It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Do American elections work?

However many there are, does the combination of them work?

The highest measure of democracy is neither the 'extent of freedom' nor the 'extent of equality', but rather the highest measure of participation.
A. d. Benoist

Bearing this in mind ^

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yes, American elections work. Witness the last 2 Presidential Elections. Americans don't want weak Presidents, that is why ALGORE and John F'n Kerry had no chance against a real leader like Bush.

The highest measure of democracy is neither the 'extent of freedom' nor the 'extent of equality', but rather the highest measure of participation.
A. d. Benoist

The above quote has got to be one of the stupidest quotes I have ever heard of in my life.

Information and motivation are the best measures of participation. The highest measure of participation would include the uninformed and the apathetic.

Who the heck is A.D. Benoist anyway?

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
No, we don't want week presidents just one that can be easily manipulated by interest groups.

Las corporations Baby.

[edit on 23-3-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"The above quote has got to be one of the stupidest quotes I have ever heard of in my life."

What, even stupider than:

"Yes, American elections work. Witness the last 2 Presidential Elections. Americans don't want weak Presidents, that is why ALGORE and John F'n Kerry had no chance against a real leader like Bush."

Nah, i don't think so.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace
"The above quote has got to be one of the stupidest quotes I have ever heard of in my life."

"Yes, American elections work. Witness the last 2 Presidential Elections. Americans don't want weak Presidents, that is why ALGORE and John F'n Kerry had no chance against a real leader like Bush."

Nah, i don't think so.

Next time you look in the mirror apply what you call me in your post, it will looks great on you.

By the way this site is about denying Ignorance not enforcing it. That is why you are not getting much answer in your thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Nah, i don't think so.

Next time you look in the mirror apply what you call me in your post, it will looks great on you.

By the way this site is about denying Ignorance not enforcing it. That is why you are not getting much answer in your thread.

im confused, i wasn't talking to you, didn't call you anything, and please explain how i am enforcing ignorance by asking what people's opinions are on the effectiveness of American elections. I am writing a piece of coursework on the subject.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

im confused, i wasn't talking to you, didn't call you anything, and please explain how i am enforcing ignorance by asking what people's opinions are on the effectiveness of American elections. I am writing a piece of coursework on the subject.

Well I apologized for the post if the answer given was not for me I don't take insults and I though that what it was, I still believe our last two elections has been of shady results.

new topics

top topics

join