It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sephora Cuts Ties With Beauty Influencer for Being a Conservative

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for POLITE political debate will be enforced.
Members must also Stay on Topic!!! Avoid Chit Chat.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Most conservatives have in common our desire to not see little babies murdered. If a person or organization doesn't like that belief, it's too bad. There is nothing saying we must interact with someone who is non-moral in this regard.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What happened to the Left's "unity" and all that BS?

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: strongfp

Can we break down this a little?

recently shared content on social media that is not aligned with Sephora’s values around inclusivity.

What did she share that made Sephora take such drastic measures?

Her lawyer’s are also wondering. They requested this exact information from Sephora for their upcoming lawsuit.

I hope she sues the crap out of them for lots of money. Sad days when we’re being demonized, criminalized and cancelled for exercising our freedom of speech. What’s even sadder is the people cheering it on.

Typical garbage excuses like "well this is just capitalism"... no it's blatant discrimination against an employee for which there are laws against.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Written beneath her video...

...This video was sponsored by Sephora via Rewardstyle and hours after it was approved to be posted, Sephora asked for it to be removed. They responded to several comments, including one comment that said I am part of a "dangerous MAGA group." Sephora replied to that person thanking them for bringing it to their attention and my content "is not aligned with Sephora's values around inclusivity."
You can see my video statement on my IGTV. I will never be supporting Sephora again and will happily remove the video once they pay me what they owe me for the sponsorship.
God bless everyone ❤️

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 12:17 AM
link   

If there was a contract then she has a civil rights lawsuit. They need to define what constitutionally protected belief of hers and not some biggoted generalized assumption about her personal beliefs was suddenly in conflict to their values or whatever . if there is no contract then all is moot. But considering these are commercial endorsements, there is usually some fine print and a signature of both parties.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sephora PAYS her to promote Sephora. The "Beauty Influencer" owns the site and she DOES NOT promote Sephora for free. If she did, Sephora would not have any say in the content. Also, the site is not owned by Sephora - Sephora has no ownership control, so it cannot 'fire' her or simply take it away. She is not an employee of Sephora - she has no employee/employer relationship.

Sephora can, however, choose to spend its advertising money anyway it chooses, which includes withdrawing its advertising support from this beauty influencer, in exactly the same way that Bill O'Reilly and Hannity and many others, both left wing and right wing have lost sponsorship for foolish and dangerous remarks.

edit on 31/1/2021 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It looks like the twat that reported her took her Instagram and other social media private because ‘people were being mean’ to her.

Karma’s a bitch.
edit on 2021/1/31 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Not much to say here except it just keeps happening.

Nothing happened except an "Influencer" for those who need influencing has lost a contract.

She wasn't dropped because she's a Conservative she was dropped because she's a drama queen with a big mouth.

Sephora recently sponsored her and received extreme backlash because she has made racists comments in the past to other gurus, is a covid denier, and made numerous comments supporting the insurrection at the capital (if you search her name in beautyguruchatter on Reddit a bunch of old tweets have been posted) .

Upon the backlash Sephora has terminated the relationship with her. Now, conservatives are claiming this is an “assault on republicans” and a violation of free speech. For anyone confused, private companies do not owe you free speech under the constitution and I would guess Sephora does have some kind of reputation clause in their contracts though of course I don’t know that.
community.sephora.com...

Who cares.
edit on 31-1-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The question is were the comments in question made after a signed contract or before. She has no duty to present her entire posting history, and it is their responsibility to filter who they pay.
If its old stuff made before signing, she can force them to settlement payment with a half decent legal team.

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Most conservatives have in common our desire to not see little babies murdered. If a person or organization doesn't like that belief, it's too bad. There is nothing saying we must interact with someone who is non-moral in this regard.

Yep. I disagree on the abortion front, so in their little world of dead-end # ups, I should be able to cancel you for that, because short bus reasons.

Then again, for as "left" as most seem to think I am, I put a target on my own ass because I'm a stay-at-home-mom, & believe quite adamantly this is where our place in life is to begin with, so you'd be able to cancel me for the audacity. Or we'd cancel out the cancelling or some #, I don't know.
edit on 1/31/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Not much to say here except it just keeps happening.

Nothing happened except an "Influencer" for those who need influencing has lost a contract.

She wasn't dropped because she's a Conservative she was dropped because she's a drama queen with a big mouth.

Sephora recently sponsored her and received extreme backlash because she has made racists comments in the past to other gurus, is a covid denier, and made numerous comments supporting the insurrection at the capital (if you search her name in beautyguruchatter on Reddit a bunch of old tweets have been posted) .

Upon the backlash Sephora has terminated the relationship with her. Now, conservatives are claiming this is an “assault on republicans” and a violation of free speech. For anyone confused, private companies do not owe you free speech under the constitution and I would guess Sephora does have some kind of reputation clause in their contracts though of course I don’t know that.
community.sephora.com...

Who cares.

All the same SJW gibberish.

What was racist? I'd like to see it.

Covid denier is not a thing.

Just like those "dangerous" Trump tweets. Completely ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 1 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

How dare you post facts!

OMGZ teh Sephora iz coming 4 R guns!!1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join