It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wise Master Bob

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
After I left the Mystic Monastery High Atop The Misty Mountain I took a low level job in an office building.

The day of my leaving was such a happy day. The Masters and students threw a big party since it was so wonderful that I was now ready to leave. I don't remember any other going away party so grand. Come to think of it, I don't recall any one else ever leaving the Mystic Monastery High Atop The Misty Mountain.

Master Bob was assigned to orient me to my new work environment, show me the time clock, the break room, the ropes. I haven't seen the ropes yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it.

The time clock is amazing! Master Bob showed me how to find my card in the archive shelf, insert it into the slot, then "kachunk!" The calligraphy is so fast, so crisp, so exactly duplicating the same characters!

Then it was coffee break time. Master Bob told me to go ahead into the break room and pour myself a cup of coffee. He came in a short time later as I sat on the floor in my accustomed meditative position, holding the mug in both hands.

"What are you chanting?" Master Bob asked.

"Be the coffee," I serenely replied, "What else?".

"No. No. No." The Wise One said, "Be the guy on break, and drink the coffee."

"Thank you Wise Master." I said

"It's Bob. Just Bob. I'm not your master. I just work here."

Master Bob demonstrates such amazing humility!

Some day I will be ready to move on to bigger things. There may be an opening here for some other fortunate student to learn from Wise Master Bob. The office is called Halfway House. Check frequently for job openings.

posted on Sep, 3 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I should give credit to the inspiration for this story.

I accidently listened to a Jed McKenna Youtube. Then read some stuff on this weblog. Jed McKenna Weblog

The story just came rather naturally then.

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
was you Wise Master anything like this guy?

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I feared this to be a trick question, so I showed Just Bob the picture.

He said, "Oh, those people. Look at my name tag. Do you see any quote marks?"

"No, Just Bob. There are no quote marks." But as I looked more, I noted, "There is also no 'Just'."

"I'm going to say this once, are you ready?" he asked. Then, "Bob".

"That sounded like quote marks to me."

Now I get to clean the toilet in the break room. I'm getting rather good at it. Maybe my next job will be Janitor. The possibilities are really opening up here.

top topics

join