It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsi fires a shot

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I've looked her over... er I mean I've studied her positions ...AHHH START OVER ....ok so I've looked up her views on issues.

Tulsi's Views

I mean, at the end of the day, when you review her perspective on some hot-button topics, at least as articulated during 2020 campaign season, I'm not really seeing how she is distinguishing herself from left wing orthodoxy.

[x] Abolish capital punishment
[x] Study reparations (sounds like a cop out answer to me TBH)
[x] Free college
[x] Ban "assault weapons" and restrict 2A
[x] DACA - full citizenship for dreamers //but no concessions on border security//

The reparations, free college, cracking down on 2A and lax stance on illegal immigration are all non-starters for me.

She does win points from me on her support of winding down foreign wars, cracking down on offshoring, and calling cease fire on the "War on Drugs"

She is clearly a bright gal, has composure while speaking and plenty of charisma. If she comes to the center on some of ^^^^ the bullet points up there, then I can envision her having some real appeal to more centrists/independents, and especially center-right folks.

The fact that she was in the military and wants our troops back home is a big deal to me. I see a person that if God forbid another 9/11 were to happen on her watch, she would be up to the task and strike the balance between making some heads roll but not launching into full on nation building mode.

Potential. That is the one word that comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 30 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

She was clearly the most intelligent and sane among the dem candidates in the primary. Butthead, Cory Booker, Biden, Bernie, Harris.... dip#s all.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join