It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Had Secret Plans for Iraq Oil from 2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
It has emerged from a BBC Newsnight investigation that the US administration had plans to overthrow Saddam and take control of Iraq's oil from 2001.

news.bbc.co.uk
The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks, sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed.

Iraqi-born Falah Aljibury says US Neo-Conservatives planned to force a coup d'etat in Iraq
Two years ago today - when President George Bush announced US, British and Allied forces would begin to bomb Baghdad - protesters claimed the US had a secret plan for Iraq's oil once Saddam had been conquered.

In fact there were two conflicting plans, setting off a hidden policy war between neo-conservatives at the Pentagon, on one side, versus a combination of "Big Oil" executives and US State Department "pragmatists".

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It appears the BBC have taken seriously the accusations against the Bush Administration that they had planned a takeover of Iraq long before 9/11.

It shoots down their claims that it was to remove WMD, or get rid of a terrorist regime in Iraq, as the rather extensive report with some big hitters in Washington and the Oil industry seems to lay credence to the many claims that Bush wanted Iraq's oil.

I wonder what political fallout there will be from this, if any? And will people now start to question the whole "War on Terror" that has been much vaunted by the US Government over recent years, as it is apparent that there are hidden agendas at work here behind the scenes.

I have included a link to the video below, so that people from outside the UK can examine it for themselves.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 29-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Voting against this article? Why?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think this is fairly old news. Anyway fomenting revolution in Iraq was actually U.S. law, passed while Clinton was president.

See The Iraq Liberation Act of 1998:

Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 - Declares that it should be the policy of the United States to seek to remove the Saddam Hussein regime from power in Iraq and to replace it with a democratic government.

Is someone trying to indict neo-cons for following U.S. law?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yeah whos voting against this?

link   
i knew it!!!! those oil companies are the only ones that are keeping us from changing to a different power sorce!!! they will stop at all cost to stop us from using different type of power than oil

link   
Not sure about old news. BBC have just made the programme.

Maybe the theories where common knowledge, but as far as I am aware this is the first time a major news outlet has commented on it seriously.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Yeah whos voting against this?

I'll put good money Edsinger voted no, and we all know why!

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interesting.

Some of these quotes were a bit unerving:

The new plan was crafted by neo-conservatives intent on using Iraq's oil to destroy the Opec cartel through massive increases in production above Opec quotas.

Yikes. This sound like replacing one foreign cartel with a US cartel more bent on raking in bigger profits.

Mr Aljibury, once Ronald Reagan's "back-channel" to Saddam, claims that plans to sell off Iraq's oil, pushed by the US-installed Governing Council in 2003, helped instigate the insurgency and attacks on US and British occupying forces.... "We saw an increase in the bombing of oil facilities, pipelines, built on the premise that privatisation is coming."

This group actually instigated the attacks on US soldiers, to kill our fathers, brothers, sons, wives, daughters and sisters, in order to make a larger profit on oil????

What people will do for the all mighty dollar..

Phae

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The no votes, and the suspension of voting are most likely due to the very minimal opening paragraph. Although some might also claim bias.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hmmm...My guess is, this has been posted many times by people here from "non-credible" newssources. Now, its from the BBC.

Its credible.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The problem is obviously your first intro paragraph, it should at least 2 or 3 more sentences.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The problem is obviously your first intro paragraph, it should have at least 2 or 3 more sentences.

new topics

top topics

join