It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what the hell year is this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
According to the Hebrew calendar the current year is 5782.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Does it really matter what year it is?
All our measurements of time are imaginary lines we put in place.
Years, months, days, hours, seconds of the very distant past.
What’s the point really.....
Knowing the answer and $2.00.....coffee please

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
Ahhh!

I see you now.

Recorded history is incomplete data dude and is used to write a narrative that ‘fits best’

You can date things by relativity but you can also ignore things or interpret, ie. cave art and the squatting man, data to sell your doctrine.

In this sense there is no Day zero as such.

There is however a ‘purple dawn of creation’ and records on stone that corroborate with each other to direct our attention to earlier observations.

Some of these draw us to various global archetypes and let us speculate on events with considerable circumstantial evidential support.

Check out thunderbolts of the Gods.

Anywho, if your line of questioning is heading the way I suspect then I hope that video helps to fire some neurons. It lit me up when I first watched.

a reply to: autopat51

Interesting that the video fit so well, it ties up a few loose ends, surprisingly.

Einstein … there was always something about him that wasn’t quite right. Some say he was a fraud.

Thank you Dalamax for an interesting informative and highly important post!

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Even more fun when one realizes there was no "Year Aught" (Year 0). Goes from 1 BC to 1 AD in the Anno Domini calendar.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

What you talking about, ETMN?

It is 25 Safar, 1443 !

Cheers

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Great thread idea S&F the planet is over 4 billion years old and we live in the year 2000.... something is way off...the whole world uses a calendar based off Jesus Christ, whom may not have even existed.

ETA: everyone in the thread seems to be on European tunnel vision with keeping time. I'd like to direct the readers to Polynesia, South America, North American Indigenous People, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Aborigines....all of them have ANCIENT history...and I'm sure have fascinating philosophies and systems of time to discuss on here.
edit on 2-10-2021 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Even more fun when one realizes there was no "Year Aught" (Year 0). Goes from 1 BC to 1 AD in the Anno Domini calendar.

Cheers

Quite right. In effect, "Nought" was a point in time rather than a year, as I try to explain to people.
"1 B.C." means the twelve months preceding the notional moment when Christ was born (midnight on the 31st of December, for calendar purposes).
"A.D. 1" means the twelve months following that event.

For the same reason, for us pedants, the second millenium came to a close at the end of the year 2000, not at the beginning.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Well I've mentioned Mayans, Egyptians and Semites, South America, Africa and Middle East.
It's a euro-centric/christian calendar we're using now so obviously we're referring to that.

It's 4719 in China, now we got Asia too.
What else do you want to bitch about, from the high horse of zero information-contribution?

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Your welcome and I’ll try not to let it get to my head.

a reply to: Kingnothing33

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Here’s an extrapolation on the last video.

This one delves a little deeper into archetypes and how they can be used to interpret mythology and present to us a narrative from our ancestors.

Hope you enjoy.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I found this. The Yoruba calendar

The traditional Yoruba calendar (Kọ́jọ́dá) has a 4-day week and 91 weeks in a year. The Yoruba year spans from 3 June of a Gregorian calendar year to 2 June of the following year. According to the calendar developed by Remi-Niyi Alaran, the Gregorian year 2021 AD is the 10,063rd year of Yoruba records of time.With the British colonial and European cultural invasions, came the need to reconcile with the Gregorian calendar: Yoruba people also measure time in seven days a week and 52 weeks a year.

edit on 3-10-2021 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Time flux

posted on Oct, 3 2021 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I now have a 3 day week and 21 weeks off a year!

Cool find Gent!

a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

posted on Oct, 12 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
a reply to: DISRAELI

sometimes i just have a problem with the fact that BC is much guesework and AD seems for the most part...very well written.

No. Historians track time by putting events in order and working backward, plus using those events as reference markers along the timeline.

Let's say historians work it out (through the order of events and relative to other known events) that a certain 'Event X' occurred 2500 years ago. You can subtract the current year 2021 from 2500 and get the answer that Event X happened circa 479 BC (or more precisely 478 BC, because there was no year 0 to account for in the math).

edit on 2021/10/12 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
check for hebrew calendar, or another systemic calendar which are currently in use daily.

then convert the original date you want with that calendar,.

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   

You could use some punctuation, capitalization, grammar lessons, etc.

In any case, the year is hard to pinpoint, as this planet has existed for quite a long time. Do we start counting from when the planet was formed into a relatively solid (but still too hot to inhabit) mass? When it got its moons? When it got its shape?

Do we start counting when people were finally brought here, although calamities destroyed that progress many times, so they had to begin a new numerous times?

Do we start our calculations from when semi-sentient 'proto-humans' were let roam free on the surface after being developed and cultivated in the underground laboratories?

Do we begin history 30 000 years ago when there was a huge, devastating war with more destructive weapons than this planet has currently (at least in the mainstream)?

Do we start 11500 years ago, when Atlantis sank into the sea in three days, and the priests were forced to fled the continent even before that to form the Golden Age of Ancient Egypt (when the crystals were used for power and cutting and levitating of heavy stone was the norm)?

The ways to calculate time have been numerous ever since, and historically, there have been numerous calendars, systems and so on.

The year is probably not that important to know, it would just be a number anyway. Mayans had their views on that, the ancient Chinese, with their accurate, nature-based moon calendar also knew a lot about this stuff (I calculated the beginnings of seasons by taking the brightest and darkest points of the year, then dividing the year into four equal parts, and to my surprise, I noticed later that the ancient Chinese moon calendar agrees exactly with my calculations!)

Basically, it is whatever year we dedide it is. The definitions people use these day of almost anything are so wrong anyway, it doesn't make a difference. For example, people talk about 'the second world war' without realizing there have been wars long before this so-called 'civilization' (should be called 'barbarization' to be more accurate), even Indian Veda-books talk about them, and even mention the Atlantian flying devices, the 'Vimanas'.

There's no way to be 100% accurate in what year it is, because so much depends on what we agree is the 'beginning point' - and as TIME has no such point, it would have to be about the planet or this solar system maybe... or the galaxy, or, or, or..

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoujikina

Do we start 11500 years ago, when Atlantis sank into the sea in three days, and the priests were forced to fled the continent even before that to form the Golden Age of Ancient Egypt (when the crystals were used for power and cutting and levitating of heavy stone was the norm)?

Umm...what?!

posted on Nov, 22 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: Shoujikina

Umm...what?!

I think he was quoting the opening narration from Conan the Barbarian, which as everyone knows is a historically accurate documentary.

posted on Nov, 25 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
on around 500 ad the monk named Dionysius Exiquus decided to reset time. he began the AD or as we call it now the CE timeline. the year of Christs birth [ an estimation at best ].

my question has always been, what year is this really? the ancient people were quite good at time keeping,they kept track of everything that moved in the skies. so..my question is..what year did they think it was?

what year did Plato think he lived in? what year did the Mayans think it was? what year should it actually be if the good monk hadnt reset everything?

i have no idea myself, i have always studied history in the bc/ad realm, but i have always been curious.

Calendar says Nov. 2021 AD. But never was any year zero between BC & AD. English speaking sites in India put (+1) between these bookmatched dates, as Romans never had the year zero. Indian calendars run for several thousand years without any BC or AD hiccups. It’s not rocket science!!
edit on 25-11-2021 by carpooler because: Add extra year
. We are in 2022, by adding the year zero at the end of the Anno Domini date scheme. Nostradamus uses this hook in one of his NYC 2001 Trade Tower attack verses. 1999 & seven months translates to AD 2000, plus seven months, minus 19 days calculated from subtracting Q. 72 from the buttress C 9, C 10, or 91. This is the origin of the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, were Harrison Ford cuts off a piece of the Staff of Ra, due to the Egyptians’ put down of the God of their Hebrew slaves! Talk about hiding his prophecies in plain sight—-??
edit on 25-11-2021 by carpooler because: Example of this hiccup in prophecy

edit on 25-11-2021 by carpooler because: Correct to 2000 AD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join