
Just curious as a lot of people seem to be bringing Canada into the conversation and to be honest I don't really see the relevance?

The relevance is a "free" western Country, Canada, just did the same thing as the "evil" Russians & shut down a protest and arrested people. You don't think that's relevant? That now the US media is looking down on something that just a few days ago they were praising?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don´t think so.. he most likely will not as it would shame his "crown", he is a dictator for sure and stupid one. Putin lives in his bubble just like Kim Jong-un, Putin do not follow any news from foreign news agencies he only watch news which are from Russia, he do not use smartphone either and seldomly internet. So bubble stays and he thinks he is a untouchable.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MisguidedAngel

This thread isn't about Canada.
Canada has neither invaded anywhere or been invaded.

This thread, as I understand it, is about Russian people protesting about Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
The OP even used Russian media as a source, nothing to do with US MSM.

As usual US members turning a thread about and trying to make it about THEM.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

What if they were honking horns?

Of course not.
Why would you think I would?
Whatever gave you that idea?

And more to the point....where is the relevance?

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The vast majority of the truckers trucked off without being arrested - it was only a small group that tussled with the riot police and found out. I imagine these Russian protesters will not be so lucky.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

The vast majority of the truckers trucked off without being arrested - it was only a small group that tussled with the riot police and found out. I imagine these Russian protesters will not be so lucky.

Imagine all you want but thats still just your imagination

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Putin president for life, when has president for life ever worked out well for human rights?

top topics

join