It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus fulfill all the prophecies of the Messiah?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I believe he did/will, but the will is the part that is in question now, it will be fulfilled when he returns. However, I can not provide the start of the debate as it is your job to prove that he didn't. So, I would love to have a debate that involves christians vs. non-christians on this subject manner, or if you wanna join the christians side and aren't christian that is fine too.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Jesus fulfilled some of the prophecies. The future ones are supposed to be in the second coming. He's supposed to take away believers in the rapture. Then those left behind go through a tribulation. Then when that's over he comes again and rules the world for a thousand years in peace.

I'm not a christian, was raised one thoough.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
no i understand that, lol. This isn't about informing me on what Jesus did or not, i totally understand that. This is about us debating whether or not he did complete everything.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
No prophecies were fulfilled unless you call building a story around previous prophecies, and quoting said verses, as proof of such. They do not even jive when measured against the NT context.

The Christian belief of Jesus is taken from the testament of the Hebrew Bible, where, when it serves the purpose, same is quoted as evidence of Jesus, yet it totally dismisses the evidentiary aspect of the prophecies of same that the Jewish Messiah would be that of a warrior freeing them from all future enslavement/servitude/bondage/rule, and not anything as perverted as the Christian text has made it out to be. All done in order to replace the messiah as expected with the "saviour." How can Jews by partisan theological standards, have been so right for 3,760 years and so wrong with that one aspect? Simply put in context of religion, they could not.

The proof that the messiah was not fulfilled is staring us in our faces, for obviously, while the Christian redactors found it necessary to call for a future appearance of the saviour to finally save or utterly destroy mankind, since the last such preached visit amounted to a fizzle, such was not represented in the OT, de facto messiah or not.

My signature quoting the OT speaks for itself in this regard. GOD is boss, and there are no words man can concoct to obviate his quintessential majesty, not in the OT, NT or seminal council of bipedal politicians cum evangelists.

[edit on 3/23/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a) Prophecies by content ........

The prophets wrote that the Messiah would have two natures: a human (Gen. 3:15, Is. 7:14, Gen. 22:18, Ps. 41:7, Dan. 7:13) and a Godly (Ps. 2; Ps., 45; Ps, 110; Is. 9:6; Jer. 23:5; Bar. 3:36-38; Mic. 5:2; Mal. 3:1), that He would be the greatest prophet (Deut. 18:18); king (Gen. 49:10; 2 Samuel 7:13; 1 Chron. 17:12-13; Ps. 2, Ps. 132:11, Ez. 37:24; Dan. 7:13) and High Priest (Ps. 110; Zach. 6:12), anointed by God (the Father) for these duties (Ps. 2, Ps. 45; Is. 42; Is. 61:1-4; Dan. 9:24-27), and will be a kind Shepherd (Ez. 34:23-24, 37:24; Mic. 5:3).

there are heaps more....
www.orthodoxphotos.com...

hope that helps....
helen...

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Did Jesus fulfill all the prophecies of the Messiah?

I'd have to say NO. Jesus was a mortal prophet and, therefore, not the Messiah. Christianity was falsely based on Jesus as Messiah for evil purposes. Most of the New testament was written to help make the lie believable. Kind of like the Warren Commission's report on the Kennedy assassination.....

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
as far as i have seen jesus did furfill all of the prophicies, with of course the exception of the ones slated for the end of days for obvious reasons. i don't see that the new testimant was a lie, but i guess each to their own.

as for someone mentioning the jews being so right. yeah ok then why did the jews so continuasely piss off god enough to have them driven out of their land? and why were so many prophits needed to turn them back to the propper path?

we have also seen one false prohit of note that being a man called mohomad.

and now this new guy with the chuch to unify all churches. which seems centered around eastern mysteries.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

as for someone mentioning the jews being so right. yeah ok then why did the jews so continuasely piss off god enough to have them driven out of their land?

Is this fact or fiction? Did God drive them out of their land or was it their neighbors?? Does anyone remember that Jesus was a Jew??

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
I believe he did/will,

He did not lead the jews in military revolt against the Romans, thro them out, and establish a new temporal jewish kingdom. Jesus as christ is fundamentally different from the jewish portrayal of the messiah. So no, he didnt' fufil the primary prophecy of the messiah. Infact, after jesus, the jewish state is practically destroyed and the romans dispersed the jews all over the world.

So, I would love to have a debate that involves christians vs. non-christians

Why would one's being a christian matter? Surely a person can be a christian and think that jesus didn't fufil all the jewish prophecies about the messiah.

helen670
The prophets wrote that the Messiah would have two natures: a human and a Godly

Does jesus pass this test? From what I understand the orthodoxic church and RCC had great debates over the multiple natures/aspects of christ.

that He would be the greatest prophet

How can the son of god be a prophet? What about his prophesies was great? Which came true? I'd agree that the 'rebuild the temple' one is good enough for comming true. But whats so great about that?

anointed by God (the Father) for these duties

When was jesus annointed by god? By john the baptist? Not quite what I think they had in mind, but perhaps thats good enough.

and will be a kind Shepherd

He was a carpenter.

king

Jesus was never made king.

drogo
then why did the jews so continuasely piss off god enough to have them driven out of their land?

So Caesar is god? Because the romans were the ones who dispersed the jews. And, of course, they weren't all driven off.

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Nygdan]

new topics

top topics

join