It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspired

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Once there was a writer who often wrote little short stories she would share with the world. One day, she thought it was about time she wrote another one - it had been a while, and she didn't want to disappoint her fans. But as she sat down to write, she realised she had no clue what to write about. So she decided to phone her friend Dolly.

"Take a walk," suggested Dolly. "You'll be inspired by the world around you."

So she took a walk. She walked all along her street, and then out onto the main road. But she still didn't know what to write about. So she decided to phone her friend Molly.

"Look up some famous works of art," Molly told her. "You'll be inspired by them and their backstories."

So she looked up famous works of art. She Googled the mysterious Mona Lisa and its theft in 1911, Andy Warhol and his famous Marilyn Diptych, Vincent Van Gogh and why he cut his ear off, Pablo Picasso's rags to riches story and more. But she still couldn't think of what to write. So she decided to phone her friend Polly.

"Read a history book or two," Polly advised. "You'll be inspired by the events of the past."

So she went to the library and read a history book - or two, or five, or fourteen. She read Napoleon's biography, she studied the Norman Conquest and she learnt all about the ancient emperors of China. But she still couldn't think of what to write.

She put her head in her hands. What was she going to write about? After all these things that her friends considered inspiration, she still didn't know what to write.

Suddenly, she had an idea.

She would write about her struggle to think of something! She would write about how she had trekked up the main road and back down again, how she'd been half-blinded by the bright abstract colours of online copies of some of the most famous paintings in the world, how she'd spent hours poring over the stories of long-dead people.

About forty-five minutes later, she clicked post and watched with satisfaction as she was directed to www.abovetopsecret.com... now with "Inspired" being added to the long list of poetry and short stories.

posted on Nov, 5 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   
very nice. thanks for the ride! of course, the only thing im really thinking about is how long it took you to decide on "Dolly"

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior
Really it didn't take me long at all
Of course, I don't actually have three friends called Dolly, Molly and Polly, that would be hilarious

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And it is true. I can't think of any ideas
so I decided to write this.

Well, maybe if you read the sentence above you'll misinterpret it. I mean I can't think of an idea for a nice short story. All the ideas I can think of? If I wrote about just one of them it would probably have to be spread out across a trilogy lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Moonstar7

I've been thinking about one where the elites pretend an asteroid is going to destroy the earth
So they ship all the gentiles to Mars

The gentiles get there and realise they have been screwed so they spend the next 99 years, or three generations devising a way back to the blue planet to try and take it back

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
call it "back to the blue" a reply to: DAVG1980

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior
Nice wanna team up lol

Back to the blue would be the third film I reckon

1st one would be the deception

2nd one life on mars

Not names just the idea

I think we could challenge Tolkien here

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVG1980
Count me in too!

Oh wait it would be counted as collaborative writing and Lucid is the only writer.

posted on Nov, 6 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVG1980
I've been thinking of one where the dinosaurs were an advanced civilization that built a hi-tech spaceship when they found out an asteroid was going to hit earth, and now their descendants are coming home but they have no idea what's been going on here on Earth

And then there's also the one about a boy running away from home...and then there's the one about a Japanese girl raised by Japanese mythological creatures but when they're discovered and killed she's forced to flee to the USA... But like I said, you couldn't make any of them into a short story.

new topics

top topics

join