It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans compassionate or just plain morbid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If you wish to see the future visit any of the hundreds of thousands of nursing homes that are popping up everywhere to keep up with the huge demand of an aging population.

You will discover a living nightmare of never ending misery, where people are kept alive with medication pumped into their bodies with machines or taken orally every few hours.

Most of these people have worked all their lives believing that some day they could retire and enjoy life. Instead they end up in human landfills, discarded, by a society that doesn’t have the compassionate backbone, to deal with old decrepit people and those severely damaged by accidents or other misfortunes of life.

You walk through halls of hell and peer into rooms and look into the eyes of desperation-----yet no one seems to be able to help them. They look up at you like lost children hoping that you have come to visit them. They call you by name, a name you never heard; perhaps it’s a name of one of their children that they haven’t seen in weeks months or years.

Some are forgotten by family who are too ashamed to admit they want nothing to do with them, others are not forgotten but don’t remember who their loved ones are anymore.

Millions of people enter human landfills every week-----it’s only a matter of time that you and I will be dumped into one.

[edit on 26-3-2005 by sleeper]

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Though I agree with your views on nursing homes, I disagree with the idea that I will need one. I have every hope to die before I reach the age of 50. Lol. (I laugh but I am still quite serious.)

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159
Though I agree with your views on nursing homes, I disagree with the idea that I will need one. I have every hope to die before I reach the age of 50. Lol. (I laugh but I am still quite serious.)

It’s not only old people that are dumped into human land fills, accident victims, medical abnormalities from birth or from illness have left people in vegetative conditions. Young and old end up in those hell holes, when families cannot afford to take care of them, or simply get tired of looking at them.

If anyone doubts the 24/7 misery machines go check one out, they are everywhere.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I understand what your saying and I completely agree. That's why I don't use modern medicine. I see things from a natural standpoint. If, in nature, I would die from an injury/medical condition then I am perfectly content to die from it. Otherwise I would just be contributing to the upkeep of the establishments that you mentioned as well as contributing to the overpopulation of this world.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Personally I believe that this world can easily sustain 10 billion people.

Nevertheless, stacking people into millions of human warehouses keeping them alive by pumping them full of drugs is beyond cruel and barbaric.

The cost of human suffering in those modern day Frankenstein labs is only surpassed by the coast of keeping them plugged in.

Which equals our yearly military budget every single month, and it is growing by the minute.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sleeper...........This is the same thing I would talk about with people in my cab lol

Thanks to you I'm learning how to do it with integrity. I hope.

Is it possible?

a lot of bad things happen in third world countries but this is not one of them. Most People don't get put into homes when they get old they stay with family but sometime worse happens they just take them for a ride like a dog you want to get rid of (how a terrible thing like that can be done I don't want to know) people in Mexico life with there parents until the parents die some times.

This is because in third world countries people have a lot of babes so one of the kids will take care of mom or pops looks like I'm going to take care of both which will be funny seeing as they hate each other.

My dads getting old and my little brother all ready said hes not changing any diapers so i guess I'm stuck with the dirty work.......... :bnghd:

my dad is from Boston but he likes it here in Mexico and when he and my mom split he was a single dad I don't know too many single dads so i owe him a lot I could never put him in a home brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

but you are right Sleeper and its going to get much worse first world countries need to start having babies fast or there will be only immigrants that will be willing to take care of them.

For people that have there dads and moms in homes you need to remember who used to clean your arss.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Izarith]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I agree with this, as this part of reality in our culture saddens me.

It's unfortunate... unless;
You've saved enough money during life to live in a high rise nursing home condo and not one of the hell's as mentioned.
Or if your family has enough money to take care of you/or your money if you're disabled.
Not to mention an option of being at home with care takers, as the best option.

It's scary to wonder if in the future, your kids and or loved ones may have to consider this as an option. Hopefully they'd have the resources not to, of course. I'd rather pass on before being stuck in one of those places.

Is it only a matter of time before these bodies are turned into batteries for a Matrix styled power grid(just saying!)...

new topics

top topics

join