It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 92 dead after oil tanker explodes in Sierra Leone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I wasn't exactly sure where Sierra Leone even was.
(it's on the southwest coast of the upper half of Africa)

Apparently, a bus collided with a tanker truck carrying fuel, at an intersection. The people there saw this as a good opportunity to get some free gas.

FREETOWN, Sierra Leone — An oil tanker exploded near Sierra Leone's capital, killing at least 92 people and severely injuring dozens of others after large crowds gathered to collect leaking fuel, officials and witnesses said Saturday.

The explosion took place late Friday after a bus struck the tanker in Wellington, a suburb just to the east of Freetown.

www.nbcnews.com...

Drone footage shows aftermath of deadly fuel tanker blast in Sierra Leone

This will most likely result with many more than 92 deaths.

The mortuary at Connaught Hospital reported 92 bodies had been brought in by Saturday morning. About 30 severely burned victims were not expected to survive, according to staff member Foday Musa.

Injured people whose clothes had burned off in the fire that followed the explosion lay naked on stretchers as nurses attended to them Saturday.

Video obtained by The Associated Press of the explosion's aftermath showed a giant fireball burning in the night sky as some survivors with severe burns cried out in pain. Charred remains of the victims lay strewn at the scene awaiting transport to mortuaries.

www.nbcnews.com...

Part of this↓ video seems to show the tanker prior to the explosion, while people were gathered around to collect the spilled fuel.

More than 99 people dead in fuel tanker explosion in Sierra Leone's capital

Fuel tanker blast in Sierra Leone capital causes deaths, injuries

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
A crazy foolish thing to do, the hardship must be unimaginable.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Apparently, a bus collided with a tanker truck carrying fuel, at an intersection. The people there saw this as a good opportunity to get some free gas.

Same old story but people never seem to learn , the lure of free fuel no matter the danger seems worth the risk to some.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I couldn't find a timeline for the events. I was wondering how long it was between the time of the collision until the time of the explosion. There were probably some that tempted fate, and managed to get some gas while escaping the area unharmed. Also possibly some who decided to roll the dice again and go back for a little bit more.

ETA: I'd like to say that I'd never be that stupid, but all I can really say is that I probably wouldn't be that stupid. I honestly can't say with 100% certainty that there are no possible circumstances where I would ever try to get some of that gas.
edit on 11/6/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Smigg
A crazy foolish thing to do, the hardship must be unimaginable.

The globalists want that level of 'equality' for us all in the west. You know a 'redistribution of wealth'
The world will turn into one giant sh*th*le , off course the globalist 'elites' will be much much better of themselves.
pure evil these a**h*les

(post by Smigg removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Squid game, catch as much fuel, before you explode...

I have no idea what is wrong with people like this... brains are not part of their anatomy...

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Desperation I would assume.
Makes for bad decisions sometimes.

top topics

join