It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Web Hackers Leak Canadian Military Spy Plane's Sensitive Data-- Design Docs and More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Dark Web Hackers Leak Canadian Military Spy Plane's Sensitive Data-- Design Docs and More

Looks like Bombadier was affected by a zero day sploit on a 3rd party software used to "securely" transfer large amounts of data by a hacker group. That data stolen data was then posted on the Dark Web. However before posting to the dark web they tried to ransom the data. The data leaked were designs and documents of various airplanes. One of them being the Globaleye (AEW&C) comparable to the E-3 Sentry.

According to Popular Mechanics' latest report, the affected plane is specifically the Globaleye, which is an aircraft that combines the Bombadier 6000 long-range global business jet with Saab's Erieye airborne radar sensor.

The hacked spy plane is designed to act as the ears and eyes of the Canadian Air Force. It is specifically created to detect enemy missiles. drones, and aircraft at long ranges. It can also inform the Canadian Air Force so that it can dispatch its own fighter jets to check or counter the detected attack.

Airplane maker Bombardier data posted on ransomware leak site following FTA hack

edit on 2-3-2021 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Holy crap there's so much wrong in the first article. It makes my brain hurt.

First- It's the E-3 Sentry, the E-2 is the Hawkeye and is Navy.
Second- There's currently one operator of the Globaleye, and it's not Canada.
Third- It's kind of hard for Canada to already rely heavily on it, since its first flight was 2018, and it was delivered late last year to the one operator that flies it.
Fourth- Bombardier didn't develop the Globaleye, SAAB did. Bombardier built the airframe, but SAAB did all the integration work
edit on 3/2/2021 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Forgive me, but I've been ill since Friday and I'm trying to catch up.

SE-RMU

I was under the assumption that this aircraft was based at either Mojave or Edwards. It's registered in Sweden. Beyond that, I'm to sick to understand how any of this could happen. Lol... carry on.

edit on 2-3-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

No, there are currently three platforms flying. They're owned by the UAE, and based in Dubai. The Global 6000 that shows up around Edwards is an E-11A that's most likely been testing new onboard equipment or working with someone.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 05:26 AM
link   

UAE? Well that's note worthy.

Ok well tonight like clockwork as in every night. There is a Dornier 328 turboprop out of Manassas Regional Airport (HEF)
It comes up to Pennsylvania and does surveillance (I'm guessing) as it makes a circle marked as a circle.
for hours nightly.
Thought it was for Raven Rock Site R but Site R is far to the west. I'll try to get a small thread on it.

Next is an aircraft in northern Mojave near China Lake at what appears to be a mother ship (lol) for hundreds of tiny drones. Was hoping if you're still driving in those parts if you've seen or heard hundreds of drones and one aircraft to oversee them all.

I'll at least do the Dornier 328 (generally takes off after dusk) 7pm est. But more regular than a bowl of fiber if you know what I mean.

Thanks Grey580

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Without more to go on than that, I can't tell you what they're doing.

We don't go up that way anymore except for vacation trips.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I am familiar with the area in PA. I grew up in Fulton County, part of which is covered in the circle. Letterkenny Army Depot is to the north of the circle and the Raven Rock Complex is to the east of the circle ( I noticed that you said Raven Rock is west... it is not, it is east of Wayneboro). Other than those things, the area is pretty much rural (farms and woodland).
edit on b000000312021-03-03T07:20:43-06:0007America/ChicagoWed, 03 Mar 2021 07:20:43 -0600700000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I am familiar with the area in PA. I grew up in Fulton County, part of which is covered in the circle. Letterkenny Army Depot is to the north of the circle and the Raven Rock Complex is to the east of the circle ( I noticed that you said Raven Rock is west... it is not, it is east of Wayneboro). Other than those things, the area is pretty much rural (farms and woodland).

Winner winner chicken dinner. Thank you very much.đź‘Ť
I was way off. Recalibrating big time.

And i dislike Chambersburg.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Chambersburg has turned into a S-Hole. My Uncle has a jewelry store on Main Street and my cousin has 4 funeral homes in Chambersburg/Franklin County.
The only other thing major in that second circle that you posted is McConnellsburg. They are the location of JLG Industries. They make tele-handlers for the US Military and man-lifts which are used heavily in aviation for de-icing and maintenance. They were bought out by Oshkosh Defense, that makes a number of vehicles for the US military, including the JLTV.
So, if someone is looking at that... they probably aren't our friends? Or good guys are looking for some comms from an engineer that also works for the PLA?

edit on b000000312021-03-03T10:19:58-06:0010America/ChicagoWed, 03 Mar 2021 10:19:58 -06001000000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Or they're training. We've had the RC-26B orbiting near Luke AFB recently. It's also been around other areas near Phoenix. They need to train and test equipment, and what better place to do it.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Occam's Razor would agree with that.

posted on Mar, 3 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So now anyone can build one?

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

i think AF uses them

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

No they don't. They use the Global 6000 for the E-11A, but that doesn't have anything to do with what was hacked. The UAE is the only one that uses the AEW platform.

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i was talking about hacking feeds of various types

top topics

join