It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site Broken and Memorial Band on Logo is Misplaced

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: and14263

No problems using the site from Portugal.

If you have a problem doesn't mean everyone has a problem, I have seen other members from the UK posting today without any complaint about problems with the site.

I doubt ATS "cannot cope with UK traffic", as I don't think ATS has any way of differentiating the source of the traffic, so it would work for everyone or nobody. Problems from a specific location may point more to ISP problems than a problem with the site, seeing that nobody else is complaining.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
BTW...
Merry Christmas to all&
Peace, health and hope for the New Year!!!!!!

Thank you

Edit: go to the end, it's perfectπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜†

And thanks again, Merry Christmas DTOM.

edit on 25-12-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Might also want to remove that black band from the ATS logo because pretty sure the guy who that pays respects to has opposing views to what this place represents.

I can't speak for him but if you ask the members who knew him they will probably agree with me.

If I'm not mistaken, the black band was left as a general respect for all the ATS members that have died, not one specific person.

PS: I don't have any idea of who are talking about, so I don't have any idea if you are right or wrong about that person's views.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Is it slow now?
I'm on kindle and seems okay now.

BoldπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ‘πŸΌ

Mods are here!!!! RRRRRUUUUNNNNNNN

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I noticed slightly longer delays to process new posts around 16 hours ago, lasting around 3-4 hours.

Seemed like delays in the multiple handshakes involved.

Was significant enough to notice, but not an inconvenience from an extremely fast network in Arizona.

I suspect the issues folks experienced last night were related to holiday network congestion, and likely unrelated to ATS.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's been a few years but if I'm not mistaken the black band was first put up to honor Masqua, taken back down after awhile and then put back up when Wood passed away - and has remained up since as a reminder of and tribute to all who we've lost.

I could have things mixed up a bit and might be misremembering who it was created for first - but generally I think that's how it went.

As for whether or not those the band represents would feel honored by it or not: I personally like to think that the black band is less an offering to the fallen and more to remind those of us still here of those we've lost, to remind us to think of them from time to time and in many cases - to prompt us to live up to the examples that they set.

posted on Dec, 25 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I believe you would know best. Thanks, Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Seems to just fail to connect here right away, seemingly at busy times on and around the half and hour.

Sometimes mobile, tab...diff city locations.

Corrects itself tho.*

If you hv ready tab links that immediately open up ATS (like me, signed in)...close them, sign out and back in.

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 26 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I've noticed the site start showing down or having trouble loading around the half hour marks like it used to a couple years ago

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddscreenname

I've noticed the site start showing down or having trouble loading around the half hour marks like it used to a couple years ago

Very slow loading...

posted on Jan, 13 2022 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

The black band is for William One Sac. A once well respected member of this website. Incredibly kind and never really had a bad word to say about anyone. He unfortunately died of cancer some years back.

As for site loading problems, depending on which browser I user, I sometimes have a good bit of problems juts getting a page to load. Firefox is practically unusable.

posted on Jan, 15 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

I do remember him and that is who I thought the band might be for, until someone mentioned Woody.

<< 1   >>

join