It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lying Flat - A Trend. A Movement. Lost Hope.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexandrae
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I agree with what you have written...I was raised by a family where I got to be who I am...they just watched over me...they did not dictate my personality etc. I was fortunate.; and I got to sit down and ask questions a lot of questions and have major discussions; and I felt protected and safe.

So yeah...sometimes it seems like the younger people (not all) are being groomed to be mind control robots.

My mother was a nurse. My father was ex military and a big rig driver.

I was one of those children that never stopped asking questions. My mother was patient with me to a point, then she purchased us three different versions of encyclopedias, and a huge dictionary. The library was my favorite hang out, and I read the encyclopedia and the dictionary like most folk read Louis L'Amour.

My father's big push was education. He thought he was trapped were he was because he did not have an education, so worked hard to make sure his children were able to obtain a college degree.

My parents did not believe in spankings. They did use punishment, but it was usually of the physical variety. It got unwanted stuff done around the homestead, took up a lot of play time, and made you think long and hard before doing the offense again.

We were allowed to question them on anything that we did not understand or that angered or frustrated us, we just had better made sure our tone, and presentation, was respectful and sincere.

When we were young, we had no clue that we were poor as church mice. When we got older and traveled outside of our little warren, it became very clear.

I quickly forgot about the fun, joy, comfort, and love I felt, when I first ventured into the city, the bright lights, the people, the excitement. After about five years I realized my mistake. For me, the only thing that should live in a high rise like structure, are ants.

Having someone over me, under me, and on both sides of me, barely separated by a floor or a wall, was most unnatural to me. I yearned to be back in the country and in the woods, with neighbors a respectful distance from me. It was my primary goal after getting out of the military, and I worked myself back to the place I was once so eager to leave.

Many of our young folk have not had the experience of having to work for anything. Too many think all they have to say is "I want", and it will be presented to them. If not, a few choice word, a temper tantrum or two, and voilà!

I watch some of the young folk in my community and my own family. I find them very clever. They are learning to play the game. Hard work is not in the script. Most think they just have to hold out until Mom and Dad, are no more. Then they will inherit it all. If I hear one more time, "I didn't ask to be born!" "You had me, you should take care of me!" I think I will find a way to sneak onto the next Space X launch, and hitchhike my way through the galaxy.

I should be okay. I have a copy of the guide.

posted on Jan, 1 2022 @ 03:17 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 1/1/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join