It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Ransomware Attack May Impact Thousands of Victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hmm... what a coincidence that this is taking place this week?

edit on 4-7-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
I lost a drive once to a malicious invasion. And I mean once. I bought an inexpensive 2TB external drive and use EaseUS Todo software for backups. One full backup, then incremental after that on a regular schedule.

If you want to be safe and not lose your data, your OS, anything, its easy enough and cheap enough to do. My external drive, Seagate 2TB SD, was about $60. This is just personal use, not enterprise, but still. If it matters, its worth protecting. And individuals get hit with ransomware too.

Plug it into a USB, run the backup, unplug, done.

A reasonable solution for soho following other basics, but please call an expert before attaching your backup to restore or you may also lose the backup.

Sometimes not as easy as you might think.

Also might want to save occasional full backups on a separate device for longer periods due to some remaining zero day vulnerabilities.

Meaning: make additional copies of irreplaceable stuff and store it elsewhere (fire, hurricane, etc)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Did a few years at an MSP and SMEs were mostly blasee about security until they took a hit. Its amusing how those that pleaded poverty and or ignorance suddenly develop deep pockets once attacked.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

I heard from a nerd that quantum computing will essentially destroy crypto due to the fact that quantum computing will render almost all current encryption methods moot and breakable.

Any truth behind that?

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

I love how under Trump everything was Russian and you couldn't say anything to the contrary. Now under Biden nothing is Russia's fault, and they get sanctions removed .. but MSM and Democrats will tell you Biden is tough on Russia unlike Trump who kept the sanctions up.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I think its going to be far worst, far worst

One little wobble in the supply chains and tens of millions are starving to death, famine, are world is so so much more fragile now than it was back in the 1900s, we rely so much more on technology which remains unfortunately positioned on that hill top.... by that i mean the "new high ground" of warfare

When that exchange, that hot kinetic war takes place... and those satellites are targeted... the debris will likely destroy dozens of other satellites as others are being targeted

And when that happens were back in the stone age

high altitude long endurance drone networks will be required, and as of now only the military has that technology, and for the most part would be used by and for the military only

It makes me wonder why we continue to build on a foundation that is so fragile.

We got this far, maybe it is time to take a break, before our Tower of Babel, sinks into the sand.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   
First get rid of micros**t it will never be a safe OS due to outside systems being able to put corrupt software in it without users permission.
Use VM ware to protect your data.

I use Linux with Windows VM, and my computers have only had malware hit the VM side and never cross over to my Linux side. And I only run Linux antivirus (Clam Antivirus)that is built into Linux and never use paid for antivirus programs.
I scan all downloads with Clam Antivirus before opening them.

I have three Linux mint laptops with cloned hard drives.
I change laptops every day just to charge batteries and update passwords and programs.
If one goes down, I can be back on line in less than 5 minutes.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Exactly the problem. No encryption is safe. They will move to quantum entanglement, but the problem is that the world is built on legacy systems. You need quantum to do quantum entanglement. Perhaps gateway devices will become quantum. But you passwords, forget it. Now we are told that 16 character passwords are being popped left and right and to use passphrases, etc longer is better.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
BTW, there is 2-factor authentication where they send a text or email a code to enter besides passwords. What has been happening is a hacker group will investigate you beforehand. Your cell service suddenly goes down and what they do is clone your phone, shut your service off and use their cell to get your 2-factor authentication code.

So, if your phone service suddenly quits, check your service and accounts just to be sure you are not being taken down by a criminal group. It's a brave new world out there!

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Russian hackers want 70 million dollars. Will Biden give it to them?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

Depends.

Were the targets on the list that joe gave putin?

Maybe joe is paying off his debt to russians using taxpayer money by allowing russian mob to 'hack' anything not on his list and have taxpayers pay ransom?

Is this really such a crazy theory, coming from the same joe that bragged about getting a prosecutor fired for looking into russian-ukranian-hunter corruption?

And kickbacks to pops?

Fake ballot joe did study under pallets of cash obama and uranium to russia hillary.

Complete speculation of course.

Democrats would never do anything like that, right?

edit on 5-7-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O
Hmm... what a coincidence that this is taking place this week?

Thread here about that mate and the WEF's member list does make for some interesting reading.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Thanks.

Will be sure to have a read.

edit on 5-7-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Wow that’s pretty frightening.
Well I’ve been trying to tell people here communism is not a nice thing and this is not even the communism of Mao and Stalin .... and millions were killed during those dictatorships. I’m sure even Orwell dud not predict this type of offensive.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We are missing whos waging war and who war is being waged against. It’s not national vs nations. It’s a global network vs humanity.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Playing devs advocate here… but

Appear weak when you’re strong

What if Biden and Trump are on the same team

It's one thing to "appear weak."

It's another thing to be senile and slipping daily deeper into dementia.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: carewemust

mobile.twitter.com...

Depends.

Were the targets on the list that joe gave putin?

Maybe joe is paying off his debt to russians using taxpayer money by allowing russian mob to 'hack' anything not on his list and have taxpayers pay ransom?

Is this really such a crazy theory, coming from the same joe that bragged about getting a prosecutor fired for looking into russian-ukranian-hunter corruption?

And kickbacks to pops?

Fake ballot joe did study under pallets of cash obama and uranium to russia hillary.

Complete speculation of course.

Democrats would never do anything like that, right?

To keep his ratings from going even further down the toilet, Joe Biden might just pay the $70 million. He's been on the other side, threatening the Ukraine President, so Joe understands the ins-and-outs of the extortion racket.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join