It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobra Kai - a confession...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It seems I was a bit early in my earlier - no pun intended - comment in reply to someone bringing up this show.. Where I said the newest season was a bit iffy to me. It takes a bit of engagement to encompass it's gravitas...

It's a strange show, indeed. But if you chip away at the obvious insanity of it, well.. I've been binge watching it now, on this hot hot hot 40 degree Celsius incessant day and am finding myself cheering internally at the folly of it all.

The smart, yet endearing flashbacks, the quirky recompose of characters once left in the aisle, as you stepped over popcorn and jaffa's strewn down the path as you left at the last credit's roll.. Is just great..
I miss the cinema.. ah well..

Don't be me and put off your turst of old memories, and embrace these delights, fleeting in this paltry reality we are now embellished with.. coof, still not met a single dead person yet. I carry no shovel.

It's not fair that I can smell the heat, it's staunch terror encasing my nostrils... but it is at least a respite, than I can watch a show that remedies certain uncertainties... certainly...

back I go, for more... sorry about the interruption.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Yes indeed, get back to the programming.

Excellent!

P

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   

LOVE the show! Great fight scenes, William Zabka is hot! I'd cancel but need the dojo of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Yes indeed, get back to the programming.

Excellent!

P

10 PRINT "Fear does not exist in this dojo!"
20 GOTO 10

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelleEpoque

LOVE the show! Great fight scenes, William Zabka is hot! I'd cancel but need the dojo of it.

Haha, I'm a straight white guy, and even I get William Zabka's exuberant hotness..

I did say I'm straight though... o.O hehe

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Hello, my name is Myke and I am a Kaiholic, it has been 3 weeks since Netflix has released a season....

I found the corniness to be nostalgic.

Took me awhile to warm up to it but once I got hooked I had to keep watching.

Lol at the advanced MMA training......brush up....brush down...

I hope the season's keep coming, it's a fun show that brings us back.

edit on 1/23/2022 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Kobra Kai has been a great show (though could never happen in today's police / SJW environment).

My only complaints so far is they made Johnny Lawrence too damn stupid doing outrageously dangerous training with the kids and his new dogo name and uniforms are out of character as he would have had something more bad ass.

I really enjoyed the twists this season. I assume Terry Silver is going to take over and bring back Mike Barnes for season 5.

screenrant.com...

I really want to see Johnny Lawrence take down Mike Barnes.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   
some perv is hitting on the track team..

hashbrown dead meat

reply to: jerich0

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Got my Eagle Fang dojo shirt a couple weeks ago

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

QUIET!!!

The only two pronouns in this Dojo are Sensei and Student!

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Kobra Kai has been a great show (though could never happen in today's police / SJW environment). 

Most of the stuff that happens in this show would have half of the cast in Jail every other week.

It's just for fun.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We watched a few seasons of that but it kind of got tiring. I was under the impression from being in Judo that we were supposed to keep total self control...there seems to be too many kids going off tilt in that show compared to what I was taught.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If the kids followed the true teachings they wouldn't have much of a show would they?

STRIKE FIRST-NO MERCY

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 10:07 PM
link   

My lad loves it, we watch a few episodes on a Saturday night with some munchies.

Good fun, as long as you don't take it seriously. Johnny Lawrence cracks me up.

“Light beer. Veggie burgers. Automatic transmission. Might as well let another dude bang your chick”

edit on 23/1/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Still needing the dojo of it.

Haven't watched the last episode of season 5 yet. Season 6 is still up in the air. No problem, have to go back and see how Miguel and Johnny first met.

top topics

join