It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Says A White Woman 'Cut Right In Front Of Her' In A Line—Like She Were Invisible

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I get cut in front of in line occasionally, by white people, black people, Asian people. I don't take every instance as a racist affront, I take it as people who were never taught manners, and no color has a monopoly on incivility. And a lot of times, if that person NOTICES they cut in front of me, be they white, black, brown, purple, or green, they will apologize. Most people are decent people, a lot of us are pre absorbed with all the crap that's going on right now. I try to give people the benefit of a doubt. You never know what could be going on in someone's life to make them distant from their surroundings. Maybe Michelle should stop seeing everything in terms of race and just have a little empathy.
edit on 27-12-2021 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe that woman was simply rude, inconsiderate, and self entitled.

AKA a typical Karen.
And this is the best example of modern racism she has suffered? What a state America is in!!

posted on Dec, 28 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
she is angry that she wasn't noticed and put on her pedestal. If you have to be "just a regular person", you have to suffer the drawbacks that accompany that position in life. I'm a white male. The very top of the top if we are going by the current paradigm. And even in my elevated stature, I have had people walk past me without addressing my by my chosen title of "Master of all I see". So Michelle, I get it. Some people. Amirite!

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, just wow. I have had every color cut in front of me, sometimes I say something, sometimes I don't. Never equated it to race, just selfish a-holes. And doesn't s(he) have secret service with her(him) at all times? BS story.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

i like this part the best!

"When I’ve been completely incognito, during the eight years in the White House, walking the dogs on the canal, people will come up and pet my dogs, but will not look me in the eye,” Obama said. “They don’t know it’s me."

when I go incognito, no one knows its me either and that's a good thing, it means i got it right.

It's such a "Don't you know who I am?!" moment. Only horrible people do that.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe that woman was simply rude, inconsiderate, and self entitled.

AKA a typical Karen.

That's a different take on Shelley's entitlement attitude.

Suffice to say, she is indeed rude & self-entitled. Inconsiderate also works, none of those 3 are justified reactions in normal one-time passersby interactions

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Michelle Obama Says A White Woman 'Cut Right In Front Of Her' In A Line—Like She Were Invisible

I wonder if that's like decades of affirmative action, and more recently this entire year where 'people' are given jobs,rolls,commercials having no real talent ,and call it entertainment.
edit on 29-12-2021 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Michael"Michel"is barely female.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

That was why I was maybe wondering if the white woman thought Michael was waiting in line for the men's room?

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It would be really illuminating to know how Michelle imagines the average white person gets treated by everyone else all the time.

posted on Dec, 29 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow
a reply to: Bloodworth

Meh I think that's a lame excuse.. I can name way more black singers then white ones. The main difference is most black singers go it alone. Where as a majority of white are band.

So unless your simply amazing as an individual singer you don't get the same attention as bands do. Because your relying on your singular value.

When you look at a singer like Whitney Houston. She's a legend, she was gorgeous with stunning vocal range, that girl had it all so she went places.

You look at 50c he was sexy had some nice vibes.

You look at seal, really amazing voice. But not much to look at. So seal falls off due to lack of sex appeal.

When solo singers/musicians don't have the sex appeal mixed in with their music they fall flat 99% of the time and often only have 1hitters.

This alone is what made "bands" so famous. When you look at backstreet or nysnc back in the day they had a man type for everyone in the group, same to be said for spice girls. So those types made more money in the long run because not just of their music but the allure.

You have the opposite story with someone like Gwen Stefani who started in a band(no doubt), and was held back because her band wasn't as much on the appeal. But she was.

Only people who do not understand the music industry would ever say that. Idk who Kenny G is, but he ain't as famous as he thinks he is.

But I will tell you this, I know who Carlos Santana is, Prince, Will, Ricky, etc etc etc. So his race ain't got nothing to do with who listens to his crap.

Then again I just don't give a crap about saxophone musicias.. it's like trying to play an orchestra on a flute to me. But I will tell you I know Stevie Wonder.

I had to Google that guy, just to learn he is a sax player. So he hella ain't that good. In fact no one knows who the hell he is in my house hold, with 12 people around the table. Closest I got "heard the name before no idea who he is or what he does.".

like Tina Turner? Diana Ross? David Ruffin? Karen Biggs, and so on.....

edit on 29-12-2021 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Michael Obama Says A White Woman 'Cut Right In Front Of Her' In A Line

Call me Old Fashioned but Ladies First Michael. It's on old white thang from the 90's See the Titanic Movie

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join