It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympic Biathlon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Okay, I do have at least one more Olympic post for tonight.

Finally, in a rare break from the gripping and spellbinding action of Olympic Curling, tonight's TV coverage of the Olympics includes coverage of the Women's 10km Pursuit Biathlon.

Talk about respect. WOW! What an incredibly grueling event! (Men's is just as bad if not worse). In another exceedingly rare moment, I will actually give the MSM some decent marks for their coverage of this event in China too! This years coverage shows a really good perspective of the hills these X-country skiers have to climb during this event (better than I've seen previously). These gals are climbing incredible grades at 1 minute mile paces and then getting to the top and having to shoot at a (5) targets roughly 4" in diameter 150 feet away while completely winded and gasping for air. A miss sends them into a 150m penalty loop which puts them well behind.

The finish lines of these races look like complete carnage with bodies laying all over the ground in complete exhaustion!

What a torturous sport! These are some true athletes! Simply amazing!

Note - See? Not all complaints.

edit on 2/13/2022 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Now imagine doing it in the intended climate and temps with that nasty cold and dry air curling (see what I did there) through your lungs. That's some next level endurance sh1t right there.

join