It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the formulae

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The mind is a gate
And the soul a keeper
Ego just wants to drive
While the heart is an avid reader.
This is the formula
That sets man apart from the heavens
His curse, his gift,
To tread upon dust
And leave his mark upon creation.
Never doubt your power
Just remember, to flower
You must tend your garden gently
And seek the wisdom of sofia
Teardrops falling about the realm like rain
Inspiration in subtle droves amidst the pain
Of realities gaudy splendor.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Speak english you #en nutjob.

Nah, jk. Sounds great. Very poetic with boundless meaning. Now to decypher it and practically use it in my life.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
nahhhh////
thats too hard.

a reply to: Lux96

lol, glad you enjoyed, and super enthused that you see value within it. its one of my favourite and least favourite things, the way in which writing we can get only so close to the subject. thats why i like poems... looser sentence structure leads to broader thinking, imo. broad thinking is good for me, i try to think too much and the details get all fuzzy

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I prefer writing things out as detailed as possible as you can see in my thread: "My personal interpretation of how our reality works".
It's a bit tedious, but it does allow for a direct and concrete evaluation of what I'm actually trying to say, even if I do it with way too many words than neccesary.
I like to be really specific about what I intend to convey to people.

But yeah, your poem makes me think. it's a thinker.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
i like to be really specific too. thats why ive evolved to be more concise, even at the cost of brevity. i dont want to have everything figured out... heck, i dont wanna do that much work

lol no but really, i used to take these things way serious but all i could churn out was rambles with patches of lucidity here and there. sometimes id get a post or two of some gold. these days, im a lot more laidback in my attitude, and i find it makes me much more direct.

the reason im glad you like the poem is because its actually a distilled version of several philosophies that i have composed. a sort of elixir, if you will. so im pleased that its desirous for that effect

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

That was very nice LW.

Seems like these days, so many of us have tainted formulae.
Maybe that weakens the soul's key, that unlocks the gate ?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Too bad that my interpreting capabilities are almost nihil. I mean, it sounds good, it's inspiring, but what should I actually make of it?
And even worse, what will I effectively do with it.

I often burst into ramblings, it doesn't make much more sense of it all. But it's good to be able to release deep philosphical thoughts in a creative way.
I try to make some sort of statement and spread 'wisdom', but seriously, I can adress what I think, but I cannot exactly understand my own thinking. And even less how it makes me feel.

But to release that energy and perhaps have some interaction about it is always amusing and can potentially be valuable 'lessons'.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

if the formulae is tainted, most of the time its within the mind or the heart. sometimes, the ego is truly rampant, and in certain cases the soul disappears. but most of the time its because the heaurt is unruly or the mind that is a gate is open to the wrong sources.

that was the thinking i had, when i chose gate. the mind is a gate, because its a portal. a portal to anywhere. whereas the soul ois a keeper, its a joke, but its also the fact that its our voice of conscience that not only guides us to feel remorse but also helps decide our course of action. in this line of thought, id say, it weakens the souls key, to lock the gate. because, at least in my experience, theres been many times ive been fully comitted to the right sources. but theres so many others, and if you cant tune them out...

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I know I've spend an enormous amount of time of reading a lot of # which I probably better hadn't read at all. I think it's fascinating, but it just #s with you mentally.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i always feel that exact same way. thats why i became a writer, actually, so i could see and address my own thoughts.

if there was anything to be taken away from this poem in a useful manner, its the very beginning, and the end. "the mind is a gate" your mind is a portal that can achieve literally any destination, real or unreal. we consume so many resources(books, movies etc) but are what we consuming really healthy? also the manner of your own thoughts. this one is just standard stuff, it was really just me playing with words and having fun, because a gate is also a goal and when thought of it this way a keeper protects the gate... xD

the last part, about the tears of sophia, is probably the most significant part of the poem. so its understandable that you find the poem intriguing and potentially valuable but ultimately worthless. its... really hard to be concise with something like this. when i start talking about things, theres so many concepts twined together. especially with "big" stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   

But what does it actually mean? "The wisdom of sofia"?

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

the wisdom of sofia is nothing in so many words...

the keywords here were "about the realm" and "subtle amidst the pain"
Sofia is like the personification of philosophy btw. so "the wisdom of sophia" is a bit of an odd phrase, as sofia is wisdom.
so rather than listening to any wor or handful of them. instead interact directly with the legacy.

back to the "about the realm" and "subtle amidst the pain" part. well, "about the realm" just means your realm, so, as you move around. so if i had to say anything was sofias wisdom, id say, itd the wisdom that helps you grind your teeth and endure the pain of cauterizing amidst the trauma and death energy in our world. tragic wording there at the end but eh

seek the wisdom of sofia
Teardrops falling about the realm like rain
Inspiration in subtle droves amidst the pain
Of realities gaudy splendor.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   
havent you ever felt that there was something bigger that you had to do? that feeling is a teardrop.

or what about those moments, when, at the height of passion, you knew exactly why you were here and felt the thrill of enacxting that perfectly? thats a teardrop.

facing the truth, overcoming the past, engaging in philosophy...a reply to: LucidWarrior

"the teardrops of sophia" is poetic imagery designed to relate the way that the inspiration we recieve is born. to me its literally her sadness at humanities struggle against the darkness. so its a phrase for those things that are both the highest of our aspirations and yet nothing of our own creation.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   

So, find your philosophy to deal with this world and life. Give it some meaning where there is none?
I believe many weird and crazy things, but I have no way of knowing if any of it is true... Well, not everything... There's things like CIA Remote Viewing and the capabilities of human beings wich I find very fascinating, and empowering too, it must mean we are pretty powerful creatures in some aspects.

And also that there is alot more to this world and reality than we can even conceive, wich is fascinating and makes me hopeful for some kind of future...

Deep down I do believe everything will be alright in the end... But how we get there, I don't know.
But I've experienced many weird and 'magical' things which keep me motivated to pursue a life that wishes to live a higher meaning, even if I don't actually get there, the journey is already worth it.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
you can receive inspiration and engage in philosophy anywhere. from standing in a park to walking down the street, buying ice cream or riding the tube... in a sense, any time you come to engage with philosophical quandaries is itself a teardropa reply to: LucidWarrior

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
hmm, yes and no. more like... there is a meaning in life, for you alone. but it is not enough to "Deal" with this world. it depends on the objectives defined within the meaning. but normally, it is strictly a manner of progressing, rather than dealing/coping. this can look like coping but most often lends itself to confrontation as a side effect. a reply to: Lux96

so its this idea of a path, that you were meant to walk, that, deep down, you always try to walk. maybe you do, maybe you dont. in fact, all your rambles on and off the path are all part of it. but at the end of the day youre on or off at that moment. this path, its your own path... but its also the path of objective truth within you. that being your truth, also therefore your best way to find and interact with truth.

im glad you are fascinated and hopeful. when youve seen a lot of things like i have... you come to realize that humans are, in a few aspects, supreme existences, and in most others, are barely qualified as passable

everything WILL be alright in the end. and the way you get there is by acknowledging that things arent okay, defining your parameters within that" whether it be counteracting (one of) those things or circumventing them... and acting accordingly... pay attention to a lot of the simple, cliched advice we get. at the end of the rabbit hole, its those platitudes like "you choose your happiness" and "live in the moment" that really help you dig your way back up.

just.. take whats meant for you, and leave everything else. keep your heart enchanted, but leave the high strangeness for the wizards. live with a light heart and take a heavy hand in matters of work and play. and at all times... be in search for the tempo that connects you to the song of life

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Inspiring, thank you.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
my pleasure! now, i must ask you to wish me a goodnight.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Goodnight man, wish you a very lucid and entertaining dream, full of secret symbolism.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 04:14 AM
link   
thanks. i cant say i recall having any dreams last night, but i fell asleep shortly after

new topics

top topics

join