It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what is the limit?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You know, you make a prety darn good argument.

But then again, why should the United States get into a conflict with China? Our federal government is filled with China's bitches.

We can't even defend our own rights and freedoms. Our Constitution is toilet paper.
edit on 12-12-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I don't know mate.

I canny even understand why people turn up to fight wars.

Obviously, the pay must be good, and mass genocide desirable to some.

But again that would be the bankers and corporations as opposed to the 17-year-old kids with machine guns they send abroad to do there bidding.

That are not old enough to purchase Call of Duty back home, nor eligible for a council house upon their return, even in pieces both mentally and phisicaly.

Mad world eh?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Where IS the Pacific Fleet. Do we have military and naval assets on station in that region?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Where IS the Pacific Fleet.

Rough idea. Probably not comprehensive, because secrets and stuff.
news.usni.org...
edit on 12/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: fomalhaut

Perhaps the purpose of sending the plane in was to elicit a response. What other reason would there have been? Espionage? I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
China are ready for war, on many fronts. They arent wanting to instigate it though, it's better that an 'aggressive' neighbour makes that first move........ and that's probably the story they'll push if/when it happens.

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Poke the bear.
edit on 12-12-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The Taiwanese are scrambling jets to shadow them. That is the purpose. It costs Taiwan money and equipment, and there is a psychological toll on the citizens having active fighter jets flying over everyday. OP didn't mention if he saw them, but Taiwanese in Taipei told me about this.

The pace is unrelenting. Taiwan Defense Minister Yen De-fa said in October that the air force had scrambled 2,972 times against Chinese aircraft this year at a cost of T$25.5 billion ($903 million). The defense ministry said that for the year to early October, its aircraft had flown 4,132 missions, including the scrambles to intercept PLA aircraft and training flights. That's an increase of 129% on the whole of last year, according to Reuters calculations.

There is pressure at sea, too. Last month, the ministry told parliament that for the year to early November, Taiwanese ships had conducted 1,223 missions to intercept PLA vessels, an increase of about 400 such missions from the previous year.

'COLLISION AND COLLAPSE'

By increasing the tempo of these operations, the PLA can inflict disproportionate stress on Taiwan's much smaller force. The Chinese military has more than 2,000 fighters, bombers and other warplanes, compared with Taiwan's 400 fighters, according to the Pentagon's annual report on Chinese military power, published in September. Over time, fuel costs, pilot fatigue and wear and tear on Taiwanese aircraft will threaten the readiness of the island's air force if this pressure continues, according to Taiwanese and U.S. military analysts. The constant threat is also designed to exact a psychological toll on the defenders, they say.

news.trust.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: numberjuggler
The Taiwanese are scrambling jets to shadow them. That is the purpose. It costs Taiwan money and equipment, and there is a psychological toll on the citizens having active fighter jets flying over everyday. OP didn't mention if he saw them, but Taiwanese in Taipei told me about this.

The pace is unrelenting. Taiwan Defense Minister Yen De-fa said in October that the air force had scrambled 2,972 times against Chinese aircraft this year at a cost of T$25.5 billion ($903 million). The defense ministry said that for the year to early October, its aircraft had flown 4,132 missions, including the scrambles to intercept PLA aircraft and training flights. That's an increase of 129% on the whole of last year, according to Reuters calculations.

No, I haven't seen them. But the news reports on the flights into Taiwan's ADIZ. It has become so commonplace that I think the psychological effect on the populace is waning. I'm sure it still takes a toll on the military, however.

There is pressure at sea, too. Last month, the ministry told parliament that for the year to early November, Taiwanese ships had conducted 1,223 missions to intercept PLA vessels, an increase of about 400 such missions from the previous year.

'COLLISION AND COLLAPSE'

By increasing the tempo of these operations, the PLA can inflict disproportionate stress on Taiwan's much smaller force. The Chinese military has more than 2,000 fighters, bombers and other warplanes, compared with Taiwan's 400 fighters, according to the Pentagon's annual report on Chinese military power, published in September. Over time, fuel costs, pilot fatigue and wear and tear on Taiwanese aircraft will threaten the readiness of the island's air force if this pressure continues, according to Taiwanese and U.S. military analysts. The constant threat is also designed to exact a psychological toll on the defenders, they say.

news.trust.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
No, I haven't seen them. But the news reports on the flights into Taiwan's ADIZ. It has become so commonplace that I think the psychological effect on the populace is waning. I'm sure it still takes a toll on the military, however.
replying to numberjuggler

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat
That's exactly the main purpose, although I'm sure they're also conducting surveillance.

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Let me clarify - yes, the Taiwanese are worried. But they aren't going to roll over like Hong Kong seems to have. If China pushes this issue to the point of invasion, it will be a bloody and costly battle for both sides. Any idea of a mass surrender or defection on the Taiwanese side is a pipe dream.
edit on 12/13/2020 by fomalhaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
You're thinking of Hong Kong. There was never a lease on Taiwan.

posted on Dec, 15 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fomalhaut

posted on Dec, 16 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Well, that brought back some memories. Not sure what it has to do with the thread, lol.
ETA - I'm a bit slow. The thread title hahaha

edit on 12/16/2020 by fomalhaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Agreed

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join