It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transferring "My Pictures" to a ATS post??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
How can I transfer a picture from a folder to a post? I've tried to copy & paste...paste option is not available. Do I need to change formats, if so how? I know that I'm missing something easy... I've finally conceded defeat and am asking for help...it's a man thing ...like not stopping to ask for directions...or reading instructions.

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by RealFlight]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
First, you have to store your pics to another website ( mig.lathwood.co.uk... ) or on ATS via the upload button.

When it's done, you do your post. There is an icon ( a computer screen ). Click it and paste your link in the box.
And normally your pic will show up in your post.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ultra-Phoenix, Thank-you for your help...I'm still lost??
It is a JPG file, 3281 in size, in the upload box, the message says that the file has been uploaded. My question is how do I get it transferred into the message box when doing a new post? Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Signed,
Lost in Cyberspace, LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You don't know the CTRL A/CTRL C/ CTRL V functions ( copy & paste ) ? I understand your pic is now uploaded.So, it has now an internet link.It doesn't change anything if it's an ATS or Lathowood link. Just copy it and paste it in the box. When you click the icon, a box has to appear. It's written : " Please enter the URL to the image you wish to transfer ".

Is it ok now ?

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Type in "http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/uploads/FILE NAME.gif"
Without the quotes.
Where file name is the name of the file as it appears in your upload command box.

It should look like "ats255_something.jpg"

Let me know how you make out.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Thanks Everyone!!! I think ( I hope) that I've got it down. You will be able to tell if the pic is there or ...............Not. Thanks again!!

top topics

join