It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrities who move you....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Let me start by saying I don't usually give two $@%#s about celebrities. My perspective is YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU CAN PLAY PRETEND. That being said, there have been times when I have had the opportunity to come across certain people...celebrities...who have the unique ability to move beyond their career to connect with people in such a special way. Robin Williams was one of these people. The other person I feel this way about is Steve Harvey. His humility, compassion, character, and humor are simply incredible.

I realize that these people are not perfect.... They are human, after all. But they are genuine which is a trait that is hard to find in superficial Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
Let me start by saying I don't usually give two $@%#s about celebrities. My perspective is YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU CAN PLAY PRETEND. That being said, there have been times when I have had the opportunity to come across certain people...celebrities...who have the unique ability to move beyond their career to connect with people in such a special way. Robin Williams was one of these people. The other person I feel this way about is Steve Harvey. His humility, compassion, character, and humor are simply incredible.

I realize that these people are not perfect.... They are human, after all. But they are genuine which is a trait that is hard to find in superficial Hollywood.

There is more to Steve Harvey than he shows and people know.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

But they are genuine

How would you know this?

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Bob Ross.

Dude was a drill Sargent and decided to flip the script afterwards. He decided that he was going to bring joy to people after that and vowed never to yell at another person.

I don't think he was traumatized, I don't think he wore a chip on his shoulder... He appeared to have been the change he wanted to see. The man's voice melts hearts. I'm sure you could play it for people who don't speak English to get a chemical like sedation out of them.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I know what most think of his acting but he just seems like a real likeable guy...

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

There is more to Steve Harvey than he shows and people know.

Yeah, Steve doesn't have the best reputation from what I've heard.

Generally speaking, most celebs are total azzholes because they are so put upon by the public. I'd imagine being recognizably famous is kind of a curse.

I've bumped into a few celebs. The ones I like are the ones who don't act like celebs. They try to just blend in and be normal.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

not sure I know much about Steve Harvey, but damn, what a work ethic. He had lots of things going on all at once, and still may.

I'm sure lots of celebrities have great qualities, but to think that any of them deserved to be taken seriously when offering advice on how I should vote and think is nuts. Most of them have lived in Hollywood fantasy land for much too long.

If you can't remember how it felt to not be able to buy things your family needed because it's not in the budget, you likely have no idea how normal folks live.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I must agree with both Critical Stinker and operation mindcrime.
Bob Ross was very cool, the 'gentle soul' personified. As for Keanu Reeves, I was just about to watch "Constantine".
What a coincidence!

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I know what most think of his acting but he just seems like a real likeable guy...

Peace

Yah. He does. But the only movie I ever walked out of was the first Matrix (after first 10 minutes). His brutal acting pushed me away at the time. Was just so distracting. I was thinking 'Jesus, so you made Ted "Theodore" Logan even dumber than he was before, but tried to put him in a sci fi drama where he is supposedly evaluating the meaning of existence and simulation theory?' I certainly came to appreciate it later (especially after learning that they were modeling the whole approach to shooting it after comics - angles, action, etc).

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

But the only movie I ever walked out of was the first Matrix (after first 10 minutes)

Funny how things work. Personally I was stoned as ... in the front row of the cinema watching M1. Loved it.

I've never met the guy but I've heard anecdotal stories that Denzel Washington would meet the criteria.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Gonna say Gael García Bernal even though he's a bit of a commie

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Sean Penn. I absolutely hate his political views on most things. But he is a fantastic actor. Top notch.

My most favorite and most underrated actor is Courtney Gaines.

posted on Nov, 13 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Most of my celebrity idols are dead, but among the living is Tyler Perry. He strikes me as being a man of genius, vision, integrity, and heart.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

But they are genuine

How would you know this?

Because I've had the opportunity to interact with several of them when the cameras were off and they had no reason to continue pretending for a public image. Because they were genuinely good people who showed humility and character at times when they really had no reason to do so....

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Bob Ross.

Dude was a drill Sargent and decided to flip the script afterwards. He decided that he was going to bring joy to people after that and vowed never to yell at another person.

I don't think he was traumatized, I don't think he wore a chip on his shoulder... He appeared to have been the change he wanted to see. The man's voice melts hearts. I'm sure you could play it for people who don't speak English to get a chemical like sedation out of them.

I've never met Bob Ross but I absolutely LOVE that guy! I watched his shows when I was young. Authenticated versions of his paintings are extraordinarily rare. Such a national treasure, that guy.....

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Another guy who I have never met, but from the accounts I have read....he might be one of those special people I wrote this thread about.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I'm not really talking about their acting ability. That would be a different list.

I'm talking about people who have a special combination of humility, character, and compassion towards people who can do absolutely nothing for them. These are people who give of their time and talents, often anonymously, and expect nothing in return. They do not act one way for the public and then become an entirely different persona behind closed doors.

They are just....well....genuine.

posted on Nov, 16 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Most of my celebrity idols are dead, but among the living is Tyler Perry. He strikes me as being a man of genius, vision, integrity, and heart.

Another individual who I have never met but seems to be a good hearted person.

new topics

top topics

join