It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God was an Astronaut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Im wondering if anyone out there has read the book ' god is an astronaut '

Its a really good read, and places some large question marks over religion as a whole.

The only piece of the book i can remember ' and im dying to find a copy of it again ' is as follows

'' A Chariot of fire decended from the heavens and landed behind a large mountain, rays of light erupted from behind the mountain '' Moses spoke from the top of the mountain and screamed out ten commandments which man should live by ''

I know this isnt word for word, its all from memory, but this is how the book describes how the ten commandments is desrcibed as.

Now, a Chariot of fire decending from the heavens, sounds to me like a craft, a UFO if you would coming from the clouds.

Landing behind a mountain and a BEING instructing them which rules they shall live by in order to live.
This sounds more likely to me, than a chariot of fire , than something man in the day of stone and wood could create.

I believe religion is the biggest scam of mankind.
What has changed from the day christ died, to today. APART from industrial/scientific and technological changes.. NOTHING.

It was written jesus walked on water, healed people and did all this.
But be honest he was just a man, a plain normal human being who had a warped mind and beleived in things others didnt.
the bible is SIMPLY peoples versions of the events that took place..
Can we all say ' chinese whispers ' ??

Something else I would like to note, there was a newspaper report about the Da vinci code. Being very popular and top selling book.

The catholic church came out and said this book is a sham, absurd and the worst thing ever written. Dont believe these lies written within this book. Its all fake, rah rah rah.

BUT

believe in jesus, believe OUR written books..
we are right he's wrong.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There's a lot of threads here on this subject...try the search function and you'll find a lot to read that interests you!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I agree, many think that god was an alien. Personally, i dont think there was a god, period. Aliens helped us start out, and may have told us how to live, but i dont think he created life or anything. Also, about him telling us how to live-maybe the alien meant live like this and nothing on your planet will go wrong. We all know that, and i quote, "THOU SHALT NOT KILL." People have already killed many times before, and i think this is the source of all evil; you kill you like it you become Saddam Hussein or Adolf Hitler. Which leads to war, just imagine how advanced and far wed be without war, which is actually a completely different topic altogether (some say further ahead cuz we have more money, some say behind because of less researching). I agree to ahead. There’s tons of stuff i could post here agreeing with you but its late and im tired, ill try to post more tomorrow.

Goodnight,
Schmidt1989

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
To say that we can just admit it Jesus was just a plain man is ridiculous. It gets even more ridiculous when you claim that Jesus was warped, when all he did was preach peace and love. Even if Aliens did create us, or create religion within us, it still doesn't explain how they were created. The chances of there not being a God and the universe being life sustaining are about the same as a tornado passing through a junk yard and creating a battleship. I think you actually need to verse yourself in the bible, see what Isaiah said about he coming messiah, and what the others said about him, and notice how Jesus was betrayed for the exact amount of money as stated. Then go and find out what the chances are a single individual would complete as many as 8 of those prophecies, i think you will open your mind to a whole new ideology.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
You guys should really check out the Raelian religion up in Montréal. I've gotten the chance to hang out with a few of them and this is all right up their alley. They're quality people and if you like technology, sexual liberation, little grey men, genetics and French race car drivers you should give them a call.

I've told them, their's isn't what I believe in religion, but it's what I wish I believed.

Edit: Here's the website, enjoy all: www.rael.org
~Astral

[edit on 3/30/2005 by The Astral City]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
God is an astronaut. He created the heavens and the earth and they are continually being created as we speak. However, man has just about destroyed his domain in the name of greed.

The big question remains-"Would you recognize God if he sat next to you on a bus?"

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   

'' A Chariot of fire decended from the heavens and landed behind a large mountain, rays of light erupted from behind the mountain '' Moses spoke from the top of the mountain and screamed out ten commandments which man should live by ''

That is not what hapened. Moses was climbing the mountain when he saw a bush on fire that did not burn. God then carved out the ten commandments into the mountian and carved them out and handed them to Moses. Whem Moses first came down he had seen that the people had reverted to statue and idol worshiping and sex. Moses was angry and through the ten commandments at a golden cow they had made and destroyed it. He then went back to the burning bush and asked God to make him another one. He did and then he returned to the people and read allowed the ten commandments.

The charriot of fire was Elija.

Now, a Chariot of fire decending from the heavens, sounds to me like a craft, a UFO if you would coming from the clouds.

Or it could be an actual chariot of fire
Like aliens would give a crap about us. They probably have their own problems.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
But by what means would they of used to craete a chariot of fire.
IF they had the means to build craft that could fly while on fire, why the hell would they sit around making stone/wood artifcats, living in mud houses and so forth.

actually think about what it would of been like that back.

Go live in the desert for a week.. with nothing at all but your surrounds..

mud, water, sand, tree's...
thats how it would of been back then.

forget all this holy religious crap...
they were just ordinary people, using the surrounds to live..
they didnt know what ' flight ' was, chariots and all this.
THERE HAD TO OF BEEN some outside influence.

wether you believe in aliens or not, I would say its much more FAR FETCHED believnig a man walked on water, healed people, created FLYING burning chariots

THAN an outside lifeforce from this infinite universe coming to our planet.

There is TOO much of an evolutionary jump between APES and HUMANS..
WE didnt come from APES, the aposabal thumb and ability to reason far outweighs evolutionary develoupment.

and plus, what is ther BETWEEN apes and humans.. Things SLOWLY evolve.. TAKES thousands of years,
so where are the 'half humans, half apes' that would of been the middle of evolution...
There arent any.

ADAM And EVE were Created, from a force above we call GOD .... why cant GOD be beings from space... why do people always LOOK up for HEAVEN and GOD and so forth...

we know there's nothign out there but INFINITE universe..
our idea of GOD certainly isnt in our atmosphere, he must of come from somewhere else!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlobalDisorder
But by what means would they of used to craete a chariot of fire.

Oh for Pete's sake ancients could only address something within the confines their mind could comprehend....they didn't mean real chariot flying on fire
....they were probably referring to some type of exhaust from an engine
Sheeeeesh

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm not a particularly religious person. I rarely attend church. However I am a Christian and I do pray daily.

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions. Many have given their lives for our rights to do so.

I just ask that when giving your opinion, do your best not to offend those who disagree with you. The fact that you would call Christianity a "scam" and so on is just plain disrespectful to the millions who deeply believe otherwise.

If you have evidence to support your claims then please present it. I have no problem with that and I'm a very open-minded person. I just feel that whether or not there is a God, we could all do a lot more to make this planet a better place. We could start with respecting each other and not using such harsh words to describe a belief shared by a great majority of our nation. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong, Im not intending to OFFEND anyone..
like you said opinion is opinion.
It is my opinion that being educated, brainwashed and fed this stuff about a single bloke, being born, able to walk on water and heal people is far MORE far fetched than a type of lifeform placing us on this planet.

If we found a planet that had enough sustainability for life, the right atmosphere, the right chemicals, wouldnt we then place a living lifeform on the planet to see how it survives, evolves?

occasionally come back to check on our experiment?
people being abducted and so forth would back this up.

Chrsitianity was simply born in mud huts back in the days of jesus, a few men sitting around talking of rumours, this man was as open minded as some are today, he thought there was more to life than living and dying, he thought there was more at work than just human will.. "we're all GODS people" he says..

My interpretation is that he died on the cross simply because the ruling kingdom didnt like him spreading word that something ELSE was in power, other than them.

"there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven"

.... he was seen haeding to the heavens in a chariot of fire.

The Star of Bethlehem that the wise men followed to find Jesus definitely exhibited UFO properties. Matthew 2:9 states “When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them till it came and stood over where the young child was.” This “star” moved and then stopped, apparently able to mark a geographical position accurately enough for the wise men to find Jesus. This is an important point. If the “star” was an astronomical event, the only locations it could have pinpointed would be along a line to the horizon, in which case the wise men would have had to stumble across Jesus during their journey.

Even Paul, who was a major force in the creation of christianity had an encounter which TURNED him to christianity

Paul was a Jewish theologian that had been persecuting Christians. A light “brighter than the sun” hovered over Paul and his men, blinding Paul. A disembodied voice claiming to be Jesus chastised Paul for his persecution of Christians. Paul was “converted,”

I apologise for the comment christianity is a scam..
I should of said.

Christianity is the result of some creative minds. and a fellow who believed there was more to life than yourself.

If jesus had the ability to heal, why cant god have the power to stop pain and suffering in our world.

Why let religion cause so many conflicts when he's the reasoning behind the most beleived?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
"If jesus had the ability to heal, why cant god have the power to stop pain and suffering in our world."

Its not Gods fault we on earth suffer pain and problems. God did not create us to go through what we go through, humans sinned and now we are paying for our sins. We brought sin into the world and now we must deal with its consequesces. Like Pandora's Box. Its obivious by your ignorance that you are not very well versed on the subject which you are talking about. Maybe you should read up, think about how the Bible makes perfect sense and how for thousands of years people have tried to prove that Jesus was nothing more than a man and failed and then come back. I mean aliens, seriously, it makes more sense to say taht its a fairly tale, propaganda to get people to live moral, decent lives. I mean the ten commandments are just a good set of laws to live our lives by even if you arent a Christian. I mean have you ever thought about the effects that religion has on most people. It turns them into respectable people, it gives them a higher order and someone else to be accountable to.

You have a good theory, but when you think about it, does it make total sense. Why wouldnt the aliens have came back? And how many abductions have been proven true? I do believe that there is intelligent life in this universe, we obiviously arent intelligent, but i do believe in aliens, why would God stop with us, but i think your theory is a little bit of a stretch. I mean i can manipulate things you say to make you an alien yourself. You can play the word game all you want, but it doesnt change the truth.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Still no response.......

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
To begin with, every person within themselves has the perfect blueprint of themselves. Pain is merely a warning system of telling you that something is wrong and for you to stop doing it.

If God does not live amongst us, and lives in the universe, then technically he qualifys as an alien. To clarify this, if a life form on say Mars was found alive and it was of human origin, would it be an alien? Probably so. But the term alien is derogatory for the most part and I feel that all men should accepting of all life forms, Alien or other unless of course predatory.

God on the otherhand, is someone that most people would not recognize even if you saw him. Or Jesus for that matter. Most people would not believe the conversation of a friend of theirs coming up to them and telling them that Jesus or God was in their living room. So how is it as mankind are we supposed to know exactly who this is?

Mans arrogance in the current system causes him to continue on with everyday business, God, Jesus or not. Money rules. God would have a hell of a time bringing a man down into the world without a boatload of money to be honest. No place to stay, couldnt even go to his own church for crying out loud. Its about time that society sees the hypocrisy.

Gods deleivery of his son under the name of jesus would not be beleived by most unless it fell out of the sky in a flaming chariot. Most people wouldnt know God if they saw him, and would probably want to see a dog and pony show or two of miracles before they believed he was God. And thats only if Harborbiew Psychiatric in Seattle doesnt get ahold of him first. If you start talking about God to the medical communicty, their arrogance will make sure that Gods in a rubber room.

So sit and think on the topic For most of us, God would be an alien for we really would not know him by his looks. What would we do to God if he started telling us all kinds of stuff that we wouldnt know or understand, and would we just push him off as a nut case.
Personally, nut case. The world has a long way to go in terms of trusting itself before its ready to accept God. Im sure that there would be many who would blame God for all of the iiijustices in the world, and its for these reasons that I listed that Gods Reitroduction into the world is going to be discreet, and without warning as it already is.

Peace

top topics

join