It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Phone Company is Blocking or Throttling ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

A general conspiracy thread
About a conspiracy
Against a conspiracy forum

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:14 AM
link   
While it may be true that the site has always had issues on mobile devices...this issue is new to me. Only in the last few weeks I noticed that while using data only on my phone I could connect to any other site but ATS. So I think something changed within the site... Because I didn't have issues prior. Same device,same carrier.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: Phage

I'm a firm believer in net neutrality...why the internet isn't considered a basic utility at this point is beyond me...it's hard to exist in modern society without it.
Yes, we sure notice the absence of net neutrality when we don't have it.

Your troubleshooting sounds pretty convincing that koodo is blocking you.

I use the same ISP for my PC or wi-fi for my mobile, and so far I've only found one site that my ISP messes with...it's a torrent site where you can search for torrents. I can sort of understand why sites like that would be frowned on to the extent they may have some piracy-related torrents, though they also have torrents which are not piracy related. My ISP doesn't block that torrent site completely, they allow you to connect to it, and run a search, and the search results show up empty. Now if someone told me an ISP was the cause of the empty search results, I probably wouldn't have believed them.

But I can use the same ISP, with a proxy to hide what site I'm visiting from the ISP, and run the same search, and get results for the same search that came up empty without the proxy. I don't see what else could cause those two things to happen except the ISP tampering with or applying some kind of filter to what kind of search results I can get from the torrent site. Sort of like you did with your VPN test with koodo, except you're getting blocked while I'm getting a filtered connection instead of being blocked completely. The filtered connection seems more nefarious because if you didn't try a proxy you might not even know your connection to the site was being filtered, but the blocking is bad too. Have you thought about contacting koodoo and asking them if they are blocking ATS and if so, why?

originally posted by: jondashipsu
a reply to: dug88

I am with others, I do not think you are being throttled, My phone does same thing.

originally posted by: and14263
It's not a conspiracy.

ATS doesn't work well on mobiles.

Maybe you should re-read the thread. It's not about how well ATS does or doesn't work on mobile.

To re-phrase the OP's points in this thread:
Mobile works with an alternate provider, but not koodo.

So that sounds like a koodo problem already. Then he tried using a VPN with koodo and it works with koodo when koodo doesn't know what site he's visiting.

Again this sure seems to confirm a koodo problem, so I can understand why the OP thinks it is, based on this troubleshooting.
I can't understand why you folks don't seem to get this. dug88 isn't complaining about how ATS works on mobile with the other provider or with VPN. (I'm not saying there aren't any issues with the mobile version of ATS, there probably are, but that is not what dug88's troubleshooting points to as the connection problem here when he finds alternates that connect ok).

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I have Koodo.

I am experiencing the exact opposite of you.

When browsing ATS on my phone it loads and refreshes great, but on my ISP not so much.

That doesn't meant it isn't Koodo, just that mine is working.

Not sure, weird man.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just an update.

I switched on my VPN on my mobile device and WALLA no more problems at all. It actually runs better with this site now.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Voila.

edit on 8/30/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Voila.

Lol. Seems I can't try to be funny on here. I know "voila" but thanks for the support.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It was funny. No worries.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

That's good to know. Makes me wonder even more now, I've tested this with a telus phone now, also worked fine don't know anybody on Rogers or other companies. Roger's coverage is spotty here and other than telus, koodo and chatr, there isn't really any other phone companies that provide good coverage where I live.

Koodo's owned by telus, i have telus internet, it works fine, telus mobile works fine on ATS.

I dunno, really not sure at this point, i've tried older phones, newer phones and 3 different phone providers and my phone with this koodo account is the only one that gives me trouble, only when using mobile data. Works 100% on WiFi, any WiFi i've used, works using proxies and vpns. This #'s just making my brain hurt. I really can't figure this out...

edit on 1/9/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Having same issue here. I'm on Verizon and it just started a couple weeks ago.

Me too. Verizon

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Another update:

I'm having to turn my VPN on/off to get pages on ATS to load.

Example:

My VPN is off. I'm on ATS and I want to edit my post in a thread. I finish my editing and hit the edit button. The page stalls and then sends me to an error page so I turn my VPN on and reload the page, press the edit button once more, and it works great.

Buuuuuuuuuuut......

The inverse is happening also where my VPN apparently hinders the operation and when I turn it off, the site works fine.🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

WTF is going on with this site???

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I dunno, just found one other site the same thing happens on, the subject matter of the site is comparable to ats. I'm really leaning in the active censorship over website issues corner...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join