It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada’s privacy watchdog probing health officials’ use of cellphone location data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Well, I can't say I'm surprised by any stretch.

Even if data is sanitized to remove means of identification, just having the ability to BUY it seems slightly suspect to me, on top of actually keeping it for that long as well.

There's talk of this being expanded for an additional 5 years...

Who's to say they won't slip up in the sanitization process somewhere along the line, or haven't already and it's being used?

Link to globalnews.ca

.:Edit:

No word if the data is sanitized before or after the purchasing party receives it?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
edit on 15-2-2022 by gspat because: Added more info.

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Remember this?

Israeli Spyware

posted on Feb, 15 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
a reply to: gspat

Remember this?

Israeli Spyware

Yes, yes I do...

That's what bugs me the most... There was nothing installed to track the people this time... It's just data given (for a price) to a government agency.

Let's be real here, I don't care to WHAT government, no data should be sold by the provider about it's users.

It shouldn't be hanging on to any data it no longer requires... Period.

It needs to know where you are, location wise to make your call go through, great...

It doesn't need to know where you were 15 minutes ago, 5 days ago, or a year ago. THAT data should be deleted with every new location refresh. And it shouldn't be sold to anyone, let alone a government agency.

If they want to have us be the product, at least have the decency to give us the phone and connection for free.

new topics

join