It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department hit by cyber attack....

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This should be interesting to hear about. Apparently it happened a couple weeks ago and is believed to have been a "serious" breach, whatever that means.

Not much on it right now, but here is a link to the story. Should be a lot more coming out this week I would guess.

source

The State Department has been hit by a cyber attack, and notifications of a possible serious breach were made by the Department of Defense Cyber Command.

It is unclear when the breach was discovered, but it is believed to have happened a couple weeks ago. A source familiar tells Fox the State Department’s ongoing mission to evacuate Americans and allied refugees in Afghanistan “have not been affected”.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Interesting. Not sure if it's the source or not but in this case for legal reasons Breach would be capitalized. Wonder which third party firm, if any, they've employed to do response. I've got my suspicions on who the go to provider is, but I think I would have heard about it before now if that were the case. I'm willing to bet internal handling so far if it's actually occurred.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This should be interesting to hear about. Apparently it happened a couple weeks ago and is believed to have been a "serious" breach, whatever that means.

Not much on it right now, but here is a link to the story. Should be a lot more coming out this week I would guess.

source

The State Department has been hit by a cyber attack, and notifications of a possible serious breach were made by the Department of Defense Cyber Command.

It is unclear when the breach was discovered, but it is believed to have happened a couple weeks ago. A source familiar tells Fox the State Department’s ongoing mission to evacuate Americans and allied refugees in Afghanistan “have not been affected”.

All these cyber-attacks makes me wonder if they got a handle on this or not

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

taliban done gone high tech.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The State Department has been hit by a cyber attack, a possible serious breach was made by the Department of Defense Cyber Command.

There we go, and it only took two weeks to discover it.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It happened 2 weeks ago, as far as they what they are willing to tell us.
I guess I'll get the popcorn out and watch the festivities.
Between this, Afghanistan and COVID theater, this should be fascinating
to see play out.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Considering that the median time to detect is 24 days or so at this point 2 weeks makes sense. Used to be over a year 10 years ago, so they're getting better at detection.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

taliban done gone high tech.

Why not ?
They were handed the USA's best stuff to do it with .

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

source

All these cyber-attacks makes me wonder if they got a handle on this or not

Not.

Definitely Not.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

Interesting. Not sure if it's the source or not but in this case for legal reasons Breach would be capitalized. Wonder which third party firm, if any, they've employed to do response. I've got my suspicions on who the go to provider is, but I think I would have heard about it before now if that were the case. I'm willing to bet internal handling so far if it's actually occurred.

Interesting....you are one of the first posters I have read a post from that understands the meaning behind capitalization of words, in the legal sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Two weeks ago taliban captured it's first provincial capital.

Guessing taliban captured still logged in gear, or tortured someone to log into still functional gear.

Just musing though.

ETA:

When did JT reach out to hillary?

Did she send out passwords on bathroom server again?

edit on 22-8-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Wonder which third party firm

maybe CrowdStrike ?

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Good one, LMAO.

Indeed, when such a personage as the U.S. Secretary of State handles highly classified information in such a cavalier fashion, why should we care at all that Department of State was hacked?

Cheers

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I think the only time these Cyber attacks are worth paying attention to, is when they hit places that store credit card information (i.e. the big Target store attack/hack). And when they hit infrastructure, like the Oil company attack, a couple months ago.

Top government personnel freak out when their agencies are hacked/attacked, but that might be because they want to keep dark secrets hidden.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Good one, LMAO.

Indeed, when such a personage as the U.S. Secretary of State handles highly classified information in such a cavalier fashion, why should we care at all that Department of State was hacked?

Cheers

Just had one of those bad epiphanies.

The same people that allowed her to do both that &
Benghazi are now running the State dept without supervision again.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I think the only time these Cyber attacks are worth paying attention to, is when they hit places that store credit card information (i.e. the big Target store attack/hack). And when they hit infrastructure, like the Oil company attack, a couple months ago.

Top government personnel freak out when their agencies are hacked/attacked, but that might be because they want to keep dark secrets hidden.

Some casually leaked secrets got hundreds of innocent freedom loving patriots killed by ccp.

Some secrets must remain secret at any cost.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 03:25 AM
link   

We need a talented White-Hat hacker to obtain and publish the UFO secrets, and 2020 Election Theft information.

The National Security Agency (NSA) has it all. (When I was in the Navy, we'd send UFO comm data to the NSA...many years ago.)

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

We need a talented White-Hat hacker to obtain and publish the UFO secrets, and 2020 Election Theft information.

The National Security Agency (NSA) has it all. (When I was in the Navy, we'd send UFO comm data to the NSA...many years ago.)

Yes.

And time travel.

Make sure the hacker gets all their time travel technology.

posted on Aug, 22 2021 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I didn't know you were a vet.

Maybe I just forgot.

Thank you for your service!

posted on Aug, 23 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I deal with a lot of legal departments as a security consultant, my test for if documents go through legal review is to add a few ensure and shall's into a document. If they come back with no changes, I'll change them for the sake of the client and try and educate them on why those words shouldn't be used.

I spend so much time writing reports...

a reply to: Dr UAE

Crowdstrike or Mandiant would be my bets for third-party firms. There are a few others out there as well that could be brought in, but less likely.
edit on 8/23/21 by Hypntick because: Additional reply

top topics

join