It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seti@home Classic has about 1 month left!

page: 1

join
share:
xn

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
In preparation for shutting down SETI@home Classic (in about 1 month, hopefully) we're trying to make sure that SETI@home Classic accounts are linked to the proper SETI@home/BOINC account. This is a bit complicated because of email address changes.

setiweb.ssl.berkeley.edu...

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Nooo...when they turn off classic I'm gonna have to create a new account and start over

Stupid me has forgotten my password and the email address I have my account registered with is gone as well...this sucks

67 WUs gone

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Don't worry, WUs aren't counted in the same way for BOINC, it qon't make any difference.

xn

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The total amount of Seti@home Classic workunits are in your Seti@home/BOINC profile though. If you created an account before May 14, 2004, then they already moved that account over to BOINC, and all you need to do is activate it. There was another snapshot recently on March 14, but expect maybe 2 or 3 more before the end. If you forget your password, then you could always have it emailed to you, but if you don't remember the email address, then try to guess which email address you used. It's gotta be one of them.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
ACK!!! I just looked for the first time in a few months and I have 796 WU's!!!!! I should really switch to boinc soon....

top topics

join