It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian Woman Banned from Zoo After 4-Year 'Affair' with Chimpanzee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   
For the next chapter of wtf has gone wrong with the world we have the following: people.com...

"A Belgian zoo banned a local woman from visiting the park's chimpanzee exhibit due to her "affair" with one of the primates.

A chimpanzee named Chita arrived at the Antwerp Zoo 30 years ago. Over the past four years, Adie Timmermans has visited the primate every week, developing a close bond with the animal.

"I love that animal, and he loves me. I haven't got anything else. Why do they want to take that away," Timmermans said, per Newsweek. "We're having an affair, I'll just say.""

The problem I have with this , echoed in the article , is that once you start applying human traits to an animal then you are actually endangering that animal. For example people that feed bears in Yellowstone probably dont realize what the consequences of that cute interaction are.

I also would guess this person has had some frustrating relationships in their life and maybe this just filled a void.. I dont know but either way, it's something different.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Nothing surprises me these days.

I remember reading an article a few years back about a woman that fell in love with and wanted to marry a train station - A friggin TRAIN STATION mate!!!

I also remembered that humans are weird AF, which is why it's likely that the alienz just like observing and keeping their distance - like a zoo, coincidentally.....

I blame covid and isolation for her thang πŸ˜†- reminds me of the TV show The Goodies......

"Do, do, do the monkey gibbon" lol.

S&F because weird is good.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Bs, the apes are behind glass and trenches. The worst the woman can do is develop some sort of friendship.
Is that now illegal?
If the ape is really as interested in her as vice versa, sure, stop any kind of happiness in both of them interacting through a barrier.

Either the woman did other things, like trying to climb in etc, there is no reason to ban her.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Nah man, it was FUNKY gibbon... I think there was something in the drugs they took back then, though... lol

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Nah man, it was FUNKY gibbon... I think there was something in the drugs they took back then, though... lol

Google her name...

no need to ask questions.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This isn't how covid started is it I hope not, the implications ...well of course she could have been sarcastically joking.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I remember reading an article a few years back about a woman that fell in love with and wanted to marry a train station - A friggin TRAIN STATION mate!!!

Did she have a nice caboose?

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Uhhhmmm... πŸ™ˆ

There is no limit to the quantity and quality of strange which people are willing to commit to. Some of you are no doubt aware of this "object sexual" lady from the UK...

www.insideedition.com...

Chandalier is allegedly 90 years old... age ain't nothin but a number?

Also I reckon that train station has a thicc caboose...

πŸš‚πŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸšƒπŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Bs, the apes are behind glass and trenches. The worst the woman can do is develop some sort of friendship.
Is that now illegal?
If the ape is really as interested in her as vice versa, sure, stop any kind of happiness in both of them interacting through a barrier.

Either the woman did other things, like trying to climb in etc, there is no reason to ban her.

I agree with you, but it is quite odd if she was the one who first used the word 'Affair' to describe the relationship.

As per the norm these days, it does seem they have at least slightly twisted her words around. She apparently said the relationship was LIKE having an affair. That is a little different, but less sensational.

Timmermans described her interactions with Chita as a "real relationship" and said her bond with the chimpanzee was like "having an affair." The primate enthusiast also shared clips of herself pressed up against the glass of the monkey enclosure, "kissing" Chita through the glass and waving to him.

news.yahoo.com...

BUT it does seem the Zoo has a good reason, which is based on a legitimate concern for the chimp.

But Sarah Lafaut, an Antwerp Zoo spokeswoman who manages the zoo's mammal collection, said the ban was for the chimp's own good.

"When Chita is constantly surrounded by visitors, the other animals ignore him and don't consider him part of the group," Lafaut told ATV.

Lafaut added that as a result of Chita's interactions with Timmermans and other human visitors, he spent all his time outside the zoo's opening hours sitting in isolation, shunned by the rest of the primate troupe.

"An animal that is too focused on humans is less respected by its peers," Lafaut said.

For a split second, I thought that may have been Sharon Osbourne kissing Ozzy.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sounds like she would make a great candidate for working in the Biden administration...

new topics

top topics

join