It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal of Pride flag from Bexar County (SA,TX) Being Contested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Good morning.

A Bexar County judge was forced to remove her pride flag and other pro-pride items from her court room by the state of Texas in 2019. Today, she feels targeted, concerned that pride flags have not been challenged in other TX courtrooms.

www.ksat.com...

(Please say in your internal Dwight Schrute voice) QUESTION: Does a judge with a pride flag in their court raise concern for judicial bias?

For a speeding ticket?

What about in a criminal case in which the defendant is accused of infringing on a non-hetero's rights?

To me, heck yes it implies bias. An SATX attorney should not have had to even been the one to raise the issue, in Bexar Co. or anywhere else in TX. The only flags in the court room should be US flag and the state flag, demonstrating the only two allegiances the judge should have...to the law of the land and of the state. There should be no question.

Heaven forbid I'm in front of a judge, I want at least the illusion of impartiality. Heck, even as a retired military guy, I can even see how a POW-MIA flag could potentially infer bias, favorable or unfavorable, if a military or prior service member is involved in a case. So I certainly don't want a BLM, pride, rebel, or any other "cause" flag up there. Keep it at home.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What are the odds of her being fair and impartial when reviewing cases?
I'd say slim and none. (And slim was just seen leaving town.)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's hard to find anyone who isn't extremely biased anymore, You have idiots of all types on all sides of the spectrum who only believe something because whatever flavor of MSM propaganda they prefer all are flawed and the social constructs being taught to our indoctrinated youth have nothing to do with academics. I am a vegan for instance, I do not go parading around exclaiming that and the only reason my family even caught on was due to repeated Thanksgiving dinners of beans and rice, they gave me crap and I told them it was nobody business what anyone eats and the discussion was over.

The issue arises when people feel the NEED to stand out and exclaim Look at me I am special and better than you because of so and so.

Racism and social issues only exist because people bring such up every chance they get, I know many gay and lesbian people and I treat them no differently than anyone else. Nobody deserves any extra rights based upon race, sex, religion, orientation, etc and if a person were to place a confederate flag in such a situation their would be an uproar with most calling it racist.... Yet if it were a BLM flag it would be praiseworthy.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: davegazi2

a court room is not a place for activism.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

What are the odds of her being fair and impartial when reviewing cases?
I'd say slim and none. (And slim was just seen leaving town.)

And that's the major concern. Though any flag is just colored fabric, those colors and that fabric end up having intense meaning. Throughout history, much heroism and much heinous has been done for a flag. It's concerning.

I hope this judge's appeal fails and the Texas judicial system doesn't leave it to counsel in every individual court to have to dispute ideology type flags removed. Never should have been there in the first place.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What did the "pride" flag symbolize? Proud of what?

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Mm-hmm...and this isn't a bias to make such proclamations of what you back on the clock from a personal standpoint? A courtroom clock, no less.

Let's cut right to the chase before some nitwit defends her.
It's a courtroom, not your teenage years bedroom, your cheaply decorated living room, or the rec room in basement. Other than federal and state flags, NOTHING ELSE belongs in or needs displayed in a courtroom, not even a Barbie flag.
edit on 6/8/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
People seem to enjoy flying flags as much as they enjoy being offended by them these days.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The flag was a clear statement of her bias. Not only should the flag be removed but she should be removed from the judiciary.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

She should lose her seat to be quite honest. Once the cat is out of the bag its out. If I was defending a client I would ask for a retrial even after its taken down on the grounds she might not be impartial. If I was prosecuting I would be doing the same. Judges have lost their seat for similar too...
edit on 8-6-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

Nor is the sports field. If people would just realize their causes might be better accepted if they were brought up in the proper forum. Time and place.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Something I would be concerned about. This judge claims there are other courtrooms in TX that do have gay pride flags up.

Why are there gay pride flags in any TX courtroom if they are telling her not to have one up?

Laws should be uniform and equally applied.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Cause apparently no one sued yet and these judges think they can do whatever they want. The only flags that should be in a court room are the US flag and the state flag of the state the court is in...if its not a federal court.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I agree with your sentiments there. But it looks like to me not that this is a very obscure law if it's even a law and something that wouldn't be enforced unless somebody raised a stink about it.

So stink raised. Immediate order should go out that nothing but US and Tx state flags and memorabilia allowed in courtrooms. Nothing related to political or other kinds of speech or advocacy. And this judge should be told as well that she should recuse herself in any case that involves gay issues as it's clear that she cannot be impartial in such a case.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

In the event of this being a serious question, the "pride" flag is the rainbow flag non-heteros (so much easier to type than the constantly expanding LGB acronym soup and mostly captures all of it as a pretty straight forward term) use as their symbol.
en.m.wikipedia.org...(LGBT)

If question is not of a serious nature, I've just demonstrated what a complete moron I am. lol

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: davegazi2

originally posted by: carewemust

In the event of this being a serious question, the "pride" flag is the rainbow flag non-heteros (so much easier to type than the constantly expanding LGB acronym soup and mostly captures all of it as a pretty straight forward term) use as their symbol.
en.m.wikipedia.org...(LGBT)

If question is not of a serious nature, I've just demonstrated what a complete moron I am. lol

Thank-you for the thoughtful response. PRIDE is such a generalization, I was wondering what she was proud of.

On the TV news, they mentioned June is "Pride" month.

Literally, "pride" month should be for those who are PROUD of something, to talk about it, or display it.

I'm proud of my son for graduating college...so I'm making June a month to display the PRIDE I have for his achievement.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: subfab

Nor is the sports field. If people would just realize their causes might be better accepted if they were brought up in the proper forum. Time and place.

i agree.
i just about stopped watching all sports. if i want to hear about politics, i log into ATS.
i have one exception to my sports watching though....... i still enjoy watching boxing.

new topics

top topics

join