It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix super good fun time service

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Stupid rant maybe, but this more than 70 page Netflix contract got to me. So I called em. Described how I spent waaaay to much time perusing the legal details. I asked if I could speak to the legal department because their terns are in direct conflict with copyright laws right here in my home state.

Can you just forward me to legal? "No, they dont have a number." No phones there, eh? Multi billion dollar corporation, couldn't spring for a phone? I'm on the phone with you now. Can I have a chat with your boss? "I dont have a number for my boss".

Now I'm wondering how I've never managed to skip out on a boss's number.

"You can go online and find the number." I did. It called you. Can you just give me the next number? I got a matchbook and a pen right here. "There is no number." Christ, job security must be good there.

Just. Wow.

BTW I kept apologizing and trying to be nice, and she hung up on me. So so glad I cancelled netflix. Also edit: this was a 15 minute runaround of only this information. Exhausting.

ETAA: Yes, I'm the guy who will absolutely call you instead of some email autoreply crap.
edit on 8-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

You should call back and ask for their E-mail contacts. See if she has the balls to tell you that they don't have those either.

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

You should call back and ask for their E-mail contacts. See if she has the balls to tell you that they don't have those either.

If you read their user agreement, this is actually quite difficult to do.

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Really? My god they got all these bases covered. With Boolshiat. 0_o

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Really? My god they got all these bases covered. With Boolshiat. 0_o

Lol I guess my legal team may be outmatched.
Never take a punch without swinging back, man.

ETA: unless you're french, of course. I kid

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not all heroes wear capes. I salute you, sir.

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Battling windmills far bigger than just Netflix.

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

And this is why....

Ahoy matey!
Yo ho it's a pirate's life for me..

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Why would a team of lawyers take customer service calls?

If you think they are breaking laws in your country customer service is probably not the best approach to get more info.

Also, they are a corporation who has covered there based so I'm sure your county laws aren't a concern to the corporation..

Edit auto correct
edit on bThursday202115b by Infinitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A corporations worst nightmare. The person who actually reads the T&Cs and wants to discuss it! Lol too funny.

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
well as we always say at work, and what i always do at home in serious times of financial # with big corps, i always try to find a number and call them too.

btw what's your age?

this is not an asl question lol

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Reminds me of the South Park with Apple about the Humancentipad

gross

a reply to: SuicideKing33

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
I asked if I could speak to the legal department because their terns are in direct conflict with copyright laws right here in my home state.

Maybe your state Attorney General would have better luck.

Drop him or her a line informing of the violation of your state law. Who knows...maybe they'll tilt at the windmill for ya

posted on Jul, 8 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

Why would a team of lawyers take customer service calls?

If you think they are breaking laws in your country customer service is probably not the best approach to get more info.

Also, they are a corporation who has covered there based so I'm sure your county laws aren't a concern to the corporation..

Edit auto correct

It was more of a call to clarify the T&Cs. Which they refused. They then subsequently refused to have any contact with anyone they work with, not even their own superior. Saying phone numbers for them don't exist, so I should try finding them online, which is an absurd oxymoron.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   

It is overtly obvious that they were bs'ing you trying to dodge your enquiry. You would have to wonder what happened to "If you did nothing wrong you have nothing to hide". People trying to defend big leftist corporations are usually the sort of people who say such things.

of course once you apply that to them or the ones that support them that goes out the window.

new topics

top topics

join