It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we possibly live in a simulation and is love the key to setting oneself free

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: XipeTotex

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I challenge you to cook a cheeseburger and eat it, savor the texture and humidity of a hot shower or the relief of fresh air in your lungs after holding your breath for a long minute, recreate a warm hug and the smell of your mother's perfume, all of this using only software. Then tell me reality is illusion.

I can recreate all of this things using the software between my ears, so a machine or a program could do it too.

Hold your breath for much longer than a minute and you'll learn that memories or imagination (what you're doing between your ears) is not a substitute for reality.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

The idea of living in a simulation is a fascinating one to me. I have experienced a few things that would be easily explained by it. Granted, a number of things known and unknown could explain them.

Frankly, If reality as we know is a simulation, then that would almost take the faith out of believing in Christ "so-to-speak". Since we do not know faith is still a big part of it.

Anyway, if we are in a simulation, then certainly love would be a factor in our safe escape. More specifically the love of Jesus. Perhaps one way to look at it is this. We're in a sophisticated version of The Sims, and God gave us an Easter Egg cheat code to win the game. Without it the game is unwinnable.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Cool.

Do you recall that strange cartoonist , Gahan Wilson? He did all those weird cartoons with strange little people in weird situations? Often with messages meant to make people think?

He had one that depicted a 19th century vision of an astronaut. He wore an old space suit that was fashioned on an old diving suit. Big helmet and stuff. He was tethered to an old style space ship that looked like a 19th century fantasy of what a space ship would look like.

With the earth in the background, this astronaut was out on the end of an air hose doing a space walk. He was inspecting something. It was a light that they had been sent up to explore. Getting close to the light, the astronaut found that the light was really light coming out of a hole in space that took the form of a keyhole, just like your avatar. And no key.

This struck me. To have come all that distance only to not have the key. One should always have a key with them. So I went out and bought a skeleton key to hang on my key chain. It has been with my car keys now for over thirty years.

Still no key hole for it but if one shows up, then I am ready.

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just started reading it……I’m curious to know if anyone experienced a death but we’re in an aliens body the time?? Like a grey or reptilian…….

posted on Oct, 17 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Add manifestation into your thinking, visions of gods and miracles, people claiming to be able to do things throughout history that seem impossible, if you believe any of that anyway.
Plenty of us have had experiences we cant properly explain without considering us being energy or that we are in a simulation as a possibility.

Manifestation is belieiving something is real not wanting to believe, actually believing it.
If you consider that it is the way of the simulation keeping your perception of reality "correct", like quantum physics, watching and having an excpectation seems to affect reality.

I play with the idea we are the energy source powering this artificial or simulated construct, our reality and perception is mostly adopted and majority of us are running on the same "version" of reality, helps to save on processing power or energy maybe.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
30 years ago my father was dead for 5 minutes. I spoke to him within minutes of coming back and the first thing he talked about was what he seen. Some of the stuff I heard before like the black tunnel and seeing family members at the end of the tunnel. He always told the story the exact same way , almost word for word. a reply to: scraedtosleep

edit on 18-10-2021 by Enduro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I am pretty certain we live in a time loop. I know the matrix theory seems plausible.
for me its more like a time loop in a world of illusion.
would love to explain more but atm I am having to use a library computer due to phone
malfunction and not having a working computer currently at the box I shelter in.

I will tell you this though its not the Yellow Brick Road and maybe that's an even bigger part of the problem
what with the witches magic leagues appeasement of wicked ones (probably for the witch)

As you well know though these things work in pairs so as well as a wicked witch we also have a wicked wizard.
They have been plaguing this realm for centuries.

There definitely is a matrix illusory element. But hey that sort of thing could happen in a time loop.

Another thing I've noticed is the information cliff. every time we ask for a simple explanation of what is going on
we get pages and pages of words. Seeming to give an explanation in the first few with that one little thing missing.
When we search for that final piece that completes the jigsaw we find another ten thousand pages that sends us to sleep.
After noticing the missing piece of the jigsaw (this includes religions,knowledges etc etc) we ask for that bit of information/data and it never arrives but we are then led on an ever winding path of explanations comparisons and so forth.
This belittles our minds and sends the user to sleep or makes them accept they are not clever enough to understand.
The fact is they are LYING and using this deficit of data to make us feel inferior whilst using and keeping the magic all for themselves.

I would love to explain more but I have to get home for a delivery that keeps not coming.

edit on 18-10-2021 by infiniteMeow because: extra character... typo yawneth meow.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What do you mean?

It's a judgement.

Trying to be good is backed by the belief that you are not good enough.

You are the judge and the jury and the accused........

Who told you that you are not good enough?

You are perfect and so is everyone and everything......all is just as it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why gematria is literally EVERYWHERE is still unexplained. What they've told us about this reality is bulls#

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

You always need a simulator to run your simulation, and the simulator is by necessity smaller than the simulation. Therefore, if your universe were a simulation, there must be a simulator inside of which to run the simulation, hence there is an outside and an inside,, hence photons would scatter. They don't, ergo there is no simulation.

The time for the simulation to run and finish must be less than the time of the simulator's lifespan, otherwise the simulation would be meaningless for you would die before the simulation finishes.

The energy required to run the simulator must be higher than the energy consumed by the simulation, otherwise the simulation would never terminate.

Finally, any simulation of a Universe can be nearly identical to a real Universe, but it would never be identical: otherwise you would have created two Universes that must be detached from each other if they really want to be real Universes. Detachment means causally disconnected, hence no way for any observer to observe the result of his/her simulation, which means his/her simulation exercise is useless.

However, suppose an advanced civilization wishes to modify space-time to escape the big crunch, and hence they engage in creating an alternate universe into which escape. The first thing they decide to do is to create a replica Universe in order to see how it behaves. If they are satisfied with the replica universe, then they start creating it from scratch in order to escape from the original universe, according to the original plan. However, the moment they create the universe they realize... they cannot gain access to it because of detachment.

Soon they learn the only way ahead is not to recreate universes, but to accept the fact that everything which is aware, is aware of its own death. Consciousness is always a death sentence. Being fully conscious is the big crunch.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

I like your answer.

Need some liberty to think about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

Thanks, XipeTotex.

posted on Oct, 18 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Pi is a thing… no computer system could ever or will ever be able to contain an infinite amount of information. At least that’s my view on it.

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Am I perfect if I like to rape children?

Should I not want and try to be better?

posted on Oct, 29 2021 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Am I perfect if I like to rape children?

Should I not want and try to be better?

Try to be a better rapist?

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I hate when people do this.

Love doesn't need any external, optional, additional qualifications.

It's valuable AS IS.

Learn to understand and respect it, not try to come up with 'rationalizations' for it.

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Mon Dec 27 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join