It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: An Individual Soldier's Perspective Part 4-The Fall of Afghanistan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RookQueen

In other words, the only way to have a prayer of "winning" would be to basically glass the entire region and most everyone in it and rebuild it all from the ground up: culture and all.

And no one in the world has the stomach for that, and if a nation did, the rest would not.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thank you for your service, the awesome pics and your thoughts on this subject ProjectVXN and RookQueen.

God Bless all our troops 💙

edit on 15-8-2021 by KTemplar because: Typo

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RookQueen

I had the fortune of getting well trained Afghan commandos into and out of a lot of # along with other coalition units. I've seen the finest and some of the worst.

TK was often guarded by guys who spend their guard shifts asleep at their post. That was regular ANA most of which were recruited from the local area. I had a skewed view of the totality of the ANA when I was there because I worked with some of their best but often witnessed some of their worst.

The reality is that we had some of our worst leading us. Lazy, stupid, morons with banal imaginations. Idiots with a tax-payer guaranteed paycheck and no way to be effectively fired.

We went through 18 of these yes men moronic mother#ers and no one on the left or right ever questioned this-conflating "support the troops" with "support the military leadership." I hope we have learned to question these cynical morons in uniform. A cabal of tactical, Bushs, Pelosis, and Bidens with buzzcuts and a solid education in political maneuvering.

Nothing is over. The geopolitical landscape is about to shift underneath us. We have no effective leadership in Washington and our enemies know this. We should be getting ready for an attack of debilitating proportions right now.

Edit:

Everything traces back to leadership willing to lie to stay in the game and enrich their friends in DynCorp and Haliburton among many others. Maybe now I'll stop getting contract offers from some of these assholes.
edit on 8 15 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

So much blood and agony. All for nothing.

Well, not nothing. Some folks got extremely wealthy and they happen to have held government office at some point.

It's no surprise that we were sold out years ago, whats surprising and sad is how cheap.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is so sad and I believe you. It is like all the organitations that we have spoke abot latelu ie,:heath care (on statelevels& Up to the top),k-12 educational institutes, news oulets colleges.......the list goes on!

edit on R20212021kQ000000America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago8 by RookQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
by glass do you mean isolate? or something else?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: RookQueen
a reply to: ketsuko
by glass do you mean isolate? or something else?

No we mean nuclear fire that turns the sand to glass.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Video posted today:

Hopefully those of you who watch will understand why I'm saying the things I'm saying.
edit on 8 16 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I know you aren't plying for sympathy here brother, but I have to say I am sorry for you and all of your comrades that had to experience this catastrophic betrayal of not only our men and women in the military, but also of every loyal citizen across this nation.

I served in the USAF during the Vietnam era and I never could muster a sense of patriotic loyalty to that war. Deep inside me, I just had the unsettling sensations that we had no business even being in that tiny nation, killing and ravaging a land that had not seen peace for generations. And there we were, prolonging their suffering.
I never could get behind this Afghan war as well. I did support going after Bin laden and his terrorist, according to our politicians but patriots as far as their nations are concerned, organization, but strongly felt we should have gotten out of there once that was accomplished. Third world nation building doesn't work. As for me, we have not been justified in prosecuting any of the conflicts we have been involved in since our nation's inception other than the great wars of the early and mid 20th century. The sad truth is that our military has been used as the strong arm of capitalism since our inception and the sooner our fighting age citizens realize this truth the sooner they will begin to say no, not me, I won't go fight, kill or be killed just for the sake of someone's insatiable greed.

I suspected this cowardly exit would infuriate many of the veterans of that war and leave an unsavory taste in their mouths. I have a nephew that flew Blackhawks in both Afghanistan and Iraq. He is out now and getting ready to fly again for the National Guard. I haven't spoken with him lately and am wondering how he is taking this. I wish he would stay as far away from the military as he could possibly get but he enjoys flying too much.

I love the United States of America and our Republic but I have no loyalty to our elected government anymore. We are being governed by liars and thieves. This being said, I expect a knock on my door any day now.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   

A political opinion of a former soldier is acceptable but it was the will of the people.
Trump acknowledged the high cost and little to no progress of a forever war and the decision has been made. Period. You'll probably get a different shooting range soon.
Your job was to destroy the living force of the enemy and you did. It was done by wasting tons of ammo and lots of million dollar missiles. Look at them now and tell us with a straight face that you did a good job and a difference.
It was like running another state. People have had enough of this BS. Some of us knew it was fake, false flag war since the beginning. Your job required to ignore all of that and follow orders. Now you follow another order. If you dont like that stupid job of being a pawn leave the babylon like the rest of us

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

now that you are good and pissed off, what can we do? We can't go anywhere gunz blazing, flag waving. That would make us terrorists. We need leadership. The kind that know the things you know, the kind that understands the cost of a human life, and gives a # about the same. We need YOU and those like you to get involved in politics and change the landscape.

I agree, if we could, a big eraser is what's needed, scrap the entire system, and build it back as it was originally intended to be. Before the greed took effect. I'm just one guy, what can I do? I can support you and those like you. And there are more of me out there. We don't need to suffer with pride if we can lead with integrity.

great OP and vid.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I don't need your lectures and I-told-you-so BS.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Thank you Yuppa!

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
A few years ago I read a couple of articles about the increase in smoking weed. Not the weed from my day but this new genetically modified s**t (Dank as Kush or loud) No weed is a downer by nature. I came across these articles trying to find something to help with my buddy's son who had started smoking, What I ended up finding was a couple article on the premature growth of the brain. As of 2016 the brain was not maturing until between the ages of 24 and 30.
I haven't talked a lot about this but I do wonder it the voting age should be raised and the enlistment age as well. Let them enlist to teach a plethora of things before engaging the brain before it has matured........just a thought.

Use Duck Duck Go and search for your selves you will find very little on the other search engines.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

From my secluded reality, it would appear you're not alone in your veteran perspective.

Vets I know, follow on some other forms of media and higher profile are in unison tearing down the Biden admin over this.

Its quite peculiar and I'm curious what this looks like going forward.

Just when I thought we couldn't be separated along any more arbitrary lines.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 03:48 AM
link   

*I feel the same way my man, and I remember the conversation that you and I and others had when you had made the decision you were going to enlist and which branch to go.

You did a good job bud, we were (all of us enlisted ) were let down and discarded.......

This should be a warning signal to ANYONE looking to enlist.......

I got out of the Marines in 07 and theres no way i would reenlist now I lost way too many friends in the mountains of Afghanistan
edit on 8/18/2021 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Am I the only one that remembers how the Taliban was defeated in a matter of days in 2001, with no boots on the ground?

i.cnn.net...
(I can't figure out ATS image posting)

Couldn't they have just left it like that??? What was the point of all this "Train and equip the Afgan National Army"? If the Northern Alliance had already conquered the country, just leave them in charge. That's how conquering works.

After 20 years of US occupation the Taliban have now retaken the country as fast as they lost it, taken more territory than they had before, got a massive amount of equipment and infrastructure, and won a huge PR victory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join