It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting further study of the elongated skulls from around the world

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The elongated skulls remind me of the cargo cults that sprang up on some of the islands after WW2. It really is quite possible some entity or group of entities of renown possessed such features thus the commoners wanted to be just like them. As the video says this is not an uncommon occurrence but leaves us to wonder why such an act was carried out around the world on widely separated continents ? A real mystery IMO especially if the DNA annalists is correct.... I have no answers and regardless of some of the so called experts I doubt anyone really knows.

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Thank you so much for a time lapse In reverse to around 2003 to old ATS, much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Absolutely fascinating.

It certainly gives one pause for thought.

Thank you for bringing this information to share with us.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Between the elongated skulls all over the world and the pyramids also scattered around the globe makes you really wonder.

Was there a civilization that existed in the ocean that acted as a bridge to the rest of the world.

Or was it aliens I could watch these shows all day and night.

Thanks for the video S+F

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Many main stream theories have always said head binding so what if there is a elongated shape in utero ? Well just so happens there is. Hummm !!

Challenging the Paradigm

What evidence could challenge this paradigm? Right – the existence of fetuses with elongated skulls, i.e. evidence that such skulls already had an elongated shape in utero , before any head-binding was possible. Do we have such evidence? Yes, we do! Moreover, this evidence has been known to the academic community for over 163 years!

Rivero and Tschudi in Peruvian Antiquities (1851 Spanish, 1853 English) argue that the protagonists of the artificial cranial deformation hypothesis are mistaken, since they had only considered the skulls of adults. In other words, the hypothesis fails to take into account the skulls of infants and, most importantly, foetuses which had similar elongated skull shape.

“We ourselves have observed the same fact [of the absence of signs of artificial pressure – IG] in many mummies of children of tender age, who, although they had cloths about them, were yet without any vestige or appearance of pressure of the cranium. More still: the same formation of the head presents itself in children yet unborn; and of this truth we have had convincing proof in the sight of a foetus, enclosed in the womb of a mummy of a pregnant woman, which we found in a cave of Huichay, two leagues from Tarma, and which is, at this moment, in our collection [my emphasis – IG].

www.ancient-origins.net...

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have always found this to be a fascinating subject!

The fact that head binding of infants seems to have been happening globally within certain cultures is intriguing and you wonder who or what they were emulating.
It also seems apparent that not all the skulls found show signs of this binding and artificial shaping, with the actual skull plates being different from human skulls today and even others from the same periods. That would indicate that those with natural elongated skulls were perhaps a whole different race?
Another anomaly seems to be the volume of the skulls. In many cases the elongated skulls found, that have been artificially transformed, of course have the same volume as any other skull, that simply does not change whatever the shape. However, there have been skulls found that do have a higher volume (as much as 25% I think was the figure I saw).

I remember too reading about the discovery of the chambers in Malta found during excavations that contained skeletal remains, all jumbled together with other debris, as if they were all washed into the spaces by some unknown force. Approximately 700 of the skulls were of the elongated variety.
In one of Freddy Silva's books he states that when visiting Malta during research for one of his books he dropped into the museum to look at the skulls, having previously read about them in a book or article written by Graham Hancock. After asking a member of staff about the skulls he was met by the museum director who declared that they don't exist, never have, end of story, bye bye!

There do seem to be areas of history that seem to be "off-limits" and undergo state level (or higher) censorship these days, the race of naturally occurring elongated skull humanoids being just one.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Yet MSM or the so-called learned of academia won’t touch this.
Wonder why.

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
These days if a child in utero was diagnosed with an elognated skull they'd most likely abort.

Such a shame we'll never know.

Wouldn't surprise me if there arose a religion of child sacrifice of unusual children in ancient cultures.

I wonder why the reason was for that, suddenly going from cultures where the elongated skull was revered to ones where it was considered an abomination and must be destroyed.

edit on 10/24/21 by GENERAL EYES because: amended spelling error

posted on Oct, 24 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
These days if a child in utero was diagnosed with an elognated skull they'd most likely abort.

Such a shame we'll never know.

Wouldn't surprise me if there arose a religion of child sacrifice of unusual children in ancient cultures.

I wonder why the reason was for that, suddenly going from cultures where the elongated skull was revered to ones where it was considered an abomination and must be destroyed.

Very true IMO as my mind flashed back to the Spartan babies being thrown off the cliff because they did not meet the standards of the day.

In many societies it is not good to be defenseless even today no matter the age.

posted on Oct, 25 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   

The other option, that was claimed in the video, was that these beings did not fit the Human Genome.

Perhaps they were malicious and cruel with their claimed "psychic powers" and were destroyed by natural cataclysms.

There's so much to consider in that video.

Still, fascinating mystery.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Excellent thread, this is why I come onto ATS. Great link to that YouTube account, so will go through those videos.
A very interesting subject that, and the science guys seemed legit so wonder why this isnt making mainstream news, if its true that they are genetically different and possibly not human then that is huge surely.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut

Yet MSM or the so-called learned of academia won’t touch this.
Wonder why.

Probably because you're not following any academic sites.

When I search for scientific papers (on Scholar) that mention elongated skulls, it tells me that there are 28,300 results and that the oldest available paper dates back to 1874, more than 100 years before the Internet. These papers include topics never mentioned here (Veeramah, Krishna R., et al. "Population genomic analysis of elongated skulls reveals extensive female-biased immigration in Early Medieval Bavaria." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 115.13 (2018): 3494-3499. )

Some of them (like this one: Loucks, Catrina M., et al. "Matching two independent cohorts validates DPH1 as a gene responsible for autosomal recessive intellectual disability with short stature, craniofacial, and ectodermal anomalies." Human mutation 36.10 (2015): 1015-1019.) are clearly irrelevant to this topic although they talk about elongated skulls.

I find 1,200 papers on the Paracas skulls.

There's even a forensics lesson (not for children; requires a decent knowledge of anatomy and physiology) on the skulls that includes change over time: epos.myesr.org...

I've never seen any discussion (outside of academics) on these skulls based on exact location of the find and age (producing a sequence of who had what shaped head where and when).

tl;dr - if you think it's not discussed in academics, you're not getting the whole picture.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

You might want to do a bit more reading on human fetal development and how/when abortions can be obtained.

And while you're at it, take a peek at "newborn head molding" at this hospital site and then the drawing (upper right) of the skull of a newborn and see just how elongated human skulls are at birth: www.stlukes-stl.com...

The religions that sacrificed children did so to the best of the children... offering the gods the finest humans, not the "most deformed" or most ugly or whatever. I don't see (on a perusal of papers) any indication that children with unusually long skulls were offered to the gods at any time or any location.

It's actually still being done today in a number of places. However, for South America, that would be the Spanish conquistadors and the priests insisting that people not bind the heads of their children - wiki.bme.com...

In other cases it would be the fading of one culture as another rises in its place.

*also note a bait-and-switch in the film: they show you the art of the Egyptian Amarna period (when Akhenaten change the style of Official Egyptian Art for a period of time)... but they don't show you the actual skulls of Akhenaten and Tutankamun and the rest of the family (the skulls of these people are nothing like the art -- just like people in political cartoons don't actually look like that in real life.) And they show you the skulls of the Paracas people... but don't show you their art and don't tell you how many of the graves they found contained people with elongated skulls or the approximate age of the skulls.

new topics

top topics

join