It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first PS5 metacritic reviews are in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The first metacritic reviews are in from the people lucky enough to get a hold of a PS5 on November 12th.

Most popular PS5 games

1. Devil May Cry - 87/100 points
2. Spider-Man - 85
3. Astro´s playroom - 83
4. The Pathless - 82
5. Sackboy - 78

-MM
edit on 14-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation
The first metacritic reviews are in from the people lucky enough to get a hold of a PS5 on November 12th.

Most popular PS5 games

1. Devil May Cry - 87/100 points
2. Spider-Man - 85
3. Astro´s playroom - 83
4. The Pathless - 82
5. Sackboy - 78

-MM

I noticed the PS5 remote play icon the other day...

I guess you can remote play the 5 with the 4?

Gonna hafta talk to the kids about this....

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

What PS5 game(s) are you playing since launch?

-MM

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
All I care about is Demon's Souls, and God of War: Valhalla. But... I don't see me being able to get one before the end of the year. Scalpers are ruining it for the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I'm not really a console gamer, but everytime I did pick one up it was a playstation. If I get one this time around, it definitely won't be a playstation. Sony is pushing censorship pretty hardcore this time around, which oddly enough Nintendo is allowing more freedom to it's developers. It's gotten so bad with Sony that many japanese developers have decided not to make games for the playstation this time around.

Granted, many of the games are anime-related and full of cheesecake which may not be everyone's cup o'tea, but censorship is censorship and it has pushed away japanese developers. There's also this:

screenrant.com...

When has an xbox ever sold out in japan??

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Wow, didn´t know that - I´m definately not for censorship myself.

-MM

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
All I care about is Demon's Souls, and God of War: Valhalla. But... I don't see me being able to get one before the end of the year. Scalpers are ruining it for the rest of us.

Have you played the latest God Of War? I've been gaming for 40 years (since my 1st Atari) and this is the best game I have ever played 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Sony is gonna record all voice chat as well. Fine ban people but I'm not comfortable with that at all

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'll pick one up when they get to the next iteration, I've read of several issues with them so far, both from media and friends. Nothing really catches my eye as far as launch titles.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I got my PS5 through preordering at WalMArt last month. Got Spiderman Miles Morales and AC Valhalla, great game so far.

I did find out I can't turn on the PS HDR function. The PS5 says HDR not supported, but the receiver it runs through and the Samsung 4k HDR set does, If I turn HDR on it tells me it can only output in 1080 resolution. I have one HDMI from the receiver to the TV, so cable TV, 4k disc player and a few other things all feed to the TV through that. Checked the TV settings and the HDMI input is set to accept 4k HDR.

Did some research and posting in some Home Theater forums, and this is why it won't work:

" PS5 uses decompressed signal of 4k 120hz for gaming. Current AVRs handle 4k 60hz. "

So I'd have to plug it directly into the TV and would not have any sound (except $hitty tv speakers)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Do you use a HDMI 2.0 cable? If you need 4K @ 60Hz I think you need one. I think there even is a HDMI 2.1 now.

blog.son-video.co... m/en/2019/08/is-it-necessary-to-change-your-hdmi-cables-to-enjoy-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-picture-2019/

-MM
edit on 16-11-2020 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have the right HDMI's, but my (and most) receivers only pass through 4K @ 60Hz. The PS5 outputs 4k @ 120hz so no HDR unless I go straight to the TV

new topics

top topics

join