It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trigger event being China - Taiwan later this decade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 10:46 AM
link   
[snipped]

I'm still on the trigger event being China - Taiwan later this decade as I expounded in a few earlier threads.

China wants capability to take Taiwan by 2027

I would say more people in USA are focused on the Middle East / Europe and North Korea (Legacy of Korean War), rather then China-Taiwan. What do you think? What % of Americans / Europeans could even locate Taiwan on a map?

Latest article I just came across from a few months ago.

Major Construction Underway At Three Of China's Airbases Closest To Taiwan

Upgrades for Chinese military airbases facing Taiwan hint at war plans

Been doing more research...understand much better China's answer to the F-35 Lightning....the FC-31 should be ready mid-decade to go along with new carriers 003 (launching soon any time in 1H 2022, then sea trials. 1st china carrier with catapault launch - emals) and 1st nuclear powered carrier - 004, and maybe a 005, or even a 006?

Also improvements in submarines. New Type 096 to go along with JL-3 missiles.

How China could ‘wipe out 12million’ with nuclear submarines capable of striking US cities amid WW3 Taiwan tensions

Update: Looks like JL-3 missile range varies between 9,000 km (Too short to hit USA mainland from China coast, to 12,000 km (7,500 miles) - good enough for Western half of USA). We'll see...of course the JL-3 will be able to sail into the Pacific once the 096 come online.
edit on 13-2-2022 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Feb 13 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed OT material and edited title

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   
WW3 is supposed to be some kind of end times omen. Basically it means the tribulations are nearing a climactic peak that will summon the forces of almighty salvation or whatever. So naturally society gets excited.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

China still has the Type 094 and its JL-2 SLBMs. While they're smaller missiles and only have one warhead each, if they were properly placed within the Pacific they could reach anywhere in the contiguous US. Fortunately, they're supposed to be noisier than some Russian boats from the 70s even.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
the Y2K times had this type of WW3 copy to work with:

www.reddit.com...
edit on th28164477458013492022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

title; The Three World Wars predicted by Albert Pike, a 33rd degree freemason.

edit on th28164477464713502022 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The proxy side of WWIII has primed the pump... Though I'm still skeptical we would see direct blows between super powers.

We've seen Ukraine (still ongoing), Turkey, Syria, Yemen, and a few other less notable proxy battles that many of the big players have directly or indirectly engaged with.

There's also been cyber and economic warfare between key countries.

We've at the very least been in a cold WWIII for some time.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Trigger event?

Maybe the moon. High ground and all. Maybe those deposits of whatever it is that are supposed to be so valuable, I forget what it is.

Anyway, some say it is inevitable, what with all the fighting amongst ourselves our species has demonstrated constantly over thousands and thousands of years. Or maybe enough of us will learn from it all and shift into a less destructive means of conflict resolution. I admit though that the prospects on that one are growing dimmer and dimmer.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Looking the wrong direction maybe?

For nuclear confrontation, I would look somewhere else. Namingly Israel/Iran.

My dad found some information that details the procedures to mark areas where the dead are, but not enter due to serious hazard. I believe that areas were marked after a war ( in the future), and only certain people with some type of protection ( Hazmat suit) would enter the area to bury the dead.

Israel may over respond to an Iranian strike, because the entire world seems to square off with Israel at that time. Thats when a new world leader arrives on the scene to make peace. Unfortunately, He is the AntiChrist

The biggest bomb at the moment. that is being ready to go off, is the collapse of the US Dollar, with all other currencies following suit. That one is going to hit everybody, world wide.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

For nuclear confrontation, I would look somewhere else. Namingly Israel/Iran.

Also India/Pakistan or India/China

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The fascination of death have been around science the beginning of humans.
WW3 would bring all that to the table real quick, perhaps to close to home.. so people get scared also.
scared but fascinated, like a train wreck but you cannot look away.

I already planned what to do when the first nuke goes off. Because I think things will move real fast after that, and even the experts do not believe in a small localized nuclear attack. Gonna escalate fast.

I am still 90% in belief that there will be a diplomatic solution, but 10% is still hell a lot when we are talking WW3

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Most predictions are wrong more than correct.

Most predictors are wrong more than correct.

Two constants that span the years.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
WW3 is supposed to be some kind of end times omen. Basically it means the tribulations are nearing a climactic peak that will summon the forces of almighty salvation or whatever. So naturally society gets excited.

Yes...revenge of the Mayan Calendar? Among others...

energyshifts.net...

Nice graphic on that website.

I think in the end prophecies from various parts of the world will "rise to the challenge"

Revenge of 2012?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

China still has the Type 094 and its JL-2 SLBMs. While they're smaller missiles and only have one warhead each, if they were properly placed within the Pacific they could reach anywhere in the contiguous US. Fortunately, they're supposed to be noisier than some Russian boats from the 70s even.

Yes..of course!

That's what I've learned as well. But not enough of a "deterrent" in my view. Single warheads more easily shot down by defensive systems. There are MIRV versions supposedly though. I read somewhere the Type 94 is not as reliable they like...so of the 6 that are in service officially...several of them are unavailable for one reason or another at any particular time. Don't know where I read that.

A weak part of the nuclear triad for China regardless...but that should be fixed mid-decade. Perhaps the H-20 bomber will come online mid-decade as well. Not sure how capable that will be in regards to striking/deterring USA. If China gets that base in Equatorial Guinea though...

nice details in this Forbes article.

www.forbes.com...

According to an article from SINA New Agency (translated here), the JL-3’s improved range is achieved in part by using lighter-weight solid-fuel rocket boosters made of domestic high-grade carbon fiber. The missile, claimed to be similar to France’s M51 submarine-launched missiles deployed on Triomphant-class submarines, is expected to be larger in diameter and capable of carrying up to ten MIRVs.

Another article claims the JL-3 may be capable of an evasive trajectory and feature a reduced radar cross-section, “penetration aids” intended to make the missiles more likely to evade the U.S.’s strategic missile defense system.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The Type 094 and its JL-2 missiles are more of a threat than the Type 096 and the JL-3 simply because they are currently in operation. The others are still in development and not a true threat until they are.

Also, the H-20 is in the same boat. It is still under development and most likely is not in any operational capacity. Following that, its expected range is only supposed to be about the range of China to Hawaii, so any base in Equatorial Guinea would not pose too much of a threat to the US mainland either.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

The Type 094 and its JL-2 missiles are more of a threat than the Type 096 and the JL-3 simply because they are currently in operation. The others are still in development and not a true threat until they are.

Also, the H-20 is in the same boat. It is still under development and most likely is not in any operational capacity. Following that, its expected range is only supposed to be about the range of China to Hawaii, so any base in Equatorial Guinea would not pose too much of a threat to the US mainland either.

true...ur first part.

Who knows about the H-20, ...but a Guinea base is much closer to US mainland. You do know the Atlantic is much smaller than the Pacific?

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It's expected to have a range of about 5200 miles (8500 km).

Here's some geography for you.

NYC

DC

Miami

So what were you saying?

EDIT TO ADD:

And China currently only has probe-and-drogue refueling capabilities with their Y-20s and IL-78s. Any probe would be terribly unstealthy for an aircraft such as the H-20. Just figured that might be worth mentioning as well.

edit on 2/14/2022 by cmdrkeenkid because: Adding link for range source.

edit on 2/14/2022 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Feb, 14 2022 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

U got me!

My bad...thanks for keeping me on my toes, so to speak.

I was measuring from GUINEA. Not Equatorial Guinea! I thought the range was greater from what I read too of the H-20.

Well..ok, H-20 is irrelevant to the Continental USA. Guess the Eq Guinea would be relevant to submarines though.

Ok..only islands of Guam and other places up to 2nd island chain or what not.

And whatever else is in Asia.

join