It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Yang moving to Georgia to help Democrats in Senate Runoffs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I love this!

It is absolutely WILD both Georgia senate seats are going to a runoff.

As you all know Runoffs are ALL about turnout, since it's a special election. Andrew Yang and his wife are personally moving to Georgia to help push the vote over the top.

,www.google.com...

Also...

twitter.com...

The thing about Yang is that he seems to be universally liked by Dems, Libertarians, and Independents.. even some Republicans like him. He is probably the kindest politician of them all.

Gotta love how he is literally moving there to push it!

Entrepreneur and former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang announced Monday he will move to Georgia to work for two Senate candidates in runoffs that will determine control of the upper chamber.
"Great news #yanggang - Evelyn and I are moving to Georgia to help @ossoff and @ReverendWarnock win!" Yang tweeted, referencing Democrats Jon Ossoff and the Rev. Raphael Warnock.
"This is our only chance to clear Mitch out of the way and help Joe and Kamala get things done in the next 4 years," he added. "More details to come but let's go!!!"

Warnock will face Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R) in a Jan. 5 runoff after neither candidate finished with a majority of the vote in last week's special election, which also featured Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.) and Democratic candidate Matt Lieberman.
Ossoff, meanwhile, will meet Sen. David Perdue (R) in a rematch on the same day after neither of them broke 50 percent.
The runoffs have taken on new significance after Democrat Joe Biden was declared the winner of the presidential election but Democratic Senate candidates underperformed expectations. 
Former gubernatorial candidate and voting rights advocate Stacey Abrams, seen as a key factor in Biden's performance in the state, was bullish on Democratic chances in the runoffs.
"I want to push back against this anachronistic notion that we can't win in Georgia," she told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" on Sunday.

edit on 10-11-2020 by Lucidparadox because: Added quote

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It is too bad liberals won't stay in their sh*t hole cities like Seattle, SF, NYC, Portland, LA, etc. The irony is they move to escape the homeless, sky high living costs, crime, etc and bring the very voting habits that drove their cities into the gutter with them.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I love this!

It is absolutely WILD both Georgia senate seats are going to a runoff.

As you all know Runoffs are ALL about turnout, since it's a special election. Andrew Yang and his wife are personally moving to Georgia to help push the vote over the top.

,www.google.com...

Also...

twitter.com...

The thing about Yang is that he seems to be universally liked by Dems, Libertarians, and Independents.. even some Republicans like him. He is probably the kindest politician of them all.

Gotta love how he is literally moving there to push it!

Entrepreneur and former Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang announced Monday he will move to Georgia to work for two Senate candidates in runoffs that will determine control of the upper chamber.
"Great news #yanggang - Evelyn and I are moving to Georgia to help @ossoff and @ReverendWarnock win!" Yang tweeted, referencing Democrats Jon Ossoff and the Rev. Raphael Warnock.
"This is our only chance to clear Mitch out of the way and help Joe and Kamala get things done in the next 4 years," he added. "More details to come but let's go!!!"

Warnock will face Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R) in a Jan. 5 runoff after neither candidate finished with a majority of the vote in last week's special election, which also featured Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.) and Democratic candidate Matt Lieberman.
Ossoff, meanwhile, will meet Sen. David Perdue (R) in a rematch on the same day after neither of them broke 50 percent.
The runoffs have taken on new significance after Democrat Joe Biden was declared the winner of the presidential election but Democratic Senate candidates underperformed expectations. 
Former gubernatorial candidate and voting rights advocate Stacey Abrams, seen as a key factor in Biden's performance in the state, was bullish on Democratic chances in the runoffs.
"I want to push back against this anachronistic notion that we can't win in Georgia," she told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" on Sunday.

wow, sold his house and filed a change of address?

Or perhaps just renting for a month? I mean, Georgia is a nice state. So it's possible, but what with all the fake news, it's important to understand the real facts and call out those who misrepresent them. on a list or something.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sounds like he is moving to work for the campaigns, not necessarily "moving" to cast a vote.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Andrew Yang moving to Georgia to help Democrats in Senate Runoffs

This is Georgia so....
NFL

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Eh.. Georgia is too sticky for me.

Spent some "wonderful" months in Ft. Benning... 110 degrees and 99% humidity was pretty gross 🤣

I'm from Cleveland so I loved the heat... The Humidity is too much though.

Phoenix AZ where I'm at now is heaven.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Isn't there a residency time period before you can vote there?

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Yang was my choice for potus.

That guy truly looks to the future and has a plan for it.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Lived in florida all my life.

It's fine , you just have to be half/fully naked most of the time.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I was there in January. Not 110 out but still not a comfortable place to be.

On your points about Andrew Yang.

If he dropped his support for gun control and his illegal immigrant stance I'd vote for him in a heart beat. His vocational training and licensing plan for soldiers and veterans is on point and sorely needed. There some work being done on this by the Trump admin but nothing major has rolled out yet.

Those two areas are fundamental to me. Gun control largely affects poor people and those who are at risk of being victims of crimes, and illegal immigration accelerates and exacerbates problems stemming from technological unemployment.

There's a good chance I'd be voting for a Yang ticket if he were still in the running.
edit on 11 10 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Both Yang and Gabbard are a little too left on some key issues. However, they both seem reasonable in that they can at least listen to facts, data, and logic.

With that said, I initially thought Obama was moderate too...

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'd back yang as POTUS in a heartbeat, so long as we have a Republican Senate to prevent nonsense gun control crap.

Gun control is my singular "hot button", deal breaker. All the rest is just various components of policy that I can deal with.

If we saw a Yang/Gabbard ticket, i'd probably turn blue myself. The only up and comers in the GOP that really appeal to me are Dan Crenshaw, and maybe Candace Owens (but not as POTUS, she needs to prove herself out beyond the philosophical realm she currently resides in).

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Fair enough.

But these days I'll settle for just being able to agree on objective reality.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

twitter.com...

I call BS on Libertarians liking him. Where do you get that from? Maybe personally? But no Libertarian would ever vote for Yang.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Eh.. Georgia is too sticky for me.

Spent some "wonderful" months in Ft. Benning... 110 degrees and 99% humidity was pretty gross 🤣

I'm from Cleveland so I loved the heat... The Humidity is too much though.

Phoenix AZ where I'm at now is heaven.

Middleburg hts native here. Nc is home now. No snow shovels at all.
edit on 10-11-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Unless you move up to Asheville or in the mountains somewhere. Even here in Charlotte it's pretty mild by comparison. I spent a good bit of my life in the central FL area, as scraedtosleep mentioned you do have to go around partially clothed most of the time. Which in some cases can be a nice thing, and in most other cases is something there isn't enough eye bleach for.

As for Yang, I disagree with him going to help with the election process. It seems a little contrived to me, and perhaps he should look toward running again in 2024. Maybe change up a few of his ideals and he would make a decent candidate. Moving to another state to try and help his perceived side smacks of desperation in trying to maintain relevancy within his party.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I identify as libertarian, and i'd vote for Yang. The reason? he's the only sane and reasonable person I have seen in politics in a long time. I saw in the last election cycle where he changed his mind, or altered his viewpoint, because of discussions he had with people.

Do I think he's a perfect candidate? Nope. His 2nd Amendment views would turn me off if I thought the GOP couldn't hold a legislative body to protect against that. Beyond that, he's a reasonable man. Which neither party seems capable of producing to any reasonable degree.

ETA to point out that you are trying a "No Real Scotsman" fallacy.
edit on 11/10/2020 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Also, not to derail the topic, only because direct messages are a little sketchy. Have you checked the NC state election website to see if your vote has counted? As a Mecklenburg county resident, mine has still not shown up. My mother who lives out on the coast does show up. Just a little oddity I noticed.

posted on Nov, 10 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have noticed a lot of people claim to be Libertarian. It seems to be a "look at me, I'm special" kind of thing. People that claim to be Libertarian but support Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kucinich, or Yang do not make sense. What is Libertarian about Yang?

top topics

join