It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Uncle Jack" .. TT-2022 (Just 4 Fun)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Uncle Jack was the coolest if not the quirkiest person I ever knew. And if the family was invited to come over to visit, he knew exactly where to always find me. Just like a Moth drawn to the flame, there was only one place in the mansion for me.

This wasn't just some large two story room, it was his version of a five sided Museum filled with Ancient books, manuscripts and an airtight glass case that housed several Dead Sea Scrolls. The room is adorned with Bronze sculptures, Marble statues, exquisite vases from the Ming Dynasty and even an Egyptian Sarcophagus. One area was solely dedicated to a myriad of medieval armory, all perfectly situated between two enormous Woolly Mammoth Tusks. This room didn't just look like a place for objects from History...... it was History that felt like it was alive.

Even though I was named after him, we never saw him during the Holidays. No Christmas's, Thanksgivings, or birthdays, as he was far away on his own Timeframe. When he would show up, (and it was always 'out of the blue'), he'd hand out presents and they would always be exactly what we desired. He had this knack for 'knowing exactly' what you wanted, maybe this was his way making up for all those gatherings he had missed.

As then he'd get into telling one of these tales, you'd swear by the look in his eyes that he was re-living those experience's all over again. I always thought he had a photographic memory. He could point out the time of day, what the weather and temperature was, even how the people were dressed. He never missed out any details no matter how small and we would try and stump him with questions and he always had a quick answer. How he could make this stuff up was beyond me, in my mind, he was our families version of "Indiana Jones". And I would get sucked into every one of those tales he'd spin.

I'm sure Uncle Jack could tell that he always had me 'hook, line and sinker' each time.

His stories always made me smile and for a small moment in time, my mind wandered from my real life. I was exploring and imagineing my joining him on one these adventures. It was the complete opposite of what I was being groomed for.

Most of my growing youth was filled with theme's that my life had already been 'chosen' so be quick now, there is no time to waste. So hurry and grow up, get a job, get married, get a house, have kids, set up a college fund, pay off the mortgage, kick the kids out of the house, take out another mortgage, lose half your nest egg when the market takes a dive and we've not even gotten close to those revered "Golden Years" when we supposedly can start to enjoy life. I want none of it, I'd much rather have a life like my Uncle Jack's.

And now with the snap of the Cosmic fingers, my favorite Uncle has started a non-negotiable one way adventure into parts unknown.

An executor for his estate is trying his best to fulfill his duties with dispensing the great wealth among our relatives. Jack was one of those 'shortest distance between two points is a straight line' kind of guy. And like I just said, he could read a person better than any one. So of course, every relative got exactly what they wanted, no bickering so nothing but smiles visible as they left the room. Even in Death, Jack was still giving us presents and it still was having a positive effect on everyone.

For some reason, I was the last on the list and there were still two relatives for the executor to speak to, so here I am back in my favorite room. I remember when I was very young and found Uncle Jack admiring the museum while humming a old Rolling Stones song. He did this thing with the pocket watch where he would twirl the chain around his finger and then back off again onto another finger, it was almost hypnotic.

A man that I assume was an assistant to the executor approaches, "would you be the nephew of Mr. Jack Robinson, also named Jack?"

"Yes, I'm Jack." The assistant walks over opening the door to Uncle Jack's office, "if you would, please feel free to enter the room when ever your ready Sir."

I walked into the office and stared around and just like Jack's 5 sided museum, this room was also a marvel in engineering. The top 4 floors were designed with the clearest glass you've ever seen. It cast down below a spectrum of colors which covered a section of engraved 'Glyphs' and symbols. The room was filled to the brim with ancient small relics, dusty books, rolled up maps and the like.

Back behind my Uncle's big desk was the executor ruffling through legal documents and mumbling, "Ahh, here it is.... Come over here young Jack, there are some very specific instructions with regards to your inheritance, I am to make sure that I execute them to the letter, so please excuse me a moment more". He reaches into his briefcase and produces a DVD and hands it to Jack along with a legal piece of paper. "I need you to sign this legal document that I've personally hand delivered this DVD and that your accepting possession of it", the executor hands Jack a pen.

Jack leans down and sign's the document. "And I need you to now initial here and here", Jack complies by putting his initials wherever the executor pointed to. "Were almost done" the executor says. He produces a large ring of old keys and an baseball sized leather box which he hands to Jack and then has him initial a few other spots on the document.

The executor says "I wish you well in your life Master Jack" shakes Jack's hand then walks out the door and leaves. A large audible click was heard as the door automatically locked behind him, a large disc tray slid out below a projection screen and the screen says "Insert Disc". Jack slides the disc and hits play.

A voice from the past suddenly says: "Hi Ya Jack, how you holding up my boy?" Jack looked around because he was sure the voice sounded just like his Uncle Jack's. "Cat got your tongue? I know your confused but the easiest way to explain this is that once I knew I was dying, I preserved my consciousness into those large Crystals frozen in a Quantum Time loop to help you along as you have those adventures you've always dreamt of. But before we can get started I need to transfer the control on the Mansion to you, please open the box and read the inscription".

Opening the box reveals Jack's gold Pocket-watch, written in a filigree script are the words, "Time is on my Side!" Jack standing tall and with a loud voice proclaims; "Time is on my Side". A number of sounds, bleeps, humming and electrical static is crackling from the room, the room feels like it's spinning one way and the floor the other. Uncle Jack's voice says: "Control of the mansion has been transferred to you now young Jack. What would you like to do first, maybe a bit of Time Traveling to some exotic place?"

"Oh yes, please Uncle Jack, take me somewhere far from here".

The screen begins to display a number of areas on a virtual globe and a section where you can dial in a date and time as a destination waypoint. There were subsections that provided more information like favorite weapons, currency, goods and foods of the region you were looking at.

For a moment Jack remembered that Uncle Jack always gave us what we desired and it makes sense now, Jack leaned back in his chair, twirling the pocket-watch over his fingers, listening to Uncle Jack present the pros and cons of time travel. This was going to be the first of many an adventure that only time will tell how they end.

The End

edit on 2/25/2022 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My Uncle Jack.

posted on Feb, 25 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   
As always that was good Johnny.

posted on Feb, 26 2022 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Fab. That's got Hollywood written all over it!

posted on Mar, 2 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
That was an amazing and satisfying story, Johnny!

He did this thing with the pocket watch where he would twirl the chain around his finger and then back off again onto another finger, it was almost hypnotic.
These little ditties you interject into your stories really flesh out the characters and make our mind's eye 'see' who they are. Really well done.

You have left me wanting more, which is what all authors should do. I would love to read "Uncle Jack: The First Step".

You have a talent, Sir. I hope you write, write, and write some more.

posted on Mar, 12 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   
That was fantastic ! It defiantly needs a sequel or five.
edit on 12-3-2022 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join