It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did I see? Bat? Owl? Mothman? Drone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So, last night, my g/f and I were camping in the mountains in the Western VA mountains, and since it was a moonless night, wandered over to an open area to look at the stars and try to spot the Milky Way.

Anyway, so after we're out there about 20 minutes, I briefly spot *something* out of the corner of my eye, and I tracked it as it disappeared over some tall trees.

I kinda blurted out "What the f*#& was that??" and my girlfriend didn't say anything at first, then said "I saw it, too"

And I said "Am I just seeing things? Did you see what color it was?"

And she said "Green, it was glowing green."

Which is exactly what I saw - it appeared to maybe have wings - not flopping - it was silent - not even a rush of wind. And if it was at tree height, it was probably no more than 4 or 5 feet long, and traveling at perhaps 50 miles an hour. (just a guess to give some perspective.) And it had a dim green glow (not nav lights - the whole thing was glowing) and very much like some glow-in-the-dark toy.

Of course, it could have been much higher - which would've made it much bigger / faster.

She saw it again - I didn't - she thought it was some kind of drone.

If it was a drone - it was very high - b/c as I said, completely silent, and if up high, then very, very fast. And it was daark and late at night - that's no hobbyist drove, that's like military. And there were no nav lights or strobes, just that weird glow.

Sorry, it happened super-fast so no pics.

(I confess, I did say "Mothman, is that you?" as a joke)

I'd have just said "huge bat" or a big owl - but that glow was weird and inexplicable, and I can't really come up with a theory on why an owl would glow green. We saw small bats and such, nothing else glowed.

So, anyone ever see anything like this?

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: squittles
I'd have just said "huge bat" or a big owl - but that glow was weird and inexplicable, and I can't really come up with a theory on why an owl would glow green.

I've had all kinds of paranormal encounters and sightings, so as far as I'm concerned you very well may have seen some glowing bat-beast thing. If you're looking for a more "normal" explanation though, I know there are some bioluminescent fungi. I have no idea if those would exist around western VA or if a bat could somehow become covered in it, but it's a thought.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I don’t know but it reminded me of project green glow

It glows green and it looks like a bat lol *shrugs*
www.inverse.com...

Here is a really good documentary about project green glow
www.documentarymania.com...
edit on 31-7-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: squittles

That's very interesting. There is some very eerie stuff in the woods and mountains of Appalachia, from the deep south all the way up to New York.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

When I first read this thread op,I looked up about the mountains in
Virginia.A lot of strange things do happen in that mountain range.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well that sounds like an encounter. That's for sure. I'm pretty flummoxed. Maybe someone was painting flying squirrels with glow in the dark paint for research? I'm assuming if you could see the milky way, you were out there. So a civilian drone doesnt make a ton of sense. Unless maybe the have nightvision on em now. But I feel it's a stretch either way.
Other than that, I'd say you saw something odd. But as another poster said, there's some eerie things in those mountains. I've spent an extensive amount of time in your counterpart up here in NY. Needless to say I've seen and heard some things....

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: squittles

I’ve seen a school of glowing green orbs. Basketball size. They flew without wings. Just perfect glowing green orbs floating across my back yard. Scariest thing I’ve ever seen.

top topics

join