It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race Based Medical Treatment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: noscopebacon

Then why give someone extra points gor their racial background? I hate to tell you this but it very much is rooted in the idea of equity and race. If I were not phone posting I would look it up, the reason rests on being part of historically disadvantaged groups.

This liberal reasoning for race based health care:

White people always have the best health care, regardless of income or class.

Black people always have the worst health care, regardless of income or class.

White people have always oppressed black people and that is why black people get worse health care.

So now white people deserve to know what it is like to be oppressed.

Things will never be just, equal or fair until white people experience oppression.

Therefore, white people should now get the worst health care while black people get the best health care.

That is justice and equality and will end racism forever.

So the Biden administration has decreed that the distribution of a lifesaving drug, that the government bought up the entire supply, be given out based first and foremost on the color of the skin of the people who are ill, not on how ill they are, but the color of their skin.

edit on 1/31/22 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   
no jabs!

survival of the fittest!

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

what about the rest of my post ill copy and paste it for you to read again.

when i worked in a hospital when i got home, SOOOOOO many elderly black people with their tows, legs, fingers arms etc were rotting off and i would ask them about their dite and they would say what they think i wanted to hear but they were like 600lbs in a mobility scooter doing no exercise and having their visitors sneak them junk food.

so imagine that person coming in and than a otherwise healthy teenager on the football team in the prime of his life and just happened to get COVID

who would you give the limited stock of medication to if you could only pick one or the other?

the otherwise healthy teen

or the morbidly obese, diabetic, hypertensive, older person who smokes?

remember you can only choose one.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

thats not true at all

i lived in a big US city and worked in a big metro hospital and i would say most of the black people had AT LEAST MEDICAID if not MEDICARE and then there would be white people working 2 jobs with no insurance and they didn't qualify for Medicaid because they 'made to much money'.

the fact of life is that some people just have better luck or even via a bad life circumstance they get healthcare for free.

where as the responsible working person in the next bed cant afford private insurance and cant get government assistance because they are above some arbitrary pay amount.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   
and as an honest open question

do you think US doctors are all cloak and dagger trying to withhold care from black people?

i challenge you to go to your local ER and count the white people, and all the other non whites.

who do you think will be receiving more care? the whites or the others?

when your there ask a doctor for 2 mins of their time and ask them your questions and accusations and youll get laughed out of the building

its ridiculous on its face.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: noscopebacon
a reply to: The2Billies

thats not true at all

i lived in a big US city and worked in a big metro hospital and i would say most of the black people had AT LEAST MEDICAID if not MEDICARE and then there would be white people working 2 jobs with no insurance and they didn't qualify for Medicaid because they 'made to much money'.

the fact of life is that some people just have better luck or even via a bad life circumstance they get healthcare for free.

where as the responsible working person in the next bed cant afford private insurance and cant get government assistance because they are above some arbitrary pay amount.

I guess it wasn't clear that what I wrote is what Liberal progressives and Democrats think, and it is their reasoning behind race based life saving medicine rationing, not mine.

You are correct.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

what about the rest of my post ill copy and paste it for you to read again.

when i worked in a hospital when i got home, SOOOOOO many elderly black people with their tows, legs, fingers arms etc were rotting off and i would ask them about their dite and they would say what they think i wanted to hear but they were like 600lbs in a mobility scooter doing no exercise and having their visitors sneak them junk food.

so imagine that person coming in and than a otherwise healthy teenager on the football team in the prime of his life and just happened to get COVID

who would you give the limited stock of medication to if you could only pick one or the other?

the otherwise healthy teen

or the morbidly obese, diabetic, hypertensive, older person who smokes?

remember you can only choose one.

Great generalization of black people you made there. As someone who lives in Philadelphia, I can tell you are a real piece of human trash.

That is easily the stupidest and most racist argument I have ever heard.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

i cant change the truth.

look up the stats yourself if you don't believe someone who was on the front line of medical care.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

again if you had 2 WHITE people come in to the ICU with

P1. Has advanced diabetes and doesnt regulate his insulin so he has lost body parts from lack of blood flow. Heart problems, extremally overweight and has COPD and not vaccinated

P2. 17 year old white male comes to the icu with extreme covid symptoms, no prior health history, and is otherwise in good health and vaccinated.

you only have one course of medications, who would you give it to?

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   

if you read my posts

doctors don't give two craps about your skin color.

it is about who they can help and who they cant.

same thing happens with organ donations.

just because you don't like the truth doesn't mean its not true

edit on 1-2-2022 by noscopebacon because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

if you read my posts

doctors don't give two craps about your skin color.

it is about who they can help and who they cant.

same thing happens with organ donations.

just because you don't like the truth doesn't mean its not true

Doctors arent the ones making the decisions. You need to wake up. You are making a faith based argument.

Doctors have not been the primary decision makers in hospitals in decades. You have no idea what you are talking about. Ignorant people like yourself are why they get away with bad policies. You argue for them, and you have no clue what you are talking about. You are following a religion. Thats why I wont even try to reason with you. Have fun

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

i worked as a paramedic in the USAF an ALS ambulance crew, later a anesthesiology nurse.

i have a very good idea of how hospitals work

its not a religion its just cold hard truth.

if you are not going to live very long and a kid comes in and you only have enough medicine for one of them you give it to the kid.

what are you talking about religions?

has nothing to do with it, it being pragmatic

edit on 1-2-2022 by noscopebacon because: spelling

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You don't get it. The point system makes being an ethnic minority a risk factor akin to diabetes, so this means being black is more like your P1. But, in this case the scoring system determines who gets the drugs. It's not triage in the sense you think, so unless you can dig up actual research showing real biology that ethnic minorities are more at risk because of actual hard encoded genetic, biological reasons, not sociology, this is mere social justice clap trap.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

if someone who doesnt take care of them self like say a lung cancer patient keeps smoking they don't get a transplant

if you don't take care of yourself and get diabetes and are over weight and don't take care of yourself and are a frequent flyer at the hospital for medical issues that are 100% in your control and you refused to lessen your chances of getting sick and only have a fewer years left the kid is going to get the meds every time.

do you think that a sickly old man with condition on top of condition and has a few years left should get the ONLY medicine you have and let the kid die?

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

if yall don't think what I'm saying is true show what i wrote to your own doctor and get their opinions on it

some of you guys need a reality check

or are just selfish

top topics

<< 1   >>

join