It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids, covid, variants?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
How do we know this if we do not test for the strain? The common cold and flu also affect kids.

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Neobucket

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Neobucket

Oh good! The kids will all have natural immunity! What a gift! So glad they are doing well. After two weeks their immune systems should be kicking in. Next time, it will be ready or if it's years later, it will kick in within days, not two weeks.

Your choice to vax or not, but personally I wouldn't mess with their natural immunity.
I didn’t really feel the need to specify, but I’m referring to my sister, parents and her children. My wife and I are unvaxxed.

I was of the understanding kids shouldn’t be as vulnerable, but all three have been carrying a fever for the 14 days now. How does natural immunity work from variant to variant? If I understand correct, If I caught this seasons cold, I’m not immune to next seasons.

The initial strain, did not hit kids, this one(Delta) does seem to cause more infections in kids. I think the Spanish flu, did about the same thing, the first strain was hitting a different age group, than succeeding variants.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dapaga

originally posted by: marg6043

Now 14 days with fever I never heard of that, sounds like some kind of infection, perhaps some testing from the pediatrician should help find out what is going on.

Sounds more like they got Mono or Cytomegalovirus (CMV). A recurring fever every day for over two weeks is usually the main symptom.
Interesting to note, I’ll have to look more into those. I had mono as a kid and it wiped me out for a month.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Thanks, some other posters are saying information about how delta impacts kids more, which seems contrary to what the clinic you’ve linked states.

This a very good article from the Cleveland Clinic, in relation to covid in children.

“Generally speaking, children who become infected with COVID-19 have very mild symptoms if they have any of all. It’s been rare to see a child get very ill from COVID-19 regardless of the strain. So far, it does not appear that the delta strain has caused more severe illness in children even though it’s highly transmittable and much more contagious. But we certainly need to keep a close watch since this situation is constantly evolving.”

health.clevelandclinic.org...

Is been a while since my children were small but I remember persistent fever and usually was treated by antibiotics like you posted.

I hope they get over the infection soon,

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

How do we know this if we do not test for the strain? The common cold and flu also affect kids.

Oh good! The kids will all have natural immunity! What a gift! So glad they are doing well. After two weeks their immune systems should be kicking in. Next time, it will be ready or if it's years later, it will kick in within days, not two weeks.

Your choice to vax or not, but personally I wouldn't mess with their natural immunity.
I didn’t really feel the need to specify, but I’m referring to my sister, parents and her children. My wife and I are unvaxxed.

I was of the understanding kids shouldn’t be as vulnerable, but all three have been carrying a fever for the 14 days now. How does natural immunity work from variant to variant? If I understand correct, If I caught this seasons cold, I’m not immune to next seasons.

The initial strain, did not hit kids, this one(Delta) does seem to cause more infections in kids. I think the Spanish flu, did about the same thing, the first strain was hitting a different age group, than succeeding variants.

They do a secondary test, after an initial positive, the secondary test determines the variant.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Update, fevers have been gone for the past 48 hours for the little ones, now they are complaining about getting ready for school soon and wearing masks...

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   
And they don’t share that info with the patient, doctor, or hospital they were at. How odd... why would that be? It seems like people could make somethings up and run with misinformation that way don’t you think? Who DOES those results go to? Why hide that information?

They do a secondary test, after an initial positive, the secondary test determines the variant.

edit on 1-9-2021 by Neobucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlecHolland

"Covid is not a cold, this "cold" has killed millions around the world.

Shame on you. I hope you get it. my whole family has it right now, including diabetic mom and 80 year old grandparents, they seem like they have a bad cold, maybe a little more body aches though."

Did you just copy and paste the post two above yours then add a little more?
And how nice of both of you to wish ill upon others.
edit on 1-9-2021 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2021 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Source?
This is the first time I've heard this. I've not heard of a single person who knows what variant they have.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yeah , Billy wants your Kids Vaxxed too . He has wanted it for Over 10 Years Now ................(

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   

And they don’t share that info with the patient, doctor, or hospital they were at. How odd... why would that be? It seems like people could make somethings up and run with misinformation that way don’t you think? Who DOES those results go to? Why hide that information?

That information is not hidden where I live, so.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything

Source?
This is the first time I've heard this. I've not heard of a single person who knows what variant they have.

This in Canada, I don't know how you guys do it, or what difference it makes.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
0,006% of kids who get covid get severe outcome (in civilized countries....)

Beyond that, a Lancet PUBLISHED study from august showed that kids might take a little longer to recover (weeks, not months), but they seem to recover fully.

If you as a parent have a covid sick child or sick child for that matter, the best way to stoke anxiety and fear is constantly worrying and asking "are you ok?" "Are you sure you are ok...? "Are you really really sure you are ok?"

Not only does the excessive worrying show itself and raises questions in the kids mind, asking the same worrying question again and again also makes the child question its own ability to asses its own physical or mental well being.

If they talk about feeling down, its more likely from all the instability created by society the last 1.5 year. All the restrictions and lock downs.
Those have probably caused more distress and pain in kids than Covid has.

If they are unfased, but have a fever.... let it run ffs. Its a virus and should be treated like any other except if you or they get to the point where they dont even drink or eat. But dont expect thats the way its going to go, just because media and pharma managed to put fear in us.

The data says... dont worry, until necessary. Observ and stay calm. Then the kids will be fine, and enjoy natural immunity free from test vaccines.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Thanks, some other posters are saying information about how delta impacts kids more, which seems contrary to what the clinic you’ve linked states.

This a very good article from the Cleveland Clinic, in relation to covid in children.

“Generally speaking, children who become infected with COVID-19 have very mild symptoms if they have any of all. It’s been rare to see a child get very ill from COVID-19 regardless of the strain. So far, it does not appear that the delta strain has caused more severe illness in children even though it’s highly transmittable and much more contagious. But we certainly need to keep a close watch since this situation is constantly evolving.”

Is been a while since my children were small but I remember persistent fever and usually was treated by antibiotics like you posted.

Because.... vaccine sales. Pharma really doesnt give a # about health. They care about money. Go google how many new billionaires there were during covid in the pharma industry.
No mans contribution is by default worth billions, that is something they value themselves. And no one needs billions to live a decent life.
So that speaks volumes about those people.
Besides there will always be the problem that most CEOs fall heavilier on the sociopath spectrum...... hard to fix that.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It is where my family lives ... so. I call bull #. There’s no testing for variants, but they’ll tell you it’s some super scary new variant if your positive. Are you American? There’s no testing for variants.

Edit I see your Canadian.

That information is not hidden where I live, so.

edit on 2-9-2021 by Neobucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
So you think some posters here are working to sell vaccines?

originally posted by: flice

Because.... vaccine sales. Pharma really doesnt give a # about health. They care about money. Go google how many new billionaires there were during covid in the pharma industry.
No mans contribution is by default worth billions, that is something they value themselves. And no one needs billions to live a decent life.
So that speaks volumes about those people.
Besides there will always be the problem that most CEOs fall heavilier on the sociopath spectrum...... hard to fix that.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything

Source?

This in Canada, I don't know how you guys do it, or what difference it makes.

Well, it makes a difference because they sell each new variant as even MORE scary, MORE deadly, MORE MORE MORE!!!

Disingenuous fear mongering. Prove what I have is Delta Lamba Mu and maybe I grant some more credibility to the screeching (not directed at you or saying you are screeching, just that TPTB are losing traction so they have to ramp it up non-stop).

And it is getting tired.
edit on 2-9-2021 by SideEyeEverything because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join