It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US companies targeted in Russian-linked cyber-attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

I've seen it too. My guess is they are clearing out the holes that exist, just due to the systemic way that these hacks have been happening...but who knows? You can't always fix stupid...but I guess you can do your best to protect stupid from malevolent.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

America has become a bunch of snowflakes who whine about everything . This country could not win a war against the Girl Scouts .

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Bull turds , nothing left to say .

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuserdefined

Hey, without stupid I would be out of a job.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I also see the same fingerprint...

Its like a never ending game of stupid. Yes, this was hacked 20 years ago...Its not novel, you just used a different language that used the same hole in the same underlying language that existed always when it was hacked 20 years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

It wouldn't just be Unit 8200 that's involved in the creation of that one or Stuxnet

Naturally: Unit 8200 > NSA > possibly GCHQ? Not sure what the status is between the NSA and GCHQ these days, but they used to be closely knit.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is from the USA, no doubt about it, do you see which states have mainly been hit by this "Russian" hacking group??? Yep inside job alright, a signature Brennan crap hit job. We all know so just stooooppppp with the Russia Russia Russia propaganda.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
When we have a weak President and a an entire Democrat system that basically used Russia as a boogeyman, what did y'all expect?

Russia clealry doesn't respect the power that's in control and is clearly bulldozing the tepid responses by this Administration.

This happened under Trump as well, just nowhere near as bad because Trump meant business.

The foriegn powers know this admin is a sham, why we're getting hit up in our tech industry.

Well Biden was nice enough to supply a list for the hackers. He basically told them what is critical to the United States and expects the Russians to say ok. See Russia denies its involvement with the hackers even though they are because nothing happens in Russia without permission. But Biden's stupidity puts Russia into a spot if they leave this stuff off-limits then they are admitting they control them. If they allow them to attack then they can claim they don't. So Biden effectively made sure the Russians had to continue with their cyber attacks.

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

As for the good ones never being properly identified, they would have to be better than anything I've ever seen

Check out the DUQU malware, allegedly created by Unit 8200, some seriously advanced coding which involved multiple zero day exploits. There's the point on hacking and cyber security, it's ever evolving, regardless of whether it's criminal or state-sponsored, the minute the hack is known, the source code can be obtained and built upon

I should've also mentioned Pegasus, and yes Israel will sell the code to the highest bidder, regardless of how they use it:

A leaked list of over 50,000 phone numbers is believed to include targets marked by clients of Israeli surveillance firm NSO Group for hacking. Some of the phones were reportedly infected with its flagship malware, Pegasus.

www.rt.com...
edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join