It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook will let users become 'Experts' to cut down on misinformation.(to avoid responsibility)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The complete Article Title:
"Facebook will let users become 'experts' to cut down on misinformation. It's another attempt to avoid responsibility for harmful content. "

There's been at least a couple threads recently about the Government 'cracking down' on supposed misinformation.

ATS: WH PressSec Will Start Asking SM Platforms Like FB to flag for Posts spreads disinformation on Vax

ATS: Surgeon general warns misinformation an 'urgent threat' to public health

The Government of course is trying to keep their hands somewhat clean by having the Social Media sites do their dirty work for them.

Apparently, Facebook is also wanting to pawn off the dirty work onto it's users,

BUT who are these 'Experts' going to be? This may or may not be the solution the White House was looking for. I honestly don't know. I don't use Facebook. But according to this article, these 'Experts' may not be the type of people who will push the Government's preferred version of the truth. If that's the case, then this plan 'may not last long, but I'm sure they'll find a way to quiet down any of the groups who may be speaking the 'wrong things' too loudly..

The company said this week that it would let the administrators in its groups appoint users as "experts."

That means the people who run the online communities - which are comprised of everything from housing opportunities to dogs to extremists - will choose people within those groups to become an authoritative voice that others can rely on, an initiative partly designed to stamp out misinformation.

So, for example, an admin of a group devoted to conspiracy theories or white supremacy could designate someone within that space to be an expert, whose posts will be amplified and upon whom others would trust.

it could have negative consequences if the platform is empowering certain users of online pockets that are devoted to misinformation-breeding topics.

Facebook put a larger focus on groups after the 2016 presidential election when the company really started fielding backlash over how misinformation spreads on its platform.

So CEO Mark Zuckerberg attempted to shift attention from Facebook's News Feed and to its groups to "help connect one billion people with meaningful communities."

But issues have arisen from the feature, and Facebook has removed some groups that it said risked incitement of violence.

Facebook said in its announcement that there are more than 70 million admins and moderators operating active groups around the globe.

Moderating that much content is no easy feat, but Facebook's experts tool shows that it still hasn't found an accountable solution to how false facts can spread like weeds on its site.

same article can also be found
newsnationusa.com... nsibility-for-harmful-content/
&
usa-today-news.com... for-harmful-content/

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Silence of free speech is dead in America. Experts, funny, no one is an expert in their field of expertise, just ask any martial artist that is 80 years old.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Here was my post. I posted it to see if it would get fact checked. it did.

If you have had Covid and got over it, you likely have the antibodies. If you have the antibodies, you don't need the vaccine. Or is this virus totally different than all the viruses before? Why are we being pushed to hard to get the shot, and not tested for antibodies first?

Clown World

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm sure that's true, but I bet if you asked some 25 year olds, they'll tell you that they are definitely experts.lol

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You mean you posted that on Facebook?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

I'm sure that's true, but I bet if you asked some 25 year olds, they'll tell you that they are definitely experts.lol

I've been fortunate to have study both judo and two style of karate here in Okinawa and Japan. Yes, experts exist till another expert comes along. Both have the qualities of sharing what they have learned. Its a growing process of learning, so how can someone truly be an expert... I don't know. I guess when you become an instructor of your trade, one can say they have the qualifications of being " experienced ", but expert... I'll close my discussion here and look at the calluses and dislocated blood veins on my knuckles now.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I was just watching a video recently, a few days ago, but it was something about Karate myths... One of the things mentioned was that... I can't remember exactly, but that in Japan, the black belt is where you begin or something like that, whereas many Americans think that's the top level.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yes. I almost never post anything, but I wanted to see if they would tag it. They did.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Propaganda Galore 😄

Facebook is now Facegov 😄

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Fakebook can "qualify" their "experts" and then all users have to fall in line and never question anyone ever again. Or else?

Dystopian doesn't seem strong enough here.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Today President Biden reiterated his claim that, "Facebook is killing people".

Source: twitter.com...

If Facebook is a serial killer, how can the USA stop the murdering spree?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Am personally currently a self-accredited, self-appointed, self-credentialed, self-promoted, self-acclaimed, self-considered, self-financed, self-elevated, selfless humble and modest servant, due to me being an Internationally unknown Internet Expertâ„¢ on Nothin.

Don't know nothin, but have an answer for everything...

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Just a reminder. . . . .

Free speech was designed to protect hateful speech, ugly speech, even misleading speech.

Free speech was never meant to to protect polite, politically correct speech.

join