It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Out There Playing With Small CNC Wood Routers/ Lasers?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I make signs, inlays, custom wooden items.all sorts of stuff really.

I use a program called vetric aspire which is like a vector drawing program with the ability to create gcode toolpaths but really easily. You can type in some words and click vcarve profile, set the depth and then save the code like a regular file. Then just open the workbee interface and upload the file and it sends it to the machine wirelessly and does what you told it to. It's absurdly simple.
edit on 11/12/2020 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

So it works like masterCAM more or less then? Does the company offer customer service support in recommended G and M coding as well or is that something you been having to figure out yourself if you want to just code something yourself without using toolpath create style programs?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm not gonna lie I have no idea about that as I can't write code to save my life.

I wouldn't know where to start but the CNC itself as long as you upload a .tap file it will cut regardless of how it was written or in what can software.

originally posted by: Brotherman

So it works like masterCAM more or less then? Does the company offer customer service support in recommended G and M coding as well or is that something you been having to figure out yourself if you want to just code something yourself without using toolpath create style programs?

posted on Dec, 12 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Well I have an interest in this machine so thank you for the tip

top topics

<< 1   >>

join