It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. court: Mass surveillance program exposed by Snowden was illegal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not too hopeful following Barrs comments but glad you have support out for Snowden.

He's gone through enough. I really do feel for him.

In all things, I have always tried to advocate for more freedoms, not less. More transparancy, not less.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I hope Snowden is fully pardoned.

So do I, for obvious reasons, but, not so long ago, Snowden was a traitor...here at ATS, personally speaking, I consider he was never a traitor, and God forbid that he should be given a pardon from someone who is!

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

So do I, for obvious reasons, but, not so long ago, Snowden was a traitor...here at ATS, personally speaking, I consider he was never a traitor, and God forbid that he should be given a pardon from someone who is!

I've always tried to be consistant, that way, I never have to remember what I've said or written.

I believe I was an advocate for Snowden even then.

It'd be interesting to go back and check. I wonder what I said then.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I've always tried to be consistant, that way, I never have to remember what I've said or written.

I believe I was an advocate for Snowden even then.

It'd be interesting to go back and check. I wonder what I said then.

No need, I wasn't making reference to you anyway.

For the great overwashed, this is one of your comments a while back,

"a reply to: TheBadCabbie
Snowden released information about our government.
Same as the leaks during the election.
The information exposed corruption, lies.
The same government says that lives have been lost because of the information released.
I say that more transparency will always be better than less, if we are to call ourselves a free society."

That's only a couple of years after Trump sought execution of Snowden, when Trump was just a long haired vigilante of course.
Things change though don't they? reflections are good though...mostly, but also advantageous!

edit on 3-9-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I quoted the relevant part where I felt you had an expectation of the president that he never actually committed to.

I didn't answer vaguely. I can only go on what the president already said.

What I'd like to see happen isn't guaranteed and while I am hopeful for a pardon I don't expect it.
edit on 9 4 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Great , so it was illegal.
So now the only logical thing is to arrest those that set it up and file charges against the current administration too if they do not dismantle the operation within a set time period.
It is way past time that Bush, Obama and their cronies were put behind bars for setting up and expanding the most intrusive surveillance state the world has ever seen.

As for Snowden, he should not be pardoned - no need. All charges should be dropped and his record wiped clean.
He should get a f***** ticker-tape parade on his return to the US.
edit on 4/9/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What I'd like to see happen isn't guaranteed

Thanks for responding.

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

o now the only logical thing is to arrest those that set it up and file charges against the current administration too if they do not dismantle the operation within a set time period.

It is way past time that Bush, Obama and their cronies were put behind bars for setting up and expanding the most intrusive surveillance state the world has ever seen.

I'm glad you included the current administration. You surprised me with this comment UK. Kudos.

The Trump Administration Is Using the Full Power of the U.S. Surveillance State Against Whistleblowers

Trump Administration Moves To Reauthorize NSA’s Controversial Spying Program

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i think the entire episode was intentionally leaked
to lead them to their own startling discovery
using the information
they unlawfully obtained
in the same or worse manner than it is supposed to be intended to thwart
not that there is a uncompromised player involved
all guilty of criminality
will face the trials on their souls
in due process
and let the guilt lie where it may
satan's lost followers fighting each other for booby prizes as the clock on their unending festival of life winds down
knowing they took their reward for life in advance
and when they couldnt sap eternity for 100 years or less total violation pleasure at others expense
they wound up in debtors prisons of the soul
to repay their debts which are incalculable
requiring them to get mercy
which brings us full circle
to see what resulted
they got fed it
gifted a bone to stop chewing its own leg
and bit off more than they could chew
to go back and mull over their illegal intent to manage and preside over
the unworthy
and gift them others blood sweat & tears by default rip of masses vs individuals who stand opposed to communism where your nothing but a disposable lump of #

edit on 29-12-2020 by godslayer because: typo of misplaced inserted text in wrong place on comment I made

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Bluntone22

The difficultly with implicating the previous administration would be the strong connections and continuation of the same aparatus during this one:

The Trump Administration Is Using the Full Power of the U.S. Surveillance State Against Whistleblowers

Trump Administration Moves To Reauthorize NSA’s Controversial Spying Program

This goes beyond partisan and political lines. Barr's comments are a clear example of this.

Pandoras box, if one side opens it the other side feels its ok for them to abuse it as well.

I dont like it, wish we could close the box but that ship sailed some time back.

posted on Dec, 29 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
file....__._/file/

posted on Jan, 31 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   
AS of this week it is still on going.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join