It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we don't curb media, America ends.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I got to admit, your position regarding mainstream media is kind of concerning.

Which independent journalistic voices do you think should remain?

Are you also against the Hannitys, Carsons and Ingrahams of the media world or is this curbing only geared toward the left?

It’s a dangerous proposition you’ve declared. The stifling of the independent media (which is shrinking due to likes of Murdock and his ilk) is what fosters spin doctors and propaganda.

As a self-professed news junkie, attacks against the media are troubling. That’s how we end up with fascists and dictators controlling the flow of information to its citizens.

I mean, you don’t have to look any further than China or North Korea or even Myanmar.

Now that’s scary.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Turn on.
Tune in.
Drop out.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

I got to admit, your position regarding mainstream media is kind of concerning.

Which independent journalistic voices do you think should remain?

Anything that calls itself "news" should have to verifiable to the point where it can be cited in academic papers, and would not get called out in peer review.

Otherwise they should be forced by law, not to call it "news". (Because to do so is false advertising of their information product.)

Suppose I sold you a schematic for a 3d printer (we'll say 50 years future when they can make things out of metal alloys or something) to make brakes for your car, but when you ran it, the brakes gave out after 2 days, causing traffic accidents.

Could I cite freedom of press, just because it was an information product?

Are you also against the Hannitys, Carsons and Ingrahams of the media world or is this curbing only geared toward the left?

Those guys are liberal media. They're just the "good cop" of a "good cop" "bad cop" routine.

It’s a dangerous proposition you’ve declared. The stifling of the independent media (which is shrinking due to likes of Murdock and his ilk) is what fosters spin doctors and propaganda.

As a self-professed news junkie, attacks against the media are troubling. That’s how we end up with fascists and dictators controlling the flow of information to its citizens.

I mean, you don’t have to look any further than China or North Korea or even Myanmar.

Now that’s scary.

Yeah. The hard part is figuring out who's going to regulate it.

The line between news and propaganda is a thin one sometimes. The industry used to regulate itself, where any reporter that slipped up and accidentally reported false information would likely never hear the end of it the rest of their career.

Now they're lauded as "persecuted" heroes. So long as their target was one the industry's "bad guys"

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

"...the most unbiased source of news on television..." is like the least diseased prostitute in a 2 dollar bordello in the poor section of Karachi, or Rio, or Shanghai,...you get the picture.

Ha!

I love it!

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

So long as there are Jeffersonian Americans the Republic still exists. We have adopted the Lincolnian version of a Federal government that rules over everything instead of independent states. It will be and has always been a fight for local control. We are way out of balance as a Nation. Run by corporations and investment funds.

One of the reasons I loved living in Charlottesville, VA is that the entire city is Jefferson-centric. From Monticello to all of the historic places around town, you can see, touch & feel the Jefferson influence.

I'm moving back there after Thanksgiving.

NY used to be home which is the reason I moved back here in the first place. But now it's just cold, depressing & boring.

Lower cost of living, lower cost of housing, UVA and a terrific selection of good food. I think there's 341 restaurants in a city with a population of less than 100,000.

How can a person go wrong?

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Liberal media will be one of the first casualties, when America is returned to greatness. They know this, and are scared sh'itless.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Are you suggesting that the free press be regulated by the government?!

A regulated press is never free.

Be careful of what you wish for.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The wheels have come off, mate.

From a hobbit hole exposed to mm, I have no doubt that is your perspective.
Reality is much different.
Wheels are firmly in place.
We are good.

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The wheels have come off, mate.

From a hobbit hole exposed to mm, I have no doubt that is your perspective.
Reality is much different.
Wheels are firmly in place.
We are good.

edit on 16/11/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   

edit on 11/17/2021 by TheRedneck because: REMOVED FOR SPAM

posted on Nov, 19 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Are you suggesting that the free press be regulated by the government?!

A regulated press is never free.

Be careful of what you wish for.

We could try doing it through the courts. Allow people to sue if they purchased a "news" product and it can be shown in court that it was in fact, not news.

We already do that with libel.

Falsely describing an unsubstantiated, or academically insufficient report as "news" would just be a light form of libel.

posted on Dec, 7 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Agreed, 100%.

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 09:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I Agree . It is Imperative we do so .

posted on Jul, 11 2022 @ 11:12 PM
link   

This is focused, targeted and it's something that needs to be crushed before we let it get off the ground.

Pushed from gate. Rolled out. At cruise and halfway to its destination - the liberal utopia of secular humanism and tolerance. They will arrive with glad tidings of rainbow facade lights for the Anglican church on pride week.

You can still shoot at the plane though. It is still en route. Might be hard to take down though. Many influencial people in key positions (most of them democrat, and by extension more likely irreligious) cosign to the new PC fact-checking, socially aware mantra. As many as there were supporting McCarthyism in 1951. Or Nuclear family programming 5 years later. And all to not be left behind with this new thing everyone is doing. So they might just send another plane if you blow it up.

Cultural memes are a bitch when they dont go your way...
edit on 11-7-2022 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join