It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the Dead as Fertilizer, Seriously

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Humans have a morbid fascination with the dead. So much so, that we've convinced ourselves that what we do with our dead is somehow normal and natural. There is nothing normal or natural about embalming dead bodies with chemicals to slow the process of decay and putting them in caskets and vaults also made to resist decay.

I agree. I am much more disturbed by the idea that my body could be forever trapped alone inside a small dark box.

Human Composting may sound appalling when you first hear of it, but if you actually think it about it, it just makes sense.

I'm not saying it I would want human fertilizer to be used on crops that I eat, but I like the thought that my body could be used as nutrients that help feed a growing tree.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles
We've been eating crops grown from human fertilizer for centuries. Billions of people have died all over this planet in wars, natural disasters, famine, pestilence and so on for millennia. We walk on their remains everyday, we just don't allow ourselves to think about it that way, but I get what you're saying.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Actually this seems like a good way to get rid of the bodies after death. Once the bodies are reduced to a liquid it should be pretty easy to strain out the poisons and heavy metals. Prions I hear are a b**** to destroy however. Known victims of a prion disease may need to be dealt with separately. Cremation and treating the ashes as toxic waste for a thousand years may be the only way to treat that.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Prions are just proteins that induce changes in other nearby molecules it interacts with.

Outside the human body, they are not hard to get rid of. In my humble opinion we could even design a molecule, that turns into whatever dissolves a prion, after the prion has interacted and done the modifications.

edit on 20.8.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Already been done: Bill to legalize human composting signed by Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

From the article: “ Rep. Pam Marsh, from in Southern Jackson County, who co-sponsored the bill with Rep. Brian Clem, said she decided to sponsor the bill because her constituents are interested in alternative after-death options. My colleagues could see as well that in addition to providing families with a choice, it also is a business opportunity,” she said.” [emphasis is mine]

Cool! So I guess that guy in that movie “Fargo” chipping folks in the wood chipper was an ‘entrepreneur’?

www.oregonlive.com...#:~:text=%20PORTLAND%20—%20Oregon% 20Gov.%20Kate%20Brown%20has,rules%20surrounding%20alkaline%20hydrolysis%2C%20known%20as%20aqua%20cremation.

edit on 20-8-2021 by Thoughtcrime because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2021 by Thoughtcrime because: Fixed the links?

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

They are durable little nasties though. But it does look like there are ways to get rid of them chemically. But at a 1000 degrees for a couple of hours does seem to carbonize them though. Bleach works but it's a bit toxic.

The trick there is going to be how to kill the prions and make the residue recyclable.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
As I have said elsewhere, being human does not mean we have to be efficient at everything we do.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join